Hangout - Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Hangout Thread | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Hangout Thread

Who will win the next fight ?

• Human: Raiden Tameemon

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • God: Shiva

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Both looked like they were fucking around in this chapter. I just hope this doesn't turn into another "I am a God but I only use physical strength" match.

- Zeus: God of the Sky and Lightning *doesn't use any single lightning-based ability on the entirely of the fight and instead pretty much only uses his punches*
- Poseidon: God of the Seas *doesn't use any single water-based attack besides the water manipulation on his introduction and only swings his trident at his opponent*
- Shiva: God of Destruction and Creation *only uses physical strength and takes advantage of his multiple arms as of now*

Can't say anything about Heracles because that's kinda the point, but to think he showed more versatility than Poseidon is quite impressive, haha. Just hoping this won't be the case. I love this series, but hopefully, the author can be a little bit more creative with the arsenal of the Gods. This fight has a lot of potential.

So far so good. Btw, Raiden is so muscular that it seemingly looks like he has abs on his back in page 10, lmao.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The most shocking parts of the chapters are
that Shiva has three hot wives and that Buddha looks like a goddamn hipster.

Raiden is dominating the fight, but we know what happened with those fighters who started dominating the battles, so...

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The most shocking parts of the chapters are
that Shiva has three hot wives and that Buddha looks like a goddamn hipster.

Raiden is dominating the fight, but we know what happened with those fighters who started dominating the battles, so...
I think Raiden’s volund is his whole body & was the guys who was talking to Loki Buddha ?

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think Raiden’s volund is his whole body & was the guys who was talking to Loki Buddha ?
I think the Volund of Raiden are the tattoos around his body, since he didn't had them when Brun and Geir called him to fight in the previous chapter.
And, yes, apparently, the guy who is talking with Loki is
Buddha himself.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait, the guy who was talking to Loki is actually Buddha? Are we sure about that? If that's the case, his design kinda took me by surprise. I thought this was Beelzebub judging by the fangs and the clothes he had that gave him looks closer to a demon than anything else.

Actually, nevermind, I checked with Google Translate and it's definitely Buddha. Wow...

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait, the guy who was talking to Loki is actually Buddha? Are we sure about that? If that's the case, his design kinda took me by surprise. I thought this was Beelzebub judging by the fangs and the clothes he had that gave him looks closer to a demon than anything else.

Actually, nevermind, I checked with Google Translate and it's definitely Buddha. Wow...
I mean, the ears are a giveaway of his identity, though I agree the fangs look weird.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The human guy pulled out an ah gou from feng shen ji while hitting shiva

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
- Zeus: God of the Sky and Lightning *doesn't use any single lightning-based ability on the entirely of the fight and instead pretty much only uses his punches*
- Poseidon: God of the Seas *doesn't use any single water-based attack besides the water manipulation on his introduction and only swings his trident at his opponent*
- Shiva: God of Destruction and Creation *only uses physical strength and takes advantage of his multiple arms as of now*
Literally this? My biggest complaint of the series so far is how some fights are just down to physical brawls and nothing more.

Hercules VS Jack was a good balanced fight, both used their innate powers and physical strength.

Poseidon? Let me get this human wet before he fodderizes me, even though I could just drown him tbh

Zeus? Adam bby cum here daddy wants to slap that ass instead of roasting it medium rare.

bRuh

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Literally this? My biggest complaint of the series so far is how some fights are just down to physical brawls and nothing more.

Hercules VS Jack was a good balanced fight, both used their innate powers and physical strength.

Poseidon? Let me get this human wet before he fodderizes me, even though I could just drown him tbh

Zeus? Adam bby cum here daddy wants to slap that ass instead of roasting it medium rare.

bRuh
I think that has to do with the Gods just being completely arrogant

Zeus refused to use his Divine weapon because he thought he could beat Adam with one attack

Poseidon didn’t bother looking Sasaki in the eye the first half of their fight either

Even Shiva said last chapter he was so excited about fighting Raidan if he doesn’t “ relax “ he’ll obliterate him

The gods are all narcissistic and ego maniacs

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I think that has to do with the Gods just being completely arrogant

Zeus refused to use his Divine weapon because he thought he could beat Adam with one attack

Poseidon didn’t bother looking Sasaki in the eye the first half of their fight either

Even Shiva said last chapter he was so excited about fighting Raidan if he doesn’t “ relax “ he’ll obliterate him

The gods are all narcissistic and ego maniacs
I'm probably even more pissed, because by Greek mythology, Poseidon is my favourite God by far. Especially due to water-manipulation being something I have a bias for.

Now that Poseidon is dead, I probably won't see any of that awesome water-manipulation power that I wanted to see. Even if he lost, if the author had showed us some of his abilities.. maybe I wouldn't be so mad lmfao

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Full chapter is on Mangadex.

Fun read, but the usual slow build up/back and forth.

This is the first time we've seen the crowd like both fighters from the onset. It's really got me thinking that this will be the first tie. The one panel with the artist drawing the both of them definitely makes me think that the two's final blows will be immortalized by that his drawing.

I'm also becoming more convinced that Loki is betraying the gods. That confrontation between he and Buddha is very suspicious. Why would Buddha ask him that when he should be aware that he's on the list and he'll eventually get a fight? A God, specifically known for reaching enlightenment, must have realized something.

Also, Kali the new best girl.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hermes is definitely up to something. Someone speculated that a god is helping Brunhilde. Maybe it's him.

I can't call this fight right now. Shiva isn't taking it as seriously as Raiden. I think Raiden will get the upperhand and force Shiva to get serious. Then we'll have the real battle.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
So this was just the greeting lol by feet i need to try it like next time someone is gonna give me his hands as a greeting i will kick him like raiden did to shiva like :D

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The author literally threw away two double pages just for that dropkick. Can't say I'm disappointed though. The whole thing felt pretty satisfactory :XD

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm probably even more pissed, because by Greek mythology, Poseidon is my favourite God by far. Especially due to water-manipulation being something I have a bias for.

Now that Poseidon is dead, I probably won't see any of that awesome water-manipulation power that I wanted to see. Even if he lost, if the author had showed us some of his abilities.. maybe I wouldn't be so mad lmfao
Poseidon is my fav god too but all biases aside in the beginning the Gods didn’t even acknowledge the humans as threads

Brun had to play with their egos & call them chickens in order to even get the Gods to participate in the tournament

Them being completely arrogant to the point where they underestimate the humans is the most realistic in of storytelling

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Full chapter is on Mangadex.

Fun read, but the usual slow build up/back and forth.

This is the first time we've seen the crowd like both fighters from the onset. It's really got me thinking that this will be the first tie. The one panel with the artist drawing the both of them definitely makes me think that the two's final blows will be immortalized by that his drawing.

I'm also becoming more convinced that Loki is betraying the gods. That confrontation between he and Buddha is very suspicious. Why would Buddha ask him that when he should be aware that he's on the list and he'll eventually get a fight? A God, specifically known for reaching enlightenment, must have realized something.

Also, Kali the new best girl.
Loki is very deceitful, there was a theory that he was or will disguise himself as one of the participants

Some people speculated he’s Shiva in disguise
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’m pretty sure Zeus’ divine weapon is his Thunderbolt

We didn’t see him use it in his match because he thought he could beat Adam effortlessly

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like we got our answer to why all these matches come down to physicals. Ragnarok is about mixed martial arts between the gods and mankind.

So we're most likely just gonna see Shiva do some combos with his four arms and Raiden do famous sumo techniques. I'm leaning Shiva to take this, Raiden was serious in his attacks and didn't amount to much. While Shiva seems to be loosening up his joints.

Also seeing Shiva's wives, I got some Tengen vibes from him :XD .

Buddha was definitely not what I expected, lol. I guess he reached enlightenment and was not about that life anymore.

And as others have mentioned Loki and Hermes remain suspicious. The comment from Buddha gave me pause as he's already on the list. And Hermes had those panels dedicated to him as he posed on the rubble. Also, his comment, "do you think the gods will struggle" to Ares might mean something. Why not "do you think we will struggle"? Seems like he's distancing himself from them.

Last edited:

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shiva mentiobed something about a dance this chapter, in the mythology doesn’t he performed a dance that can destroy the universe ?