Life Studying or Working?

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm quite glad about my course: Studying - working - studying.
Only after full-time working it becomes obvious why studying is so important and how enjoyable it can actually be. So right now I'm eager to start at university.

Obviously, studying is only a tool for finding a good job though. Although I think that understanding and enlightement can be joyfull, too.
 

Mama Satsuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
If I could, I would do neither. But both can be enjoyable, just depends of where I am and with who.

I hated high school, but am loving university. And the only time I actually had a boss, I liked her so much that I tried my best, even thougth it was as trainee and I wasn't to be paid (it was part of my school curriculum)

I just don't like doing much of anything that involves me having to actually move :p but I like learning new stuff, and hard work ennobles the human spirit, so they say. If I get to like it, I can work hard for it.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Knowledge is power. So, Studying.
I never worked before, so my opinion is pretty much one-sided.
Like someone mentioned before, studying is all about racking your brains and simply finding the answer to the question whereas when you work, you have to deal with many kind of things the society throws at your face. In my country, our school is a very sheltered place(IMO) and yet people want to hurry and go out there to work.
Totally forgetting that if they do not excel in studies, they are just a fish in the big ocean.

But it really depends on what field you're in and ofc if you want to enjoy working, then you must enjoy your job. It's the same thing really, if you want to enjoy studying, then you must enjoy uh..studying? O_O
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
If I could, I would do neither. But both can be enjoyable, just depends of where I am and with who.

I hated high school, but am loving university. And the only time I actually had a boss, I liked her so much that I tried my best, even thougth it was as trainee and I wasn't to be paid (it was part of my school curriculum)
In my opinion, being a trainee and being a real-time worker have two different sides of the coin. For me, as a trainee, I was expected to do well from the start. Still, I acted without care of my OJT and they couldn't care less because I was still just a student. During the time I failed in accomplishing the goals of the school principal, my critique/coordinating teacher got reprimanded, instead of me. More than that, I only stayed in my OJT venue for a maximum of 4 hours a day! I thought working life as a teacher will be a sinecure one. :-_-

When I started to work for real, I often got reprimanded - well, not really reprimanded, but rather, pointed out - by my principal. My idea of a sinecure teaching profession when I was a trainee vanished for an instant. :amuse

So I should say, between the two (once being a trainee as part of a school curriculum AND now working real time), I really prefer being a student because I was a free one. Unlike working now, I am constricted with my job and my reputation as a teacher. :amuse

But it was a good thing that I finally learned how to love my job. ;)
 

Mama Satsuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I did get reprimanded as a trainee, it was part of learning from my mistakes; and since I worked doing clinical exams (too late for me to look up the english equivalent of what I did, sorry x_x), such as blood and urine exams for real people, mistakes should be redone until they were right. But I enjoyed it still, never thougth it was easy, hated getting up early on my vacation to do something for which I wasn't being paid, but loved the experience either way. Loved those 6 months more then the rest of my high school :p

But, as I said, I just loved my boss back then enough to do a good job. I was dead set into impressing her. Working for real, if I like the place just as much, I hope to do as well as I did back then, but I am sure after some time I will get tired :o

Well, I compared my high school with my first trainee job. I will say of what I think by comparing university and real job in a few years (only 3, hopefully) , as soon as I finish the first and start the second :nod

Still, I can't choose if I like studies or work better :p For now I will just say that, for me: Study o x 1 Work until highschool, and Study 1x1 Work since then and until now with university.
 

S01

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I like to study while I work.
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Studying while working? How can that be? Could you possibly be...

... a working college student?
... a teacher?
... a lawyer or doctor?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
There's always part-time jobs that works good for students!

Personally I got quite tired at studying so I'm planning on dropping out as soon as I get a job (currently on an epic job hunt!)
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Right now I'm studying, but during the summer I'd like to work to get more experience. (Preferably at my university so I'll still be used to the environment.)
 

soyokaze

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
If I don't have to work, I only want to study.
But sadly reality is so harsh, I have to do both. Still grateful that I can go to school (and YAY for me since I can afford to go this semester)
 

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm studing for the university, but i'd prefear to work (even if at the university i have lot's of "holidays") XD
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im working two jobs right now for a school district where i live but i plan on going back to school in the fall cause i graduated from high school in 2009 and i think its time to go back to school
 
Top