Feedback Spoiler Thread Discussion

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, I guess that's a good idea....

Alright:)
 

Cueil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
142
Reaction score
38
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

if there was a thread with confirmed spoilers which was only allowed to be edited by mods, I would only look for that thread.
I'll have to call BS on that. I do think it's a good idea to make a Confirmed Spoiler thread that only mods can post in, but I seriously doubt that you wouldn't take a peak in the unconfirmed thread for possible spoilers. Go back to the old format and take the new format and put it in a mod only thread and that takes care of poeple on both sides of the table.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

the only issue here is having another stickied thread. It'll be the same editing, maybe even less than if it were just one thread.
I wasn't thinking of this one as a stickied thread, hehe. For the editing, it's nothing different of what we are used to do everyday. :p


About the discussions, like Agrias said, we have two situations:

1 - To discuss the contents of the two spoiler threads in just one thread. While this option seems to be simple one, we'd mix the content of two threads, and there are some people which doesn't like to discuss fakes, and wait for the confirmed spoilers

2 - One thread for each section. Things would get more organized, but some posts would be redundanct, as they would be discussed twice.


This is just a simple example. Both of the options have their prós and cons, but I think you got the idea :)
There's also a 3rd option, we can open the discussion thread when the 1st fake pops up. As soon as the confirmed spoilers appear at the "official thread", we would nuke all the previous discussion posts and give the thread a fresh re-start. Pleases all tastes, I guess.
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

I wasn't thinking of this one as a stickied thread, hehe. For the editing, it's nothing different of what we are used to do everyday. :p
this one? I was talking about having a separate international spoiler thread...
 

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

I'll have to call BS on that. I do think it's a good idea to make a Confirmed Spoiler thread that only mods can post in, but I seriously doubt that you wouldn't take a peak in the unconfirmed thread for possible spoilers. Go back to the old format and take the new format and put it in a mod only thread and that takes care of poeple on both sides of the table.
The two thread option would make it easier for us who sign up for email alerts and still satisfy the needs for immediate spoiler gratification for those who wish to peruse the thread, and proper respect paid for those who collect the spoilers in the first place.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

But then...what to do with the spoilers discussion thread? Does anyone here want to discuss fakes until the "official" thread opens? I think it's a waste of time, but I want to hear you.
Just open the discussion thread with the first 'reasonable' spoiler submission as always. It can take a day or more to confirm a spoiler and to keep the discussion closed till then would cause spoiler spam in the non-spoiler discussion threads. The submission thread would contain all kinds of spoiler, not just fakes.

I like this idea much as well. But in case we adopt it there are some things we need to make clear:

Submission thread
Open for everyone to post. No complaining about anything anymore like int trans, (reasonable) fakes and such. They're are allowed to post there. Only spam, double stuff and obvious fanfics will be deleted. The thread will bring spoiler news faster due to it's open nature but when people subscribe to it, they accept the fakes and int trans.

Official thread
Moderated thread. Only mods are allowed to post there. People get the news slower because we're not able to monitor the submission thread frequently but in exchange they only get confirmed spoilers in a clean and organized matter. We link back to the submission post, so people can go and thank the contributor.

Discussion thread
Same as always.

That should work for everyone and not cause to much extra work load. At least not more than our Naruto mods have at the moment. But members need to accept that it's either 'fast and spammy' or 'slow and safe'. Which thread they want to subscribe to, is up to them.

To be honest, the idea is superb. It's the best compromise for all parties I've seen so far.
 
Last edited:

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

I wasn't thinking of this one as a stickied thread, hehe. For the editing, it's nothing different of what we are used to do everyday. :p
<hr noshade size="1">


There's also a 3rd option, we can open the discussion thread when the 1st fake pops up. As soon as the confirmed spoilers appear at the "official thread", we would nuke all the previous discussion posts and give the thread a fresh re-start. Pleases all tastes, I guess.
Knowing entire discussions will be nuked may not promote discussion because all types of conversations will just disappear and records of comments/interesting debates.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
this one? I was talking about having a separate international spoiler thread...
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But no, in my opinion it's really more work (portuguese translation 4 links to translation 1 on post 5 of the original thread and so on - normally, i just copy/paste, end, I don't even have to open a new tab) and more hassle to the ones that come to MH after the translated ones (they do exist).


Knowing entire discussions will be nuked may not promote discussion because all types of conversations will just disappear and records of comments/interesting debates.
Is there something like a interesting debate about fakes? Usually they are "mwahah Naruto has shariganz rulz", "you're stupid, Naruto won't ever have sharingan, fake lol". >.<
 
Last edited:

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But no, in my opinion it's really more work (portuguese translation 4 links to translation 1 on post 5 of the original thread and so on - normally, i just copy/paste, end, I don't even have to open a new tab) and more hassle to the ones that come to MH after the translated ones (they do exist).
<hr noshade size="1">


Is there something like a interesting debate about fakes? Usually they are "mwahah Naruto has shariganz rulz", "you're stupid, Naruto won't ever have sharingan, fake lol". >.<
Interesting theories pop up in threads, and in many cases they are still relevant because they fakes are not far off or are seriously rooted in the manga anyway. Ultimately the decisions rests on you guys an I will just go with the flow.
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But no, in my opinion it's really more work (portuguese translation 4 links to translation 1 on post 5 of the original thread and so on - normally, i just copy/paste, end, I don't even have to open a new tab) and more hassle to the ones that come to MH after the translated ones (they do exist).

Having a separate thread for international spoilers means you don't have to copy paste or whatever, you just let them be posted in there. I don't think you have to organize them, just watch the thread for improper posts. It removes all the work you have to do in the original spoiler thread...no offense, but that sounds like a weak excuse.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But no, in my opinion it's really more work (portuguese translation 4 links to translation 1 on post 5 of the original thread and so on - normally, i just copy/paste, end, I don't even have to open a new tab) and more hassle to the ones that come to MH after the translated ones (they do exist).
<hr noshade size="1">


Is there something like a interesting debate about fakes? Usually they are "mwahah Naruto has shariganz rulz", "you're stupid, Naruto won't ever have sharingan, fake lol". >.<
What if people are discussing the real spoiler which takes time for the mods to confirm? you can't deleted related discussions.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Having a separate thread for international spoilers means you don't have to copy paste or whatever, you just let them be posted in there. I don't think you have to organize them, just watch the thread for improper posts. It removes all the work you have to do in the original spoiler thread...
Intl translations are linked to the original ones, always. They're posted without any formatting or tags. Just like..

"Brazilian PT Translation CH 455

Naruto blablablah"

Separated, we would have to turn each post into this:

Brazilian PT Translation ch. 455 by someone
Status: Confirmed
Source: blah
Original post: blah

"Naruto blablablah"


Usually, the formatting is done only on the original post, translations are only added there, quoted.


What if people are discussing the real spoiler which takes time for the mods to confirm? you can't deleted related discussions.
Nothing is perfect. Let's find a way out of it. :p

Going to my german course, i'll take another look at this thread later! Keep on throwing ideas at us :X
 
Last edited:

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Just open the discussion thread with the first 'reasonable' spoiler submission as always. It can take a day or more to confirm a spoiler and to keep the discussion closed till then would cause spoiler spam in the non-spoiler discussion threads. The submission thread would contain all kinds of spoiler, not just fakes.

I like this idea much as well. But in case we adopt it there are some things we need to make clear:

Submission thread
Open for everyone to post. No complaining about anything anymore like int trans, (reasonable) fakes and such. They're are allowed to post there. Only spam, double stuff and obvious fanfics will be deleted. The thread will bring spoiler news faster due to it's open nature but when people subscribe to it, they accept the fakes and int trans.

Official thread
Moderated thread. Only mods are allowed to post there. People get the news slower because we're not able to monitor the submission thread frequently but in exchange they only get confirmed spoilers in a clean and organized matter. We link back to the submission post, so people can go and thank the contributor.

Discussion thread
Same as always.

That should work for everyone and not cause to much extra work load. At least not more than our Naruto mods have at the moment. But members need to accept that it's either 'fast and spammy' or 'slow and safe'. Which thread they want to subscribe to, is up to them.

To be honest, the idea is superb. It's the best compromise for all parties I've seen so far.


It does sound very good, If I may make a suggestion and that is to move the spoilers when they get confirmed. As in the original spoiler post itself moving from the submission thread to the confirmed spoiler thread. This way the original poster gets to keep their hunt effort. The reason for that is like I mentioned before, many people want a fast fix. If they see the spoiler confirmed in the main thread, most will not track the original.

And like you said only for mods to post/move posts.


Edit: I might have misunderstood your post >.> if that's what you meant then :nod Excellent
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Intl translations are linked to the original ones, always. They're posted without any formatting or tags. Just like..

"Brazilian PT Translation CH 455

Naruto blablablah"

Separated, we would have to turn each post into this:

Brazilian PT Translation ch. 455 by someone
Status: Confirmed
Source: blah
Original post: blah

"Naruto blablablah"


Usually, the formatting is done only on the original post, translations are only added there, quoted.
what I'm saying is why bother doing that? let the people who want to make international translations just make them stating what they're translating and you guys don't have to edit them to whatever format. I know that when I read a translation I don't need to check to see the original japanese text that was translated. I mean, what's the point of editing it that way? I might be a bit naive and ignorant here, but I don't see the point to it. I just think it'll be a bit more streamlined if that format was done for the main spoiler thread, and for the international spoilers just to let them post their translations in their international spoiler thread...all you have to do is clean out the posts that aren't translations...what am I missing here?

this is what I see when I go to the spoiler thread on weds/thursdays

original japanese spoiler
eng translation of said spoiler
correction of above translation
2nd english translation of spoiler
turkish translation
port translation
spanish translation
french translation
persian translation
tagalog translation
second french translation


granted this is a bit simplified and there's usually a couple of japanese spoilers, but still, see how much cleaner it would be if you separate all the non-english translations into another thread (and you're not doing the separating here, it'll be on the translator to post their trans in the appropriate thread). A lot less work on your end too...
 
Last edited:

xXan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
7,329
Reaction score
1,707
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
No more translations PLS. This is the most important thing, just ban them form that topic or make a new one ...
Ty
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
LOL you can't just ban them for doing intl trans. Though I actually wonder how many people come to the site just for the international trans, because there are french/spanish/italian manga forums which obviously translate the Japanese to the respective language so I would assume people go there instead of here. I don't think many come solely for the intl.trans, but there probably are a few.
 

Alterno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
1,304
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
STOP THE NONSENSE

First at all can we stop the drama about international translations?, most of you that only one english translation forget that most of the spoilers poster are from countries where english is nothing more than a secondary/optional language..

I don't even know why people over here is mad @ fakes or reapeated spoilers, we (people who look after spoilers) know pretty well that sites like 2ch threads are long and most of the time have spoilers repeated. They even discuss in the same topic about the spoilers posted.

So people be a little more open minded, because is enough to have to open int translations (note non -english translations), as spoilers. But it makes no sensen and sometimes is even rude since most of the spoiler posted are international users. THATS A FACT.
.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It does sound very good, If I may make a suggestion and that is to move the spoilers when they get confirmed. As in the original spoiler post itself moving from the submission thread to the confirmed spoiler thread. This way the original poster gets to keep their hunt effort. The reason for that is like I mentioned before, many people want a fast fix. If they see the spoiler confirmed in the main thread, most will not track the original.
Jupp, probably better. For the Japanese and English scripts as least. If we'd start to move the Int Trans too, we get all the complains again :XD

But those are details we can think of later. Just keep coming ideas first :amuse

Though I actually wonder how many people come to the site just for the international trans, because there are french/spanish/italian manga forums which obviously translate the Japanese to the respective language so I would assume people go there instead of here.
A lot actually, and with our member translation project (making the site available in many languages) even more. Besides, we know from many non-English forums that they get their Int Trans spoilers from here first. We have become a reliable source for this kind of stuff.

A main difference to many similar communities compared to MH is our priority on serving the languages the members ask for. While English strictly is our main language for communication on the forums, our manga database looks pretty multicultural nowadays and doesn't seem to stop just here. We've get more and more Int Trans which ain't second hand (JP->EN->Other) anymore. That was different just a short while ago.
 

donkeyhigh

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
115
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
-=MODERATED SPOILER-THREAD=-

Features:
* Only moderators can post.


- Picture posts.
- Primary spoiler translation (if confirmed) (in quote-pannel) - (spoilertag over the script itself)
- Edites to the original translation in a quote-pannel (if other translators saw it neccesairy to edit/add, and a translator notice of why he decided to edit the original script and if possible the "major" changes/adds in a new quote-pannel underneath this one too (-spoilertag both for the "script changes"-pannel and the whole new script itself, with information about what is under each spoilertag)
- Pending scripts (spoilertag, and removed when a script is confirmed)
- Updates, if they somehow reveals something new or give new meaning to something someone said/translated wrong.

Like so:

Hi, I'm a MH moderator and I like to help people with mangastuff, anyway, here's a brand new spoilerthread, head's up though, only moderators can post in here, but check back regularly, we update this post as soon as we hear anything new about the upcoming chapter:

Here's some sneaky pictures of this weekend's Naruto:

PICTURES
Creds: Dude who gave us pictures
[Greenish]Confirmed[/Greenish]
Dude_who_gave_us_pictures said:
[.img]http://wwwheresurmama.huh/heresheis1.gif[./img]
[.img]http://wwwheresurmama.huh/heresheis2.gif[./img]


SCRIPT/TRANSLATION
Creds: Dude who gave us pictures also gave us script and translation
[Greenish]Confirmed[/Greenish]

Dude who gave us pictures also gave us script and translation said:
Nagato: *mumbling* I'm so depressed, you have no idea, brain the size of a planet and this is what they ask me to do, go catch a kid in a ninjasuit...
Naruto: So.. you want me to come with you?
Nagato: *huff* Do as you please, we're all going to die anyway, I don't care any more.
Naruto: Wow, that's one grumpy leader.
Konan: Yeah, he's a prototype GPP..
Naruto: What's GPP?
Nagato: "Genuine People Personalities", can't you tell?
Naruto: I'm still going with "what"?
Nagato: It's like my firmware, like your DNA, only I'm a machine.
Naruto: So your saying you're a robot?
Nagato: *huff* what did you think all these metal bars and electric signals were for? Well I guess I couldn't expect more from a slightly evolved monkey *mumbles in the background*
Naruto (to Konan): Wow.. just, wow?
Konan: I know, but once you get to know him..
Naruto: Wow.. You're defending him? You like this prereleased robotthing?
Konan: What? He's nice..
Naruto: Well, look at him? He's a frickin' robot?
Konan: So?
Naruto: I give up, screw this, *KYUBII SAGE MODE FUUTON MOTHERF**ING SHURIKEN RASENGAN!!!"*
*Naruto looks out into nothingness while metal debree and paper falls down around him*

Chapter/arc ends.

Editnotes said:
MH-editnick's note:
-=UPDATE-2=-
Someguy translated the 6th line of the original script.

Original translation
Dude who gave us pictures also gave us script and translation said:
Nagato: "Genuine People Personalities", can't you tell?
Naruto: Still.. what?

Someguy's translation
Someguy said:
Nagato: "Genuine People Personalities", can't you tell?
Naruto: I'm still going with "what"?

MH-editnick's note:
-=UPDATE=-
Same guy that posted this script/translation also posted that Nagato wasn't interested in capturing Naruto any more, he didn't see any point in doing anything because he think's everyone is doomed anyway.
Older translations:

More specific + some script:
2nd version:
anotherone said:
Nagato turns out to be a robot and makes fun of Naruto for not realizing earlier, he also mentions having a head the size of a planet (editors note, I think he just means he's smart, really really smart, so don't take it literarily).
Endscript:

Naruto: So your saying you're a robot?
Nagato: *huff* what did you think all these metal bars and electric signals were for? Well I guess I couldn't expect more from a slightly evolved monkey *mumbles in the background*
Naruto (to Konan): Wow.. just, wow?
Konan: I know, but once you get to know him..
Naruto: Wow.. You're defending him? You like this prereleased robotthing?
Konan: What? He's nice..
Naruto: Well, look at him? He's a frickin' robot?
Konan: So?
Naruto: I give up, screw this, *KYUBII SAGE MODE FUUTON MOTHERF**ING SHURIKEN RASENGAN!!!"*
*Naruto looks out into nothingness while metal debree and paper falls down around him*


1st version:
someone said:
Nagato is a robot, Konan likes AI, Naruto does not.

- Pending scripts removed.

/POST ENDS.



-=Spoiler-pics and summaries=-

- The old thread.

-=Spoiler discussion=-

-The old thread.



Personally I'd only visit the moderated thread, but this way it shouldn't be too much (more) work for you moderators, and noone can complain about having to change their old habbits.
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
STOP THE NONSENSE

First at all can we stop the drama about international translations?, most of you that only one english translation forget that most of the spoilers poster are from countries where english is nothing more than a secondary/optional language..

I don't even know why people over here is mad @ fakes or reapeated spoilers, we (people who look after spoilers) know pretty well that sites like 2ch threads are long and most of the time have spoilers repeated. They even discuss in the same topic about the spoilers posted.

So people be a little more open minded, because is enough to have to open int translations (note non -english translations), as spoilers. But it makes no sensen and sometimes is even rude since most of the spoiler posted are international users. THATS A FACT.
.
Here's a fact for you: it's an english site. What's so offensive about separating english translations from nonenglish translations? The naruto section is mostly english, is it not? what language are the spoilers discussed in? For everyone's sake, it would be better if the spoiler thread were bolded because of a new spoiler and not another translation that only benefits a handful rather than the whole of mangahelpers. Having an international spoiler thread would benefit everyone.
 
Top