Signature & Avatar Guidelines | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Signature & Avatar Guidelines

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mangahelpers is now putting into effect a signature size rule.

For Signatures
  • Max overall image size is 600x200
    (600x200 is the size for a single image or for all combined images in your signature)
  • Max overall signature height is 220px for all elements together.
    All elements refer to text, smilies, and pictures etc.
  • 500 characters maximum for use in signature.
  • 5 images maximum in signature.
  • 5 smilies maximum in signature.
  • 500KB filesize max
  • No images that are too sexually suggestive, or graphic in nature
  • Nothing obscene or anything that can be considered as insulting/bashing to other members.
  • No spoiler pictures for at least 24 hours after the new chapter is released.
  • No money-making links allowed in sigs or avatars.
  • Spoiler Tags - Only 1 spoilertag is allowed in your signature, and only text is allowed in the spoilertags.

(Max Width: 600px | Max Height: 200px)

For Avatars
  • Max size is 150x300
  • Max file size is 100KB
  • No images that are too sexually suggestive, or graphic in nature
  • Nothing obscene or anything that can be considered as insulting/bashing to other members.
  • No spoiler pictures for at least 1 day after the new chapter is released.

What will happen if you break the Rule?
  • You will receive a PM from one of the moderators asking you to please modify your signature according to the rules, we'll give you three days to change it. If you don't, by the end of that three-day period, we will remove your signature.
  • The exception to the above rule is spoiler pictures, unreasonably large signatures, obscene images and/or comments. If any of those are present, we will remove your avatar/signature first and send you a notice as to why it was deleted.

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Signature Sizes

Just a note here:

Here's how we'll be enforcing the rule here. If you get a PM from one of the moderators asking you to please modify your signature according to the rules set by this thread, we'll give you three days to change it. If you don't, by the end of that three-day period, we will wipe out your signature ourselves.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Gold Knight said:
we will wipe out your signature ourselves.
In a kind and gentle manner ..... :)

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
Reaction score
Country
United States

.... i wanna be an ass about it :XD

fine ill just replace their sigs with the blue image in the first post >.>

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

wait your telling me that my sig image is just to wide....that's kind of bull because my sig is 400 by 320 yeah I can understand that it's almost double the limit of height but beside that I don't have like all "the Kakashi Fan Club" thing icon and 3 links or Quotes just my simple image and one line of text under it but really which is just like having all that but since it is this or problay get booted I'll size it down

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
Reaction score
Country
United States

Never said anything about your signature being to wide, it was never to wide, it was the height rule that it broke (170px), i guess you got the numbers confused in my PM, even tho you replaced your signature it still breaks the height rule, please fix it.

RaZe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

ehh. suggestion: have a tracking thread in your team section where the moderator puts the name and link to the offending user's profile and Sig. That way your administrators and global moderators dont have to be barraged by pm's all the time, when the three day limit passes with no change.

I personally found it easier then having my mods report minor things like sigs via email/pm or irc.

guess ill have to drop one of my two images though *heads to user cp*

Nagash

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

just replace the image with the red x image windows gives for missing image ;) then ppl will think their signature is borked and have to change it ;)

also FYI, there is a signature limit addon for vB which i have found very useful for my forum, assuming this is a vB forum, which i think it is. When ppl attempt to change their signature, they have to change it according to the rules and permissions you set, which can be group based also. This way when a moderator is forced to remove someone signature, or someone is told to change their sig, any future signatures can't break the rules.

It doesn't restrict existing signatures in the database, but it'll make less work for moderators in the long run.

This can be found at vbulletin.org though if your admin has trouble finding it, just PM me and i'll sort you out ;)

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Nagash said:
just replace the image with the red x image windows gives for missing image ;) then ppl will think their signature is borked and have to change it ;)

also FYI, there is a signature limit addon for vB which i have found very useful for my forum, assuming this is a vB forum, which i think it is. When ppl attempt to change their signature, they have to change it according to the rules and permissions you set, which can be group based also. This way when a moderator is forced to remove someone signature, or someone is told to change their sig, any future signatures can't break the rules.

It doesn't restrict existing signatures in the database, but it'll make less work for moderators in the long run.

This can be found at vbulletin.org though if your admin has trouble finding it, just PM me and i'll sort you out ;)
haha sadly...(?) this is a smf forum :p. I prefer it a lot more over VB because of how well the search engine works. (amongst other things :p)

Thanks for the suggestion though :ossu

Geckos

Reaction score

can you please make it 550x200? my sig falls in to that place. :(

the good thing is my sig size is only 75KB! so it is not a problem even for dial up users.

I'm just asking btw. Its ok if u don't want. I'll just change it.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Ah, crap. My sig is too wide by 300~ pix. Oh well ~

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

My old sig met your new regulations but I lol'd when i saw the pic you were thinking of punishing people with so I'm keeping it for now.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks to everybody who's willingly changing their sigs. We do appreciate it.

Nothing

Reaction score
Re: Signature Guidelines

Is this good? I made all my images myself so it might not work[again]. Hey first post!

Ah @#$% it. If you wanna see my sig. then just click on it alright!!?? Ill work on it in a few days when im less stressed out from working on this @#$%ing image for 2 hours straight. GRRRRRRRRR..... I just cant get it to resize correctly for some reason. HMPHHH.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Nothing said:
I just cant get it to resize correctly for some reason. HMPHHH.
Why don't you just cut out the NOTHING to use as a sig? That should give you a size within the rules.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States

It's 570 x 165. It's very much within the limit and I think that it still looks neat. You can use that. ;)

a03

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

HAHA I just got in trouble for having a half-****** sig..... sorry if i gave any trouble to the mods, but I hope this one works ^^

Nothing

Reaction score

Ok Thanks a bunch eileen ive been having trouble w my pics recently this helps a lot :smile-big

IgnorantSage

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Is my avatar too large?

I think I set it with 125 height but it looks okay (it's not obstructing anything) if you ask me. But that would be your decision and not mine.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
It says there: 91px to 100 px

It may have been resized through a mod we installed here. As for now, yours is fine :amuse