Feedback Spoiler Thread Discussion

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
That would suck though if everyone just bothered to check the Mod Thread since very few people will start discussing spoilers in the other thread which may be real before the mods update.
 

xXan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
7,329
Reaction score
1,707
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
LOL you can't just ban them for doing intl trans. Though I actually wonder how many people come to the site just for the international trans, because there are french/spanish/italian manga forums which obviously translate the Japanese to the respective language so I would assume people go there instead of here. I don't think many come solely for the intl.trans, but there probably are a few.
I sad ban then from that topic (Naruto 445 Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread). Just make a diferent one for them .
 

Majin Trunks

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
48
Reaction score
7
Age
50
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Just open the discussion thread with the first 'reasonable' spoiler submission as always. It can take a day or more to confirm a spoiler and to keep the discussion closed till then would cause spoiler spam in the non-spoiler discussion threads. The submission thread would contain all kinds of spoiler, not just fakes.

I like this idea much as well. But in case we adopt it there are some things we need to make clear:

Submission thread
Open for everyone to post. No complaining about anything anymore like int trans, (reasonable) fakes and such. They're are allowed to post there. Only spam, double stuff and obvious fanfics will be deleted. The thread will bring spoiler news faster due to it's open nature but when people subscribe to it, they accept the fakes and int trans.

Official thread
Moderated thread. Only mods are allowed to post there. People get the news slower because we're not able to monitor the submission thread frequently but in exchange they only get confirmed spoilers in a clean and organized matter. We link back to the submission post, so people can go and thank the contributor.

Discussion thread
Same as always.

That should work for everyone and not cause to much extra work load. At least not more than our Naruto mods have at the moment. But members need to accept that it's either 'fast and spammy' or 'slow and safe'. Which thread they want to subscribe to, is up to them.

To be honest, the idea is superb. It's the best compromise for all parties I've seen so far.


This is exactly what I meant earlier but I kinda just woke up at the time so it was not as clear but this is what I was thinking when I wrote my last post. (and what I was trying to say)


spoiler discussions should stay the same I think and international translations of confirmed spoilers could go into the confirmed thread once they are confirmed. It is not like the confirmed thread is going to be nearly as long as the current spoiler page so there is not much to go through (probably will not need more than one page).
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Here's a fact for you: it's an english site.
Correction: It's an international site.

English is merely our communication language 'cause it would be decently chaotic if we had discussions in different languages. But as you can see when using the manga database, we place more and more priority on Int Trans/Scans and accessibility for non-English users which is a development that won't stop anymore.

Therefor the discussion whether a Polish/Turkish/German/Portuguese translation is less interesting as the English one is obsolete. People who read the Int Trans may not be able to post a comment because of the English barrier or simply post it in English but are thankful for the Int Trans for better understanding. So you may get the impression that people with good English skills are the majority who's interested in spoilers. That's not necessary true.

Eniway, that topic just takes the attention away from possible solutions, so let's get back to collecting suggestions and comments \o
 

Raimaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
281
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I'm ok with both the old and the new system. What i really want is no international translations in spoiler pics + summaries threads. I would be grateful if you gather ... no, actually allow them only in a separate thread.

I am glad people post translations in their own language, but the spoiler thread is, in my opinion, for brand new hot stuff which was just leaked by anyone and is provided here asap. So if I catch a "new post" sign on the spoiler thread, I really wanna see a new spoiler, not yet another translation of parts most of our community is already able to read anyway.

edit: I should have read more of the topic. Well, i think too many threads for the spoiler systems would result in more work for the staff and I personally think 3 would be fine (pics&trans, discussions, int. trans).
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
as long as I'm not teased that there's a new spoiler only to find another translation, I don't care what's done with spoiler thread. That's my only beef with the spoiler thread at the moment. I could care less about the format.

Correction: It's an international site.

English is merely our communication language 'cause it would be decently chaotic if we had discussions in different languages. But as you can see when using the manga database, we place more and more priority on Int Trans/Scans and accessibility for non-English users which is a development that won't stop anymore.

Therefor the discussion whether a Polish/Turkish/German/Portuguese translation is less interesting as the English one is obsolete. People who read the Int Trans may not be able to post a comment because of the English barrier or simply post it in English but are thankful for the Int Trans for better understanding. So you may get the impression that people with good English skills are the majority who's interested in spoilers. That's not necessary true.

Eniway, that topic just takes the attention away from possible solutions, so let's get back to collecting suggestions and comments \o
that's my point eni. I wasn't saying it's a site made and run for England. And I don't know where you got the impression that I felt there were a majority of people here with good english skills (not to knock on anyone, but come on, doesn't take much to know that that's not the case...). I'm merely going on the obvious, that english is the predominant language here. Tell me it isn't. When I see heavy discussions going on that aren't in english, I'll concede that it's an international/multilingual site.

all I'm saying is that, in your words, it's decently chaotic in the spoiler thread with all the translations in different languages
 
Last edited:

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

i think it's a bit confusing, you have spoiler repeated twice...I understand that you want to mass everything together, but this way things get repeated.
that's exactly the same i was thinking. it's irritating. i like the old system more.

how about a poll? it's the best way to see if people like it or not.


Here's a fact for you: it's an english site. What's so offensive about separating english translations from nonenglish translations? The naruto section is mostly english, is it not? what language are the spoilers discussed in? For everyone's sake, it would be better if the spoiler thread were bolded because of a new spoiler and not another translation that only benefits a handful rather than the whole of mangahelpers. Having an international spoiler thread would benefit everyone.
most of the people here come from countries with another native languages than english. it may be natural for you that everyone speaks and understand english but let me say this to you: most of the people who have english as not the native language, spend years to learn it, to be able to read and to write it like they do here now!

why separate them? i know it's sometimes frustrating to wait for new spoilers and after you see new posts in the spoiler thread you gnashes with yout teeth because of another translations. but more threads make only more work for mods.

ps: i see oftener member here who have problems with international translations. stop this linguistic "harassment"! english is not the only language on this planet.
 
Last edited:

hoki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
France
make a RSS feed with ONLY the confirmed script/pics !
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

that's exactly the same i was thinking. it's irritating. i like the old system more.

how about a poll? it's the best way to see if people like it or not.


most of the people here come from countries with another native languages than english. it may be natural for you that everyone speaks and understand english but let me say this to you: most of the people who have english as not the native language, spend years to learn it, to be able to read and to write it like they do here now!

i see oftener member here who have problems with international translations. stop this linguistic "harassment"! english is not the only language on this planet.
I'm not trying to get rid of everything that isn't english. I just think that when there's more international translations than there are actual spoilers, doesn't that tell you that maybe, just maybe, there should be an international spoiler translation thread?

look, where I'm from they have this beautiful thing called SAP. Essentially, what SAP does is that if I'm watching a television program and I want to listen to it in spanish, I just turn the SAP on. That's what an international translations thread would do. Because as of now, it's like watching a television show where after they say something in english, they dubbed over it or after it in the same thing in spanish, so I rehear everything in a different language.
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

that's exactly the same i was thinking. it's irritating. i like the old system more.

how about a poll? it's the best way to see if people like it or not.
<hr noshade size="1">

most of the people here come from countries with another native languages than english. it may be natural for you that everyone speaks and understand english but let me say this to you: most of the people who have english as not the native language, spend years to learn it, to be able to read and to write it like they do here now!

i see oftener member here who have problems with international translations. stop this linguistic "harassment"! english is not the only language on this planet.
I don't the repeated spoilers will be posted in the same thread, for this week they put out the old and new system at the same time before they make a final decision.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I like the new way, just the fact that I don't have to scroll to the bottom of the page everyday, about 5 times a day, for confirmed spoilers. But I'm down for whatever as long as theirs spoilers
 

dylec

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
147
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mostly lurk & rarely participate, unless it's something extraordinary, like this.
Fakes, comments & translations should be controlled in spoiler threads. I don't have solution to the rampant spoiler problems, but I do hope the staff will come up with a reasonable way to conduct spoiler threads. ;]
 

lgstarn

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, this is something I already brought up with pat, but the "Some corrections" for the Naruto 445 Spoiler that I contributed does not have any credit for me. Pat said he would fix it but apparently that didn't happen. Also, because it was put together with the Chinese spoiler, I didn't get any thanks. Oh well.

I guess the big issue for me is to just make sure everyone gets credit for what they contribute.
 
Last edited:

Mister9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Orkney Islands
Translations should be posted in completely different thread.
Spoiler translations thread.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm not exactly a big fan of the new system. All the spoiler in one jumbo post doesn't work too well with me.

Take away the "thank system" as far as the spoiler thread is concern. Take that away and you will see a big difference. Or just start banning(for a week) people that post BS in the thread. What is BS? Posting of obvious fanfics, repeat posting of an already post spoiler, posting of fake spoilers when there is already a bloody confirm one, etc. No warning, just an automatic ban.

As for the international translation, let me begin by saying English is not my first language, it not even my second. But when i come to this forum, i type in english and read in english, you want to know why? Because this is a bloody english forum. I understand that quite a lot of people, including me, in here first language isn't english, but that doesn't change the fact that this is an english forum. When you come on here you are expect to read and type in english, not whatever language is your first language. So the spoiler thread should be strictly English only spoilers. You can make a new thread for the international translations if you are generous enough, but those shit shouldn't be in the spoiler thread. It freaking annoying when you think there is a new spoiler in the thread and all you find is some translation for a language that you don't even know exist. For these reasons i don't even really read the spoilers on MH anymore, i now go to NF, where you wouldn't find any BS in the spoiler thread.
 

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not exactly a big fan of the new system. All the spoiler in one jumbo post doesn't work too well with me.

Take away the "thank system" as far as the spoiler thread is concern. Take that away and you will see a big difference. Or just start banning(for a week) people that post BS in the thread. What is BS? Posting of obvious fanfics, repeat posting of an already post spoiler, posting of fake spoilers when there is already a bloody confirm one, etc. No warning, just an automatic ban.

As for the international translation, let me begin by saying English is not my first language, it not even my second. But when i come to this forum, i type in english and read in english, you want to know why? Because this is a bloody english forum. I understand that quite a lot of people, including me, in here first language isn't english, but that doesn't change the fact that this is an english forum. When you come on here you are expect to read and type in english, not whatever language is your first language. So the spoiler thread should be strictly English only spoilers. You can make a new thread for the international translations if you are generous enough, but those shit shouldn't be in the spoiler thread. It freaking annoying when you think there is a new spoiler in the thread and all you find is some translation for a language that you don't even know exist. For these reasons i don't even really read the spoilers on MH anymore, i now go to NF, where you wouldn't find any BS in the spoiler thread.
Leave the thanks system. People who hunt down raws/spoilers should be thanked. We can't exactly say "thank you" in the spoiler thread without receiving an infraction for spam, and I doubt spoiler providers want 100+ private messages saying thanks. If people were to thank random posts in order to thank a person for a post in a different thread, the thanks in that thread would appear really strange. I don't post spoilers and I doubt that I ever will. I do not have a dog in the race at all but I think those who post them should be thanked appropriately because hunting those may take longer and more effort than most posts.
 
Last edited:

Alexis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,762
Reaction score
1,029
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Guys, sorry for break the discussion, but please, what to you think about the new spoiler system? Is it good? Bad? Is it more organized, or that section has become a complete mess? We need to know your feedback about it to improve the system or return to the old one.
I like the idea, but a few things that I think could improve.



First of all, this Spanish translation doesn't have any spoiler script embedded, so I'm not sure why it is in the Spoiler Script & Translation fieldset. Nor is it based on the script that was posted above it. Confusing.
And the one that appears below it in the picture has both a spoiler script and a translation, so shouldn't it be in the above fieldset?

From what I understand, Scipts + Translations should be put in the "Spoiler Script & Translation" fieldset. So are posts with only translations (without the script) supposed to be put in the "Spoiler Translation" fieldset?

Anyway, the sections look like this right now:

Pictures

- Pics (Confirmed)
- Pics (Pending)

Translations

- Script + Translation
- Spoiler Translation
- Spoilers

I think I'd prefer having the "- Spoiler Translation" section changed to International Translations, and have all the English translations in the "- Script + Translation" section.
One thing members often seem to complain about is the international translations so I think it would look more organized if they weren't mixed together with the English translations.
 
Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
We won't get rid of the intl translations with the actual spoilers, that's something that won't change, end of question.

We're only trying to find a way to make them less "annoying". The foruns are in english, but yes, we are translating the entire site, and yes, we also support international translations/scans. So naturally there's no way we'd "ban" or restrict access to intl. translations.

Calling them "shit" is not also really nice, you know, there are people that come here only for them, and we do our best to serve them as well as everyone else.

So instead of complaining about them, let's find a way to make them fit with everything else. We made lots of progress already.
 

miforever

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
255
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I like eni's idea for Submission, Official and normal Discussion threads.

As for the International translations, I say, let them be associated with the spoilers that they are posted in regard to along with the English translations. It makes more sense to have:
(spoiler)
(eng trans spoilertag)
(spanish trans spoilertag)
(turkish trans spoilertag) ETC.

Seriously guys, it's much less confusing this way, and LOTE translators have every right to post their translations here too. It just makes it that much more difficult to traffic and control if they're posted in a separate thread.

Remember, no one human language is superior to another. You may disagree with me, but I'm a linguist student, and this is how I look at language as a whole. Don't worry, I know that not all of you have a negative opinon on the LOTE translations, but it just seems to be the general view that's being put out there...
 

rpl001

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Naruto 445 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Great job. The more organized the better. Keep up the excellent work,
yup agree with that, when I checked the Naruto 445 spoiler thread I noticed that the first post gathered all the spoiler and spoiler pics, and the first post is MH staff, I like it... more organized.. :)
 
Top