Discussion - Smoker Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Smoker Discussion

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Smokers' powers in comparison to the admirals

I imagine he could choke you until you are unconscious. :)

beastboy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
he can makes you breath the smoke and you know, smoking kills hahah

But I think smoker and coky in the end will be the heroes of the NEW MARINE (with out the WG)
Maybe smoker will be an admiral and cobby THE fleet admiral in the end.

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, I have a side-bet that Smoker will take an admiral ranking from the first defeated admiral in the future. That said, he might just vice-admiral and be Garp v 2.0

Oblivion

Reaction score
Country
Germany
thats actually a nice guess beastboy.

smoker represents the real justice type of marine like Aokiji and unlike Aikainu the red dog.

but i think we will actually see luffy fight smoker and tashigi fight zorro. Oda has developed his character too much and shown him too often to not have a grande fight between the two.

ofir271

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
i guess he is almost like an admiral but not there
i do think that together with bb and the futue kobi he will become luffy nemasis.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
We do not if he is almost like an admiral.
He cannot have beaten Ace whereas BB could have but BB is not at an Admiral level.
Nevertheless, the fact that Ace has been able to beat Ace at the end of the fight is linked to the fact the darkness absorbed the fire attack of Ace and he has been himself absorbed in the darkness.
But I think that an Admiral would have been able to beat another logia user. So, Ace and Smoker not able to injure one and the other show us that they have not reached the level of the elite among the elite. For example, Rayleigh has been able to injure Kizaru which is a logia without using a natural weakness from what we have seen.
I think Smoker is not at all at this level for the moment even if he has the advantage of the
logia fruit.
Moreover, Smoker has not shown us deathly attacks whereas Ao Kiji and Kizaru did with their logia powers.

Roarchu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
i do think that together with bb and the futue kobi he will become luffy nemasis.
I don't think this prediction is bad, but I put it in spoiler cuz mby some ppl wont like it

I think the SH will solve what happened in the void century or whatever, kick the tenyryubito out of power, and make the WG not corrupt or something like that.

By then Luffy will be King and the whole world will know what he did, and he will get global recognition much more than the shichibukai and him and Coby won't have to fight anymore

Oh yeah, and Coby and Smoker admirals!

dtyk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Future Luffy vs Smoker fights?

Luffy has been running away from smoker ever since he realised logia intangibilities.

So, by any chance, do you ever think that Luffy could even the playing field against Smoker (haki?) or trying to find the "weakness" of smoke?

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Future Luffy vs Smoker fights?

There will definitely meetings in the future (NW) if not even before in the current events. Im expecting Smoker to be a lot stronger than before, not like he displayed the full extent of his powers so far. But his newly gained scar tells me that he had some hard fights/training, thus he must be stronger. Same would go for Luffy, as we know he is stronger than his last meeting with him.

But even if Luffy has control over haki, Im seeing him still running. Can't rly explain why I do, it's just the atmosphere around them. Nevertheless, can't wait to see him. I always liked the Luffy vs Smoker encounters.

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Smoker (like Blackbeard) is another one of Luffy's rivals, so of course there will be more Smoker vs. Luffy battles to come. Luffy will be sure to have an extremely difficult time against Smoker, not only because of the smoke intangibility but also because of Smoker's seastone sword (which is carries on his back most of the time). Any ideas on what the weakness of Smoker's fruit is?

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Any ideas on what the weakness of Smoker's fruit is?
Beside BB I can't come up with a weakness.

Also Smoker's and Luffy's relationship is or will be probably just like Garp'S and Roger's. He can't be a rival, since his aim is not to be a PK. Luffy already has plenty of rivals (BB, SN).

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well Smoke dissipates and loses it's consistency with a breeze, but if we're talking hot smoke the cold would probably also get rid of it.

Wind seems the most likely weakness, but I imagine Haki will be the factor in their fight.

And yeah, Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger, or at least that's my bet. Some bet that Coby will be Luffy's "Garp", but Luffy has never been chased by Coby, so it doesn't really work.

ofir271

Reaction score
Country
Israel
well smoke is not that strong really its not solid or heart you in any way unless you breath lots of it.i guess if luffy is strong enough the smoke just wont hold him in place.

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Smoke dissipates and loses it's consistency with a breeze, but if we're talking hot smoke the cold would probably also get rid of it.

Wind seems the most likely weakness, but I imagine Haki will be the factor in their fight.

And yeah, Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger, or at least that's my bet. Some bet that Coby will be Luffy's "Garp", but Luffy has never been chased by Coby, so it doesn't really work.
I can't really see the bolded because it would basicly screw up Smoker big time. I mean he can't exactly lose his fighting ability every time it gets windy.

Actually in Loguetown their was a storm when the SH's were leaving. Since a storm usually includes wind does anyone have a pic of Smoker using his DF while it was storming? That could either lend proof to the theory or disprove it.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
He didn't use it while it was storming. I would agree that wind would fuck him up, but he's probably trained enough not to let anything but the strongest winds bother him.

Also, it's interesting that he didn't try to fight Dragon with the smoke while the wind was the strongest.

Darek Khort

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't think wind is the opposite of smoke. Wind would be sort of like fire. In the fight with ace, none of them ever got the upper hand.

The same applies for wind. If someone had a wind df, they could possibly surround smoker and not allow him to escape a certain place; but it would never actually kill him unless the wind user could use his/her wind to entrap smoker, and continually squeeze the area smoker can move around.....and only if someone it could get to a point where the smoke becomes so compacted that it turns into something else....and somehow...kill smoker?

Smoker has a really powerful df, because there really isn't an 'opposite' to smoke. Either extreme compaction or extreme dispersion I would assume would 'defeat' Smoker. Perhaps Smoker has a 'range' that all his smoke has to stay within each other so they can't be spread out alot or something freaky happens.

Unless that is the case....his only weakness is....the sea and seastone. :<

Benjamin Kaito

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well, smoke can be freeze since it consists in small solid particles.

dtyk

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well, smoke can be freeze since it consists in small solid particles.
Interesting idea you have there. If that's the case, there will be many more factors Smoker will be susceptible to, though I can't think of any at the moment. =/

Like.....devil fruit of electron gun, lol, separate the particles, and there goes Smoker!

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I agree really interesting, haven't thought about it. AoKiji could freeze Smoker with his breath, but touching is probably not possible.

tothx

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Luffy VS Smoker this Arc

Suddenly struck me that this is a very likely fight now that he has developed his Haki to a level where he should be able to punch a logia user and hurt him. Smoker is the main "unbeatable enemy" this far, someone that Luffy since the start has been completely unable to hurt.

I dont think we'll see any kind of conclusive fight (that wouldnt make sense, I think smoker and luffy is a relationship similar to garp and roger's and will be running till the end), but im pretty damn sure we will at least have a small run in between the two.