Well, I'm going to start with what I thought the Bears biggest problem was. Rex Grossman. How this guy continues to keep his starting job, I'll never know. He had four turnovers all by himself and they were stupid, dumbass mistakes. He just plain sucks.
I thought the Bears defense did pretty well considering they were on the field for about 80 plays. They kept their team in the game, and gave the Bears a chance to win. But that doesn't matter when your offense can't score.
The Bears special teams overall were pretty good. Devin Hester's KO return really set the tone early, and the Bears kicking game did well.
For the Colts, on offense they obviously played pretty well. They moved the ball better on the ground then I thought they would, and they made the Bears pay for going for the ball instead of going for the runner. Peyton played pretty well overall, making some big throws under pressure.
On defense, hey, most anyone can look good on D with Rex Grossman on the other side. Seriously though, Indy's D stepped up at critical points all game, and of course sealed the deal with the INT returned for the TD. Indy's D has been good all post-season.
Indy's special teams were VERY suspect, allowing a KO return, a missed FG, and a botched extra point, but at the end of the day, it didn't matter.
Overall, I think the better team won today. I figured Rex Grossman would have to play well for Chicago to have a chance and he completely imploded. I'm happy for Peyton. He's a great QB and he deserves to win a championship, and I'm glad he won't have to hear it like my favorite player, Dan Marino, about never winning because his team couldn't get it done. Indy's defense and running game really stepped up this post-season, and it's a well deserved victory.
No matter what happens from here on out, Peyton will no longer have to hear all the unfair criticism about him. Congrats Colts!
By the way, the AFC has won 8 of the past 10 Super Bowls!