Shounen Storm Riders by Ma Wing Shing

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany


Title: Storm Riders (風雲)
By: MA Wing Shing
Original Publisher: Jonesky (1989)
Target Group: Men, Adults
Genre: Action, Adventure, Historical, Martial Arts, Supernatural, Wuxia
Chinese Release: 73 volumes (ongoing)
MH DB-Entry: http://mangahelpers.com/m/storm-riders
Manga Editors: Manhua-Revolution, mD-xD

Sample Pages:


Description by MU:
Storm Riders takes us on a journey through an amazing world in ancient China where, aside from the hegemony of the Royal Government, an individual and separate society exists: The World Fighting Association. Conquer, a powerful Kung Fu master, aspires to gain control of the Association and assembles the mightiest force of fighters known to humanity. Forgetting the evil deeds he’s committed in his lifetime; he takes on Wind and Cloud, two very talented and young martial artists, as his disciples. His destiny to be the Ultimate Master draws nigh; however, destiny has a will of her own and at the crux of the impending maelstrom blow Wind and Cloud…
 
Last edited:

neitan666718

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Bolivia
If you like the old martial arts films, this is your type of manhua. A lot action, great art and characters. Awesome manhua!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,070
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have not read the manhua but I do recall seeing a drama version of this and I believe it was pretty good interms of story and plot. So this might be slightly off point. Its been a while since I saw the drama so I don't recall too much of the details at this point. The characters and fights were rather good and fun to watch. So the manhua must be a good read, I will also recommend it - based on the drama.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Storm Riders is a big franchise by now. There's three movies, two TV series and a video game adaption.

I saw the first movie of 1998 first and it really caught me. It wasn't utterly good compared to other fantasy movies but I loved the two main characters. The manhua was also the first Chinese comic I ever read and it surprised me so much with its outstanding artwork. Truly recommend for everyone to try out.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I watched the first movie a couple of weeks back. I like plot and the characters. Guess, I need to start the manhua soon.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
This is interesting, i ll start it as soon as i update myself with the other mangas that i generally read
any one interested in online reading can try this out
 
Top