Cleaning - Simple Cleaning Tutorial for Zarosaki [Nytrogyn] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cleaning Simple Cleaning Tutorial for Zarosaki [Nytrogyn]

nytrogyn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is the basic way to clean manga for coloring

(please dont bash this page, the bandwidth is limited.. "backup" is for when imageshack goes down only")

First, open a "shannaro" scan (shannaro's lines are better)
backup

Next, select the "magic wand tool" on the left panel.
Hover over the area you want to select, and click.

backup

Now, go to Select > Modify > Contract (this will contract the selected area by "x" pixels)

backup

This screen should appear.  Depending on how thick you want it, insert a number of pixels you want to contract it by.
(1 for thin, detailed lines) (2 for regualar use)

backup

The selected area should have contracted a bit, now you can delete.

backup

After deleting:
(Notice how there is a black border left.. this is for us, Zarosaki, to color  :amuse)

backup

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hey that's pretty cool! I've never done anything like that and was wondering how you would delete black without deleting the whole thing. Nice :D. I'm sure people will be able to help you out now consdering it's quite easy to do :o.

akasuna no imax

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
a tips is to set a shortcut on this action (i repeat it 300 by day, so if i done this each time :p)

1. open a pic (or new pic), it's just to select something (it could be empty, it's not a problem)
here i'll take a beautiful ninja face :

select a zone like this

2. goto the Action panel (if you don't got it on the screen : Windows > Action)

and click on New Action

give it a name and a function keys (the keys you gonna use like shortcut)

3. make the contract action (like this)

click on contract and accept the number of pic you wanna contract (don't made pic, take a look on nytrogyn screen)
(warning : the shortcut 'll always done the same pix contract, so if you want a contract of 1px and one of 2px, you have to make 2 shortcut)

4. now, the contract should been execute, just click on the stop playing/recording button (left of record button)

And it's good, you got your shortcut, who's very usefull when you make 300contract by day ^^
just use the functions keys (ctrl+F2 here) when you wanna contract your selection :)

KOLE

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I have question: what's the easiest way to clean pictures with motion traces on characters (for example ch276/p7)?

eaballer10

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
KOLE said:
I have question: what's the easiest way to clean pictures with motion traces on characters (for example ch276/p7)?
Well, today's the last day of my homework spree, but you need to use the brush tool to color OVER all the action lines (use black color to do this). This makes it seem as if there never were action lines, allowing you to easily contract and remove the section.. :amuse

KOLE

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
It was problem because of lines on cloths, but I found solution: to color them in red and at the end turn them back to black :)

eaballer10

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah... that could work :D

nytrogyn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
KOLE said:
the most simple solution is to select the "polygolnal lasso tool" and manually select the area to delete. motion lines are a hassle..