Feedback Spoiler Thread Discussion

kurausu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And I think the fist page showing a summary is a good idea, but must be actualized "just in time" to be really useful to people who likes the hot info : D
Are you serious? If you want hot info just scroll down!

The new system seems ok but maybe it might be better to have a spoiler submission thread and a stickied thread for confirmed spoilers and pics(or pending), this way all the fake spoilers and real spoilers might be mixed on the submission thread so the mods can look through like they do now but for ease of use for the rest of us we can check the other thread that is sorted through (and only the mods can change that thread).
I see people saying... Create a thread that only mods can post and another that all members can post.. Soo... I think that way.. this thing already exists... If you pay attention on what you looking for... The 1st post is that "thread" that only mods can post.. And the rest of the thread is that another "thread" that all members can post..


The system is great.. If you're a person that wants to come here and see a summary or you're soo lazy or busy to read entire thread you go see the 1st post.. If you want hot info and/or up to date info, you scrolls down and see whats new..

That's all... For me, the new system is great.

An additional idea: if you can put a RSS feed that shows updates only of posts/replies marked to be shown.. It would be great.. Like this: I post a new reply in spoiler pics.. so, a mod go there and mark my reply to be shown in the rss feed.. Will work great!
As a somekind of a geek/hack/programmer, I give a hint: in the db, put an additional boolean field (special_rss). If it's marked, you show in rss, if not, do not show this post.

Thanks for all.
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We won't get rid of the intl translations with the actual spoilers, that's something that won't change, end of question.

We're only trying to find a way to make them less "annoying". The foruns are in english, but yes, we are translating the entire site, and yes, we also support international translations/scans. So naturally there's no way we'd "ban" or restrict access to intl. translations.

Calling them "shit" is not also really nice, you know, there are people that come here only for them, and we do our best to serve them as well as everyone else.

So instead of complaining about them, let's find a way to make them fit with everything else. We made lots of progress already.
then what's the whole point of this? no one really cared about the format yet you want to change that. The international translations get a lot of complaints, but that's something you guys are unwilling to change? We're not asking you to get rid of them, just to give them their own place. You're asking us to find a way to make them fit with everything else and we gave you what most people feel would be the best way and you're telling us it's out of the question. We're not (or I'm not) asking you to ban people or to make it more difficult or restrictive to find the translations...if anything, it'll be easier if not the same...
 
Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
No one cared about the format? We got tons of complaints about fakes, tons of complaints about intl translations and even tons of complaints about pictures without thumbnails or not spoiler tagged. In the same way, we also got congrats for supporting intl. translations and for our position against fakes. It's really difficult to please all members, so we decided to try some changes that would be fair for everyone, that's why we tweaked with the format.

Personally, I find the action of putting the intl translations aside (in another thread as you suggest) really egoistical, as if they weren't really important. Maybe they really aren't - for you. But as long as there are people coming here just for them, they'll stay. I'm sure no one will die because of some spoiler tagged translations under a spoiler.

"So just throw them on the other thread". If we do that, we'll have to format them too, as I've said before; I won't just leave them without proper organization or tagging just because they're not english translations, I'm sorry. And we also have to think about what is easier for us, so I'd avoid double work....well, I'm not writing everything again.

In fact, i really don't understand why people get so annoyed when the thread gets bumped because of them - it's just a damn click, has the internet made you guys spoiled like that? But this is just me.
(and actually, we're the ones that should be more than annoyed, as we have to edit and all; I really don't mind it.).
 
Last edited:

lazyboyrod

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
2,026
Reaction score
45
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
makes no difference.
So long as we get spoilers.
 

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No one cared about the format? We got tons of complaints about fakes, tons of complaints about intl translations and even tons of complaints about pictures without thumbnails or not spoiler tagged. In the same way, we also got congrats for supporting intl. translations and for our position against fakes. It's really difficult to please all members, so we decided to try some changes that would be fair for everyone, that's why we tweaked with the format.

Personally, I find the action of putting the intl translations aside (in another thread as you suggest) really egoistical, as if they weren't really important. Maybe they really aren't - for you. But as long as there are people coming here just for them, they'll stay. I'm sure no one will die because of some spoiler tagged translations under a spoiler.

"So just throw them on the other thread". If we do that, we'll have to format them too, as I've said before; I won't just leave them without proper organization or tagging just because they're not english translations, I'm sorry. And as we also have to think about what is easier for us, so I'd avoid double work....well, I'm not writing everything again.

In fact, i really don't understand why people get so annoyed when the thread gets bumped because of them - it's just a damn click, has the internet made you guys spoiled like that? But this is just me.
(and actually, we're the ones that should be more than annoyed, as we have to edit and all; I really don't mind it.).
I personally don't care about the bump, I care about the email alerts to my blackberry. A few weeks ago I got like 50 emails because of internationals trans and fakes.

Perhaps you guys can add a tag to the submissions so that a person can opt in for emails of english and not int, or int but not english, or both.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
We're really digging the idea of a "confirmed thread", so your problem would be over, as well as the bumping.
I'm now only afraid of people complaining about bumping at the non-confirmed thread, because no one is ever satisfied.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jdw

jdw

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
12,834
Reaction score
14,771
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We're really digging the idea of a "confirmed thread", so your problem would be over, as well as the bumping.
I'm now only afraid of people complaining about bumping at the non-confirmed thread, because no one is ever satisfied.
If a confirmed thread is created all rights to complain about the unconfirmed thread should be lost, with the exception of like blatant spam or illegal things.
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, no matter what, some people will complain anyways....the idea of a confirmed thread is a good idea and should shorten time for looking at the confirmed spoiler.

Personally I like to look at the mixed up spoiler thread...with fake spoiler since they make good entertainments, at times.
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
egotistical? whatever, how is asking to put something in a category it belongs to egotistical...and how is giving something its own thread making it less important? it's not like I'm saying they don't belong in the site or that a spanish spoiler belongs in the spanish thread. Personally, I find it egotistical to call that egotistical. Whatever though, I'm just saying that the way the spoiler thread was being handled before, having a separate one would have benefited all...but since the official spoiler thread is being made, then, as joey would say, it's a moo point.
 
Last edited:

ryzvonusef

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
368
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
What we need is a platform that is mutually editable by all, i.e. a wiki, or something comparable in flexibility.

The problem with the thread system is that, except for a mod, not everyone can edit the header post. So there will be multiple instances of the same script of pictures being posted, not out of sheer "lulz", but simply because the poster in a genuine effort to provide the spoiler ASAP, post the item first, and then scrolls down to review the thread.

So what we need is a wiki type page. All memebrs post in scripts under the heading "SCRIPTS", and picture under the heading "PICTURES". This action will necesitate a person to actually click the edit page, and review what's written before copy-pasting it. But should anyone ignore, some one else will come around to do the concising, hence getting the necessary effect anyways.

This will especially be beneficial for pictures, since it much easier to digest an enitre picture in one go, so duplicate entries will be much less likely in that section. Should bigger pitures come, they will simply replace the older, smaller ones.

Also, get rid of the spoiler tags. They unnecessarily hide stuff, that perpetuates the duplicity. Every body entering the page knows what they are oing to face, so the spoiler tags a re redundant, in fact they are counter productive.

Of course implementing this requires much effort, I mean, setting up a wiki and all in addtion to a website and a forum is not easy business, but since this is a site that handles hundreds of manga, I guess creating a seperate spoiler site to handles all this mess will enable better flow of information.

You could merge the spoiler wiki with the mainsite, since the main site is basically a backup of completed spoiler i.e. proper chapters. This could also help in eliminating duplicity you face with multiple Edited Manga of the same manga.

Just my two cents :)
 

razor

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
322
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Well, I'm ok with that system,but the Mods must constantly update their post because if they are late, than it is quite bad.
So better keep track with latest post by user that posted their spoiler.
 

Alterno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
1,304
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Here's a fact for you: it's an english site. What's so offensive about separating english translations from nonenglish translations? The naruto section is mostly english, is it not? what language are the spoilers discussed in? For everyone's sake, it would be better if the spoiler thread were bolded because of a new spoiler and not another translation that only benefits a handful rather than the whole of mangahelpers. Having an international spoiler thread would benefit everyone.

No bean, is non-sense because you would be asking mods and admin to create diffrent topics for each, even narrowing it to the spoiler tag is nonsense or can be seen as rude. In this case I would gladly give my vote to the creation of spoler and pics thread, where international user could post their findings there, just to show you the real effect that international users have in this community.

I suggest moderators to tell users to take a chill pill and get over, because someone will always post reapeated picture, or quote a spoiler for translations, etc. I don't see why they should be complain about intl translations or repeated spoilers, since the people who look for 1st hand spoiler generally have to read over 1000 post @ 2ch and repeated spoilers/picture.

Just get over and lets not get drown in a glass water.


 

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
let the whole system be like it was before. who cares about the fakes? they are verified at most in 2 days. most of the fakes are obvious. and it's not like you are forced to read them. so i don't really undestand this ruckus about fakes. for me their are just entertaining.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
If you have a confirmed thread, while the international translations are in the Submission thread, that still makes the intl.trans part of another thread, shoved into a different thread, where it can be seen as being less important, so it is like having a different thread just for intl.trans.
 

Yarias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
53
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think a confirmed spoilers thread is a good compromise. I don't really care either way (I only check the spoilers at most once on Thursdays or occasionally if the chapter is later than usual).

I was originally thinking about a possible mod to the forums that allows someone to post in a topic but not bump the topic, but that's essentially what a second "confirmed" thread does.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
BTW this is how a new international. trans thread would look like in the section, of course I moved the forum rules away because the sticky stuff would be too congested. Maybe you could put that in the annoucements.

 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Change ugh? I've got no problem whatsoever with the current system. But seeing as there's no avoiding it... As most agree here, in no way the International translators should be cast aside as if they were useless, when in fact they're a great asset to the forum for those who don't have a good grasp of the english language. The ones annoyed by intl. trans, are so for two reasons:
  • Being sent a notice by e-mail/subscribtion for "Nothing"
  • Them taking too much place.
Here's my suggestion- I think you should introduce 2 new Options: The "Reveal/Hide" and the "Submit" buttons. Buttons that can only be located in the First post of the spoiler thread and emphasized on. --> An option to easy the life of Intl. translators that are unnecessary bashed 'cause they only want to help.

Let me explain the process: When someone wants to submit and share an Intl. Translation, all he/she have to do is click on "Submit Intl. Translation" in the first post, his trans will be hidden and people won't be informed that a post was made in the spoiler thread. But it'll be the mods' job to update at times the first post each time an internatianal translaton is submited, so less job for you.

Exemple:
  • Brazilian Translation by x
  • Arabic Translation by y
So that way, anyone who wants to read a given spoiler in his foreign language for better understanding(if available), can simply click on "Reveal/Hide" to see all Intenational translation posts. And the posters recieving proper credits in the process./ Well, this ofcourse depends if your techs can cook those options for you/us and if the website's current format can allow such accessory.

About the complaints: Naruto is a popular manga, so it goes without saying that the number/proportions of complaints will always be higher compared to other Forums in the website, so I don't think its fair to change the N-forum's way every time because of a handfull people when there's thousands more that are fine with the way things are. Though, that said, I'm sure you'll come up with something good with all the suggestions given in this thread. Good luck. :amuse
 
Last edited:

HPTR Fangirl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
5,375
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I prefer not putting all the spoilers from different people to just one post. In other words, I like the old system better over the new one.
 

kurausu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Look.. I think this will work very fine:


Images
images here
images here

Scripts
images here

Translations
ORIGINAL SCRIPT
transtlation here
ORIGINAL SCRIPT
transtlation here
ORIGINAL SCRIPT
transtlation here
ORIGINAL SCRIPT
transtlation here

Maybe it's a lot of SPOILER tags... But it will be organized.. Think about it.
 
Top