Spring 2011 Creative Writing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Welcome to the Spring Creative Writing Contest! ​

Apply here if you have a piece of literature that you want to submit.

Rules:
-Any form of literature is acceptable! You may submit a short story, a poem, an essay, etc., but it must be reasonable submission. (If you are unsure if what you have is acceptable, just ask.)

-The contest doesn't have a specific theme! Feel free to write about anything you like. :)

-Plagiarism is not allowed. If you are using characters created by someone else, be sure to properly credit the original author/artist.

- You can submit up to 3 works for this contest. Only your most voted entry will be taken in account for the results though - you won't be able to win at 1st, 2nd and 3rd places at once.


NEW!To apply, follow this instructions:

Submissions
Every contest entry must be posted in this thread.

In addition to your writing submission, your submission post must include the title, the type of literature, and a brief description (in which you would mention if you used the characters of others).

Submission Format"Title"
Type: [Put Poem or Short Story or whatever your submission is]
Description: [Insert your description of your work]

[Insert your writing]



For long literary works, the writing may be placed in spoiler tags (not the header with the title, type, and description). If you need help, just ask us by PM.

We would prefer that you title your work, but if you feel your work is best untitled, we'll assign it a generic title like "Untitled."

Voting will be done in this thread using a poll.


Contest Schedule

Submissions: April 15th - June 16th
Voting: June 17th - June 23rd
Results: June 24th



Do your best! Don't miss the deadline!
 

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
2,551
Reaction score
1,844
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Is there a limit to characters? Can we really write everything we want?


Like, if i did a parody-review. Would that be O.K.?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Is there a limit to characters? Can we really write everything we want?


Like, if i did a parody-review. Would that be O.K.?
Well, there are not any entries thus far, and so, I would be pleased to see whatever you write. :sweatdrop

We had thought about a character limit, but we decided against it at this time in the interest of seeing how this new contest is received. I hope you don't submit a something the length of a novel, but a parody review sounds like a lovely idea. :thumbs
 

mikirisoul

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
i'd like to join this ^ ^
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is random, but I might as well try this. XD

Title: A letter to a beloved one.
Type: Poem
Description: A poem about a love which couldn't come true because of fate's play. Inspired by an Indonesian novel titled "Autumn in Paris" by Ilana Tan. In this poem, "I" am a boy.

Oh, beloved one.

I'm floating in the middle of doubt.
I pray to the fate to stop her game,
yet also hope that she would bring me
to the place I've always dreamed about.

Is this beauty an illusion?
I have arrived at the place I've always dreamed about.
With my sun and sky,
with my moon and star.
Yes, you.

Where am I to go? Now I'm standing at a junction.
I thought the fate is already bored with this game,
yet she came again and pulled me tight to her side.
I despise myself for being so weak.
I was taken away from you.

And so the realization comes: my time shall end soon.
I've given all up at the end of the road.
I searched, but couldn't find it.
A way to restore the fragments of my heart and dreams that were scattered;
to heal these bloody wounds, yours and mine;
to stop waiting for you.

Ah, dearest one.

Just once, as it would be my first and last.
This I want you to know,
a wish I would not regret:

Be happy.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top