Special MH B-day Header Contest 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
MH Birthday Header Contest​

Rules
* Contest Period
The contest will run from September 20th to October 30th. Voting will take place from October 31th to November 7th.
* The top three submission will be shown over a three week period starting on November 15th.
* Size
1000px wide and 70 to 100px in height. The width size (1000px) is locked and thus can't be less or more.
* "Mangahelpers Community" logo must be in it, unmodified
(please use this PSD file.)
* Don't add the MH logo or any detailed part of your design on the right end part 230px as the search box will cover that area.
* If you're using someone else's images as stocks, as usual, please do ask for permission first.
* You can submit up to three entries, as long as you follow the rules above.
* Site Admin have the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate for MH.
* Any entry which doesn't meet the rules above, will automatically be rejected.


How to submit:
Please submit your work into the special gallery category [here] as well as post a thumbnail in this thread.
Please do mention the credits in the description (if applicable).

If you have any questions about this contest, you can ask them in this thread.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
The contest is now open! Now go on, use your artistic awesomeness and make us some sexy banners for our 6th Birthday!
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Oh my god ... last year's contest feels like it was yesterday... Time surely flies by.
I am going to try my best this year as well. Good luck Everyone!
 
  • Like
Reactions: c_k

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Bump! We need some entries guys!
 

animefinder

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
oh, until the bday eh? nice notice. this will be my first contest from MH =o
 

Viviane

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
I've uploaded a banner for the contest too. Unfortunatey, it has been uploaded twice and I can't delete one of them.

Rikudou King, would you mind to delete one of the double banners (the one with no description), please?



I hope the right part of the banner is okay for the searching box (I've shaded this part of the image).

[c]deleted the duplicate[/c]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Darkrandom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i dont know how to make a banner :3.
Can anyone give this stupid samaritan a hand with a fue tips.

thanks.
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't worry about the preview image as that is usually shown as jpg in the thumbnail, I believe. The original file in the gallery is still the png.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

@Sasoir - your mh logo might be cut off by the search box. See the rule in the quote below. If you can please add that to the middle or left side.

* Don't add the MH logo or any detailed part of your design on the right end part 230px as the search box will cover that area.
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't know how to make graphics but I am a professional stalker of graphic artists, fan artists and colorists. If anyone has ever been in IchigoWife's photobucket they know I am not lying when I say I have the best renders on the internet. I love Bleach the most but I do have Naruto a few One Piece and Naruto, Darker Than Black. Nurarihyon No Mago,Until Death Do Us Part, and even some Random Bishie and Shojo renders... If anyone wants to use just contact me here, or on Deviant Art http://bleachod.deviantart.com/

Edit: I also have great Ao No Exorcist renders Rin, Shura, and a few with Yukio too
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey everyone, please don't forget to add a birthday related text or content to the submissions. The special banner is for MH B-day.

If anyone wants to tweak their already made submission with a birthday text or content, please do so and resubmit them.


Having said that, the entries so far look really awesome, great job to everyone who sent one in so far. Keep it coming guys!
 

Viviane

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
@ Sasori:

Thanks so much for your nice words!!! ~^_____^~
Tu be true, I think, your Geisha banner looks much better than mine! ^^;;
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
@Charlie, thx for deleting double image!
Wasn't max wide 1000px? That's why I created the banner at 770px, to leave 230px to search box (total 1000px)... I will fix asap, gomenasai :sweatdrop

@Viviane, that's what I really think, your banner is great :super
Thank you very much for your compliments ;)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Charlie, thx for deleting double image!
Wasn't max wide 1000px? That's why I created the banner at 770px, to leave 230px to search box (total 1000px)... I will fix asap, gomenasai :sweatdrop
I didn't check your banner length only noticed the logo was at the edge. ^^;

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

On a side note, if you're going to re upload - please add something about the mh birthday in a text, etc.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Nidaime:

I'm in love with this one ^^

Nice entries everyone. I really like the Geisha entry, it stands out :)
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Guys, the banners kind of have to be 1000px wide. Remember that this is the Site Banner, and the current one is 1000px which goes along with the width of the forum layout. A banner with less width than 1000px will thus not fit perfectly with the overall forum layout, that's why the requirements for width was set on 1000px while the height which is not so important has room for variety. I really love all the submissions that are handed in so far btw, they are all highly awesome, but it would be great if you could increase the banner's width to 1000px.

Edit: Seems like I was fooled by the thumbnail bb code, so the above paragraph doesn't really apply to anyone, lol.

@Charlie, thx for deleting double image!
Wasn't max wide 1000px? That's why I created the banner at 770px, to leave 230px to search box (total 1000px)... I will fix asap, gomenasai :sweatdrop
It seems to be a confusion about that. Like Charlie said in his post, it's just a head ups that major details shouldn't be too far to the right in the banner, as the search box will be in the way then.
 
Last edited:

elitefox

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,857
Reaction score
679
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Can we post multiple entries?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top