Discussion Strongrst swordsman is in Wano?

Futomimi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know mihawks is the best swordsman but is there a chance theres someone better on Wano? Maybe an old master who put down the sword? Can't think of any foreshadowing of that, but I miss a lot lol. What do you think?

nik87

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
There could be several candidates for strongest swordsman in Wano. I guess King, Shutenmaru or maybe that shadow in the prison.

goldb

Usurped Overlord
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know mihawks is the best swordsman but is there a chance theres someone better on Wano? Maybe an old master who put down the sword? Can't think of any foreshadowing of that, but I miss a lot lol. What do you think?
Better than Mihawk? no, I doubt that. Especially not after he's always been touted as the Strongest Swordsman in the world.

I don't like the idea of some old man who retired but used to be this badass, but there should be very strong swordsmen in Wano. Not sure if we'll ever get an official ranking, other than comparing them against Zoro and other swordsmen we've seen in the series so far.

@nik87 has pointed out a few people who could be candidates to "strongest in Wano"; all the people Kinemon is looking for could be possible names, King too, but also I'm caught in 2 minds about Hitetsu (Tama's master) since he carries a meitou; because Holdem's sword looked like a named sword but he was weak.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
This's obvious. Zoro is the strongest swordsman in Wano, he is the only one capable of finishing off Kaidou.
After how he got handle by Hawkins, I seen him more going after Orochi if his powers are legit. Kaidou is Luffy's main opponent only and think only Kidd and Law will help him fight Kaidou off.

For strongest swordsman could be either Orochi (If legit with his power) or King (Though feel he fight more with his powers than blade looking at him).

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
Better than Mihawk? no, I doubt that. Especially not after he's always been touted as the Strongest Swordsman in the world.

I don't like the idea of some old man who retired but used to be this badass, but there should be very strong swordsmen in Wano. Not sure if we'll ever get an official ranking, other than comparing them against Zoro and other swordsmen we've seen in the series so far.

@nik87 has pointed out a few people who could be candidates to "strongest in Wano"; all the people Kinemon is looking for could be possible names, King too, but also I'm caught in 2 minds about Hitetsu (Tama's master) since he carries a meitou; because Holdem's sword looked like a named sword but he was weak.
WELL ACTUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, i'm just playing lol, but Wano is an isolated country. Mihawk may just not have fought top Wano Samurai, because he couldn't.

Wow this opens up a whole lot of possibilities actually.

I would actually be more okay with us descovering that there is a Wano Samurai equal to Mihawk that Zoro defeats rather than Mihawk being defeated and Zoro defeating the person who defeated Mihawk.

Of course the ideal situation is Zoro vs Mihawk, clean and decisive

goldb

Usurped Overlord
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The strongest samurai in Wano is Fujitora. :lul

Still holding out hope that Fujitora is from Wano. Come on Vivre Card, don't let me down. :hee

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
According to the databook, Mihawk spend his life looking for challangers. He probably has been in Wano plenty of times.

But there could be someone unknown individual who is secretly even stronger than Mihawk.

For strongest swordsman could be either Orochi (If legit with his power) or King (Though feel he fight more with his powers than blade looking at him).
I would find it a letdown if a Yonko commander was the strongest swordman, since Luffy has already surpassed them.

goldb

Usurped Overlord
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WELL ACTUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, i'm just playing lol, but Wano is an isolated country. Mihawk may just not have fought top Wano Samurai, because he couldn't.

Wow this opens up a whole lot of possibilities actually.

I would actually be more okay with us descovering that there is a Wano Samurai equal to Mihawk that Zoro defeats rather than Mihawk being defeated and Zoro defeating the person who defeated Mihawk.

Of course the ideal situation is Zoro vs Mihawk, clean and decisive
It is plausible as most things are, but I still don't like when something like that is introduced in the manga.

I also think though, Mihawk would have sought out any samurai in Wano had he heard there was a strong/worthy opponent there; someone being touted as the "strongest".

Man this really is giving me Vagabond vibes.

TitaniumOxide

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean the strongest here better be strong. Fishmen are touted to be much tougher than humans in land and especially water and their octoswordsman was fodder. They really benefited from Whitebeard's and Big Mom's protection. Wano samurai are supposed to be so tough the world government is nervous to enter the country. Their best better wow us.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The strongest Samurai are probably the trio Kinemon mentioned, but I feel the strongest Samurai villain is Kyoshiro.
The Shogun probably sucks. His design is way too silly. Characters with silly designs can be strong too, but then they lok both silly and badass a la Baron Tamago. Orochi just looks like a loser.

TitaniumOxide

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree. Orochi is not wowing me yet. King might be a samurai... Don't know if he is the strongest swordsman in Wano but he wowed me a lot more with his intro than Orochi's.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Vista's swordsmanship produces cherry blossoms which are traditionally associated with Japan.

If this theory proves to be correct, then I can see Vista being one of if not the strongest of Wano swordsmen, and a worthy opponent for Zoro after he wins the war with the beast pirates.

Other than him I don't see anyone who could entertain lord Mihawk for long.

goldb

Usurped Overlord
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vista's swordsmanship produces cherry blossoms which are traditionally associated with Japan.

If this theory proves to be correct, then I can see Vista being one of if not the strongest of Wano swordsmen, and a worthy opponent for Zoro after he wins the war with the beast pirates.

Other than him I don't see anyone who could entertain lord Mihawk for long.
That's anime only. Probably inspired by his epithet.

Plus we know from the Vivre Card that Vista is from North Blue.

The only one of Whitebeard's commanders that is from Wano is Izo; the crossdresser.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Orochi would've been interesting. His ability is sort like Medusa like with snake heads everywhere. No matter how many you cut, it'll grow back. He may be an interesting choice of opponent.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah there is, he is called zoro
Nah....We need someone who can be actually be swift and not overhype.

After latest chapter, Orochi could be more legit being strongest swordsman in Wano.

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm gonna guess Kyoshiro