Multi Season Sword Art Online

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Well that was 45 of the most boring minutes of anime I've watched in a while. The last 2 minutes was ok but getting there was...

I mean, SAO is a hard sell for me to begin with so maybe for those that like it more it would be more palatable but as somebody who isn't this seemed pretty rough. Also why wasn't LLENN in the SAO part! I take the lack of an easter egg there very personally. They even slipped one in for the SAO game but they couldn't put her name on the top 10 player list or anything?

On the bright side the ED was good. It was probably the most interesting thing about the episode for me

I hate Kirito as much as you do but this is actually the best arc. So you might want to give it a try.
I blame this entirely on you @Sky. If you hadn't said that, I never would have watched this.

I can see it now... the new SAO season starts, the dramatic music sounds and the tagline displays...
“There can be only one..."
That would be so much better.

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Don't say that after two episodes of a 4 cour show.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Don't say that after two episodes of a 4 cour show.
Was that all it was? It felt like days. What year is this?:bored

Seriously, though...

The first like 15 minutes was two kids unsuccessfully chopping down a tree for no reason. Then there was the most Reki Kawahara quest to do something to advance the plot for questionable reasons in a questionable way that takes longer than it should. Followed by a badly choreographed GGO battle scene. Followed by a 10 minute session of classic Kirito technobabble info dump. Followed by 2 glorious minutes of something actually happening.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
Read the novels of the actual best show of the seasons. Index.
Oh, OK. I thought it had something to do with SAO. i may someday get around to reading Index. i know there is a lot more to the story than what's in the anime.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Iirc the Alicization arc isn't even finished yet in the Novels.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
ok... of course it isn't. Anime-only ending here we come.

TrienDarkform

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Canada
What... in the world was that?

That was a ton of setup, which I guess is needed for the story to (hopefully) go in a different direction from previously. "Weird" is the main word in my mind right now.

Some machine that gives me dreams that I don't remember isn't something that I would willingly hook myself up to.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
I found this episode good enough. I like that kind of exposition and I think it's a good sign. It means they are paying attention to the content of the LN. The OP is pretty good.

Eugeo though, is he Kirito's long lost brother or something? I guess he is not Human.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Some machine that gives me dreams that I don't remember isn't something that I would willingly hook myself up to.
Sounds like the perfect interrogation device. no physical marks and little to no mental after effects.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
[QUOTE="Demonspeed, post: 4897280]
Eugeo though, is he Kirito's long lost brother or something? I guess he is not Human.[/QUOTE]

I got the impression that all the characters Kirito interacted with were NPCs. Don't know though.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Sounds like the perfect interrogation device. no physical marks and little to no mental after effects.
[QUOTE="Demonspeed, post: 4897280]
Eugeo though, is he Kirito's long lost brother or something? I guess he is not Human.
I got the impression that all the characters Kirito interacted with were NPCs. Don't know though.[/QUOTE]

There are risks but they asked him knowing who he is and he isn't hiding it so I don't think it's too shady.

I doubt Eugeo is human, but their resemblance is striking. He is literally a blond Kirito.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
ok... of course it isn't. Anime-only ending here we come.
Probably not. It is close to being finished after all.

Just here to share an Alice CG from Fatal Bullet:

Dayum.
Just for the lulz: they even included the Fatal Bullet original characters as a cameo: (The two in the front)

Gotta say that is pretty darn cool.

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
"Oh Kirito I will follow you everywhere"

"Oh Kirito looking at your heart makes me feel good and happy" (that heart app........)

"Oh Kirito you look bad, I want to look after you all the time and make you feel better"

Asuna's obsession with Kirito is so cringeworthy... I just hate it. She's a pretty okay char without him, but if she's together with Kirito I tend to feel like puking and it's only getting worse each season. These two need to be seperated as soon as possible, without each other I can stand the two of them much better.

Otherwise it was an okay start I guess, hopefully it will improve a lot.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Must hack Asuna’s phone and activate the defibrillator functionality. :XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Kirito the Swordsman :hip. I find this arc very interesting so far. He and Eugeo looked more distinctive in this episode.

Time flows differently? Does it mean that if Kirito's theory is correct, Eugeo is a 6 years old kid IRL?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Yeah.. I'm out. I'm dropping the show for now. I just can't do this. Good luck guys.

It looks great visually but the dialogue and plot has too much of the Reki Kawahara stink all over it. I'm just not interested in anything that's going on. To me it's been aggressively dull. I'd have been much more interested in what's going on outside the simulation right now.

Instead it's moving ahead with Kirito and this Eugeo (Alternate spelling of "Yu-Gi-Oh!"? Why Kawahara?:s ) stuff which I'm not going to be able to care about until I'm given a reason to. Instead we're given this really slow bonding thing between Kirito and MaleVillage01. Which is like the single most uninteresting plot move the show could possibly make at this point to me. I can't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)