He underestimated him yes early on, but became more serious as the fight progressed. He went for the kill shot with divine lightning and then at the climax he wasn't holding back, but Kojiro surpassed him at that point.
Hermes will not fight. His name doesn't appears on the list and we have too many Greek Gods. Apollo is confirmed to participate in Ragnarok, however.
Also:
I don't think Loki will be extremely powerful. I imagine him being a God version Jack, not physically strong, but compensates it with cunning and a powerful ability (illusions, probably).
Loki vs Jack might be a good match up. I think it is a waste that some Gods will not show their full power like Hermes and Aphrodite. If the story end before they show their full power that will be disappointing imo.
Hey what if Shiva has two personalities, one being his destruction personality and other being the creation personality.
Tbh while I'm 80℅ sure Shiva will win, but still the rest 20℅ says this is a different type of manga so Raiden has chances as well
Loki vs Jack might be a good match up. I think it is a waste that some Gods will not show their full power like Hermes and Aphrodite. If the story end before they show their full power that will be disappointing imo.
Well, not every single God can participate, and deities from other mythologies also have to fight, we can't have the Greeks doing everything. It's a pity, but things are like that.
Whoever wins, it'll be one hell of a fight, that's for sure. I can't see a oneshot or someone winning easily, especially with what we've seen thus far.
You know what? Fuck it, I'll vote for Raiden just to contradict pretty much everyone's perception I think it would be more interesting if he won with great difficulty, and the humans ending up with a lead against the Gods, only for them to lose the next matches just like @Gladiolus has previously said. Just imagine a Sumo Wrestler beating the God of Creation and Destruction, lmao.
I don't see a curbstomp or a oneshot happening in any of the battles. This is not a manga where the good guys confront minor villains that can be oneshot in two pages. All the fights count and are important, and the underdog tends to put a good battle despite having the odds against him, so even if the human is or looks like a pushover, I'm sure the battle will be long. Also, with the recent popularity of the manga, I heard that the authors were given more pages to work with, so the battles are going to last even longer (as seen with Jack vs Herc, that lasted 10 chapters; 11 if we count chapter 30 as the aftermath of the fight).
Tbh, since I think Raiden is going to put a good fight independently of the result, I don't see the image of Shiva improving to the fandom. I see this ending in three different ways for him:
1) Shiva wins, but gets wrecked in the process, maybe losing all of his limbs. The authors have a trend of giving cocky Gods a humiliation even if they win, and with Shiva being quite arrogant, I don't predict anything good for him.
2) Shiva loses and with that completes his ascent to memedom.
3) The God who is going to fight against Raiden is not Shiva, but Loki in disguise, cucking Shiva once again and still completing his ascent to memedom.
Nah, Adam had the strongest ability, but he wasn't the strongest - he quite literally died as he could not withstand Zeus' blows, nor could his eyes last long enough to win.
The part about his keeping fighting while dead sounds cool, but it's the biggest bullshit in the series so far. Not like it helped Adam win, anyway.
Zeus was on the verge of losing, & he was literally an immortal God
Base Zeus beat his father, Cronos who was literally the personification of time itself, Adam surpassed and over powered the same punch that oneshotted Cronos
Not to mention each punch from Zeus’s adamas form (the pinnacle of his power) was an automatic one shot, Adam was human and survived survival of those punches when he should’ve been erased from existence
Adam never even used the power of his Volund either
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Adam is literally the only human being able to fist fight with Zeus who’s the strongest God at base level then adding his Adamas form on top of that is fucking insane
Zeus had to use all his might to beat Adam, a human, even then he was seconds away from losing himself
Zeus was on the verge of losing, & he was literally an immortal God
Base Zeus beat his father, Cronos who was literally the personification of time itself, Adam surpassed and over powered the same punch that oneshotted Cronos
Not to mention each punch from Zeus’s adamas form (the pinnacle of his power) was an automatic one shot, Adam was human and survived survival of those punches when he should’ve been erased from existence
Adam never even used the power of his Volund either
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Adam is literally the only human being able to fist fight with Zeus who’s the strongest God at base level then adding his Adamas form on top of that is fucking insane
Zeus had to use all his might to beat Adam, a human, even then he was seconds away from losing himself
In his pantheon. Titles don't mean much in other mythologies. Aries is the embodiment of war and battle but they've turned him into a crying bitch so far lmao.
Wasn't it established that Adam was borderline god, so he could have killed Zeus without a Volund? Otherwise, he'd be stupid to enter a battle he never had a chance of winning.
That said, Zeus was also killable.
As for being the strongest god, if I were to take a shot for everytime I heard that said for a different god, then I'd have alcohol intoxication.
In his pantheon. Titles don't mean much in other mythologies. Aries is the embodiment of war and battle but they've turned him into a crying bitch so far lmao.
This Ares slander is 100% irking me, lol. Hating him for what he isn't, while not appreciating him for what he is. He's a BRO in the truest sense of the word.
Wasn't it established that Adam was borderline god, so he could have killed Zeus without a Volund? Otherwise, he'd be stupid to enter a battle he never had a chance of winning.
That said, Zeus was also killable.
As for being the strongest god, if I were to take a shot for everytime I heard that said for a different god, then I'd have alcohol intoxication.
Really? I figure Adam did far better than he should have for the sake of plot. Zeus was faster and stronger in Adamas, and one blow was supposed to be deadly, yet Adam somehow takes it, goes blow for blow, and almost beats Zeus.
I can't really take anything said about the characters seriously anymore, because it always ends up being empty hype that is nonsensical in the end.