Chapter - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 33 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 33 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I think Buddha was just looking for trouble, maybe him & Loki have a history of being on bad terms ? I still think it’s Loki or maybe Hermès helping the humans

The only reason I suspect Loki is because in the Nordic myths he’s one of the instigators or people that trigger Ragnorak
I hope it's Hermes. I want him to have a bigger role than just spectating and the occasional snarky comment. That said, it could more than one god helping the humans. They can't be all arrogant and genocidal lol. Buddha being on their side would actually make sense if he's anything like the Buddha we know about. But he does seem laid back, maybe a chaotic neutral.

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

This was my fav panel the entire chapter, his face looks epic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I hope it's Hermes. I want him to have a bigger role than just spectating and the occasional snarky comment. That said, it could more than one god helping the humans. They can't be all arrogant and genocidal lol. Buddha being on their side would actually make sense if he's anything like the Buddha we know about. But he does seem laid back, maybe a chaotic neutral.
I think it’s Hermès too, in greek mythology Hermès is known for being a mischievous God, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised

Besides Buddha I wonder what others gods might be “ Pro Humanity “ based on their mythology

I think Buddha is neutral, because he didn’t necessarily answer Loki‘question, I think they have bad history together

Because from the looks of it Buddha just confronted him out of nowhere & escalated the situation

Hes baiting Loki to fight him lmfao

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Smol Raiden was honestly adorable. His angelic face combined with his derp eyes made him just too cute
At least until his muscles started to kill him. Good thing good girl Thrud is there to save him from becoming a Baki character and explode. His Volund is basically a non-lethal version of Zeus's Adamas mode (or so I got from the chapter, gotta have to wait until the HQ version comes to get things better). Either way, even with that flex moment, since Shiva still hasn't shown what he's able to do, things still are not looking well for our sumo boy

I had a good impresson of Buddha last chapter, and this one has make me like him even more. While it's too soon to label him as an ally of humanity, Loki's suspiction about Volunds being made by buddhist techniques seems too specific to be something the author would throw just to not do anything with it later. Perhaps Buddha doesn't actually cares about humans and just taught the Valkyries the Volund because he was bored of something, but either way I look forward to his role on the story
Also, seeing Kojiro again after being absent for 10 chapters or so made me go
I hope nothing bad happens to him, I'll be devastated if he dies after his epic victory against Poseidon.

The 7 Lucky Gods honestly look like a group of One Piece villains
Bishamonten looks legit cool, though. Anyway, like I said before, I don't think this battle is going anywhere, and maybe next chapter Zeus or someone else will stop it. This pseudo gang on gang fight is probably a way to build up Okita/Loki/Bishamonten/Buddha (if he keeps fighting in the tournament) by the time their turn to participate in Ragnarok come.

Also, let's appreciate the fact that even finally having the chance to fight, Shiva still was cockblocked (narratively speaking) by the gangfight of Buddha/Loki in his own battle

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Also, seeing Kojiro again after being absent for 10 chapters or so made me go
I hope nothing bad happens to him, I'll be devastated if he dies after his epic victory against Poseidon.
Agreed. Looking at the line up Bishamonten is the one Koujiro should take on, assuming he still has Volund. Loki and Buddha should be busy with each other which leaves the 7 gods of fortune to Okita and Kondo. I understand the potential for a build up to Bisha vs Okita but realistically Okita should not be able to take on Bisha without Volund. I can't see Koujiro killing 2 gods, so while it's all hype I hope someone does stop it. Koujiro must be protected.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Agreed. Looking at the line up Bishamonten is the one Koujiro should take on, assuming he still has Volund. Loki and Buddha should be busy with each other which leaves the 7 gods of fortune to Okita and Kondo. I understand the potential for a build up to Bisha vs Okita but realistically Okita should not be able to take on Bisha without Volund. I can't see Koujiro killing 2 gods, so while it's all hype I hope someone does stop it. Koujiro must be protected.
I expect 2 or 3 of the lesser Gods to get slaughtered by Okita which will lead Bishamonten to have it out to kill Okita during the tournament for revenge

Based on what I’ve read Okita was one of the strongest swordsmen in Japan at a point

Apparently he died of Tuberculosis at the age of 25

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
For a figure that is more often than not portrayed to be very caring, knowledgable and meditative, I liked this contrast a lot.
Tfw he chose candy over heaven :lmao

In a way, it does make sense he indulge himself. Reaching nirvana requires one to cast out all desires. But now that he's ascended past the cycle of rebirth, he's free. Or does it not work that way :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I get the hesitancy towards Buddha's ties, but I actually hope Loki is right about this. We all are suspicious of Loki or Hermes because well their mythology and nature shown so far, the latter I still could see playing both sides. But, imo, it would be cool to see someone like Loki actually working with the Gods here. At the very least, I think his reaction to the human's victories are genuine and pisses him off that lower life forms did what they just did. And God knows, pun intended, they could use someone with his wit and cunning. At this point, Odin, the Allfather, could basically be swapped out with a half-dead animal and I don't think anybody would notice. The roster-making is also questionable at this juncture. While on the other side, the humans have Brunhilde carefully planning every move, used someone like Jack, who might not be done yet, and a lot more up her sleeve.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Buddha and Loki are becoming my new Favorites.

Still waiting for Jesus Christ and Allah to debut

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really not interested in the Raiden v. Shiva fight and it honestly feels like the author isn't either.
Also, let's appreciate the fact that even finally having the chance to fight, Shiva still was cockblocked (narratively speaking) by the gangfight of Buddha/Loki in his own battle
:lmao

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I got good news, guys, the thing of no chapter until September was false all along, we get chapter the 27th of July!

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain

And on top of that, @Shadowlord123 won't commit seppuku :D

I wonder who the guy next to Lu Bu is?
Lmao, about the seppuku thing I changed my mind a few days ago after hearing that Solo Leveling (a weekly manhwa that I really like) returns in August 1st, but yeah God knows what would have happened if none of the two things happened :XD

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wonder who the guy next to Lu Bu is?
He's Sun Jian, a warlord from the time of Lu Bu. Don't know much about him because he only appears in the spin-off of Lu Bu, and only a couple of chapters have being translated so far.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I got good news, guys, the thing of no chapter until September was false all along, we get chapter the 27th of July!

This is great. Hopefully we still get a split narrative because now that Raiden has had his flashback and power up, the arena fight should finally take off. They've barely done anything. But I also want to see what happens with Buddha and Loki, which is a bit more exciting than Shiva vs Raiden at the moment. I'm hoping Shiva is forced to get serious at least.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ch 34 will be double chapter and will have 73 pages YAY 👍👏😊
Please tell me this is not a lie.

From no chapter in three months to double chapter in one month. Sounds way too good to be true. God has probably listened that I was going to commit seppuku and changed his mind about Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, lmao.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please tell me this is not a lie.

From no chapter in three months to double chapter in one month. Sounds way too good to be true. God has probably listened that I was going to commit seppuku and changed his mind about Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, lmao.
It isn't. Reddit also confirms this.