Hangout - Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Hangout Thread | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Hangout Thread

Who will win the next fight ?

• Human: Raiden Tameemon

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • God: Shiva

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Interesting chapter. I thought Buddha is from China. But from the chapter Buddha is from India. I really think that Zeus would play a major role in the future even tough his fight is over.

Raiden is better at close combat since he knows a lot of techniques but Shiva with extra limbs might give him the advantage here over Raiden.

I am also wondering if Shiva's eye on his forehead is just for decoration or has some hidden powers.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
And as others have mentioned Loki and Hermes remain suspicious. The comment from Buddha gave me pause as he's already on the list. And Hermes had those panels dedicated to him as he posed on the rubble. Also, his comment, "do you think the gods will struggle" to Ares might mean something. Why not "do you think we will struggle"? Seems like he's distancing himself from them.
Notice his response when Ares said the gods wouldn't struggle? "How bold". He seemed amused by his brother's arrogance. He has the air of a manipulator. If nothing else he doesn't seem as overconfident as his fellow gods.

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Notice his response when Ares said the gods wouldn't struggle? "How bold". He seemed amused by his brother's arrogance. He has the air of a manipulator. If nothing else he doesn't seem as overconfident as his fellow gods.
It makes sense both loki and hermes have similarities like most people know hermes was just the messager god but few know hermes real talents.
He stole apollo sacred herb of cows as well as othe things like zeus scepter also they said he was thinking to stole zeus thunder but never did because he was afraid of zeus reaction (well prometheus knows a thing or two about stealing values things from zeus lol)

He also made the very first musical instrument which shows skill and intelligent he was the one who guided peoples dead souls to underworld until harons ferry boat he made the trade so he was the protector of both thieves and bussinessmen he also was the one who taught humanity letters and sciense.
So he is not just a speeder lol i am looking at you flash :D His most famous descendant was odysseus great son of aytolukos which autolykos also known as the king of thieves was said that he was hermes son something like demigod almost like hercules well i still think hercules was more of a demi god than a simple demi-god because zeus was his father but his mom bloodline traces back to zeus as well so the he was like a special demi-god.

Loki is also reminding a bit of hermes he is certainly devious and a trickster so there are similarities between these 2

Last edited:

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It is noteworthy to notice that Raiden tried to finish the fight as soon as possible, and his attacks were directed with the intention to kill Shiva. The reasons why he did that were not revealed, but I thought it was an interesting detail. About Shiva, I'm really liking him. He is arrogant, but at least he's not using his 100% because he's enjoying the battle and wants to give expectacle to the viewers, unlike Poseidon, who didn't got serious until the end because he was a smug bastard who understimated his opponent.

Anyway, though I like Raiden, after reading this chapter I think he's going to lose. It's true he dominated the fight this chapter and he hasn't revealed his Volund, but his techniques didn't do any considerable damage to Shiva and his opponent still hasn't shown his true abilities, so things are not looking good for him from my point of view.

Seeing Shiva's three wives (who have a pretty nice design) and his son Ganesha was a nice detail. I think this is the first time that the direct family of a God (not counting Hermes/Ares) has appeared cheering for him. I don't know if those who are reading the manga here know about Kali (the third wife), but in the myths she's incredibly vicious and destructive, so much Shiva had to stop her from destroying the universe by letting himself be stomped by her. Here they presented here as submissive and quiet, so I'm expecting her to snap and go batshit at any point of the fight, Hrist style.

Again, hipster Buddha is not something I expected. I found the design (especially the fangs) weird, but it has grown on me after re-reading the chapter more and more. I just hope he changes his wardrobe once his battle starts. His dialogue with Loki interest me, but since all the versions I read translate it of different ways, I will wait to read the version of Inept Bastards to get it clearer.
This manga is unexpected regarding designs, after buff Raiden now comes influencer Buddha. Cannot wait for bishie Rasputin and non-furry Anubis.

Also, can we all agree Frog-boi is the hero we need?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Notice his response when Ares said the gods wouldn't struggle? "How bold". He seemed amused by his brother's arrogance. He has the air of a manipulator.
Yep agreed. He acts/feels more as an outsider/third party in this even though he's a god and part of the family. I feel he's playing both sides like a fiddle and will side with winning side. A grass is always greener on the other side type.

He was involved with that Adamas/Zeus power struggle. When Adam knocked Zeus down, Hermes saw it while Ares couldn't and Hermes definitely made up an explanation. Then this chapter, he was facing opposite direction from Zeus and Loki. Loki is shady in his own way, but I feel he definitely wouldn't side with the humans.

If nothing else he doesn't seem as overconfident as his fellow gods.
This is also possible, and was actually my first impression of him actually. Only because the other gods know that's his nature.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Am I the only person not a fan of Hot Topic Buddha?

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Buddha is one of the 10 avatars of Vishnu, so that's why he's from Indian pantheon

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just read the latest chapter and so far it's decent. As someone else mentioned, these fights are starting to be purely physical and not enough magic is being used. Biggest plus are Shiva's wives. Lucky bastard!!

How do we know that's Buddha talking to Ares again?

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Shiva's son is an elephant. Who did he marry lol

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shiva's son is an elephant. Who did he marry lol
Ganesha was born with a human shape, but Shiva beheaded him (why he did that varies depending of the version) without knowing he was his son. Then Parvati, Shiva's wife and Ganesha's mom, told him the truth, so Shiva had to replace his head with the one of an elephant. Weird stuff, I know.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@JK Network If you haven't checked out this series, I'd highly recommend you go for it, it's 100% worth it.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What series?
Record of Ragnarok (Shuutmatsu no Valkyrie). It's monthly with a current number of 32 chapters. Chapters come out every 25th of every month.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No chapter this month right?

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
There should be chapter this month too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have two news; one bad and one good. The good one is that is confirmed we will going to have a chapter this month:

The bad is that we are not getting chapters during July and August due holidays, next issue is in September

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Also, apparently, this new chapter wil cover Raiden's past, which is weird, since so far, the Gods were the one who had their past shown first

This will make this fight the one to break the rule.

Last edited: