Done STUCK and CLUELESS please help

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Here's a phrase I came across more than once and I'm totally clueless of what it means 'なまって'. I'm not sure if it is a word or a phrase, but whatever it is I have no idea, I tried googling it but I can't find a relevant definition.

This is from Hanaukyo Maid Tai chapter 33 page 153

そ そんなすっかりなまってしまいました
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's hard to tell without the raw, but it can be:

namatte = namaru 訛る speak with an accent or dialect
 

AoiKage

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It can be the te form of the verb 訛る (to mispronounce or speak with an accent) or maybe 鈍る (to grow dull, become less capable or to weaken), I was unable to find the sentence in the chapter so I'm not sure which one is correct...
 
Last edited:

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
this was often used when the dialogue is about fighting or training. It could be a mispronunciation or something.

The dialogue of the whole page is this:

Konoe: 警備部を離れてからもトレーニングは欠かしたいなかったようだな

Yashima: そ そんなすっかりなまってしまいました

Konoe: 稽古後のフロはさぞかし気持ち良かろう

Yashima:ああ~~~んコノエしゃま~~ん (lovestruck mode)

Konoe: どうした八島?

Yashima: い いえっ

Note: they are having a conversation while preparing to take a bath and they are both female ^_^;

--------------------------------------

The other time it was used was when Shizuka and Yashima were about to have a sparring match

The dialogue of the whole page is:

Shizuka: 最近すっかりなまってしまってのー

Yashima: そんなあまさかあ

Shizuka: よろしく頼むヤ。シ。マ。サ。ナ。エ。殿

Ryunka: ゲッあの装束は!? (watching from the side)
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Forget about 訛る speaking with an accent. That is 鈍る/can't perform well due to lack of practice.

That なまる is often used in 体(からだ)がなまる out of shape. 
 
Last edited:

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Thank you very much! That helped a lot!
 
Top