- Joined
- May 31, 2008
- Messages
- 179
- Reaction score
- 8
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I was just thinking of the previous arc and some things I've noticed.
Karin was supposed to take down Hiruma's tricks (so stated during the Teikoku meeting). They also put a Karin vs Hiruma sign before the match started. However, we didn't really see any interaction between the two and it they pretty much just tossed it out after Karin admitted that tactics wasn't her shtick.
The Eyeshield 21 conflict was not as epic as it could be. I mean throughout the series after Poseidon we're given a hint of the real Eyeshield 21. Even a chapter during the Hakushuu match was taken to introduce us to Teikoku in which even Shinryuuji was made to look like a chump. So the build up to the start of the arc was pretty strong until Yamato showed up. Throughout the series they give us this huge mystery surrounding Eyeshield 21 and then Yamato shows up and says "Sup guys." They probably should have extended the mystery a little longer, like introducing other Teikoku characters to be possible Eyeshield 21 candidates. I think keeping Yamato's face and identity a secret longer would have made the build up better. Yamato should have showed up out of nowhere. This, followed by possibly a Hiruma background introduction of the Teikoku team's players to give us a good feel that he's given a really good look at them.
I guess what I wanted was a much more established feel for the characters. They come into this series with the least amount of face-time so naturally you'd think giving them more face-time than usual would get us to care a little more about them. I know Taka in general was overly hated on at first but now we see him as a more understandable character. Yamato carried the strong guy feel much like Shin or Agon, but he had little personality for us to deem him likable. I think that had we been some of the given the information we learned during the America arc before or during the start of the match it'd have been more appropriate because Yamato is a mere background character at this point.
The whole Monta vs Taka conflict had a much better build-up and an even more enjoyable focus than the Eyeshield 21 face-off. Which to me was pretty anticlimactic because the manga is called Eyeshield 21. I mean Sena and Monta had a fist fight over this whole Honjou shit. You'd think Sena vs Yamato would have gotten some serious highlights too. A nice reflection of Sena's training, the people he's faced, and his own thoughts about becoming the real deal. Suzuna could have played a big role in talking to him. I would think a new-comer like Sena would have some kind of deep emotional epiphany before telling Yamato to shove it right before the match started.
And fucking Monta tossing his glove into the ocean? Littering is a good lesson to teach the good Japanese children you market this shit to Inagaki. >:|
Karin was supposed to take down Hiruma's tricks (so stated during the Teikoku meeting). They also put a Karin vs Hiruma sign before the match started. However, we didn't really see any interaction between the two and it they pretty much just tossed it out after Karin admitted that tactics wasn't her shtick.
The Eyeshield 21 conflict was not as epic as it could be. I mean throughout the series after Poseidon we're given a hint of the real Eyeshield 21. Even a chapter during the Hakushuu match was taken to introduce us to Teikoku in which even Shinryuuji was made to look like a chump. So the build up to the start of the arc was pretty strong until Yamato showed up. Throughout the series they give us this huge mystery surrounding Eyeshield 21 and then Yamato shows up and says "Sup guys." They probably should have extended the mystery a little longer, like introducing other Teikoku characters to be possible Eyeshield 21 candidates. I think keeping Yamato's face and identity a secret longer would have made the build up better. Yamato should have showed up out of nowhere. This, followed by possibly a Hiruma background introduction of the Teikoku team's players to give us a good feel that he's given a really good look at them.
I guess what I wanted was a much more established feel for the characters. They come into this series with the least amount of face-time so naturally you'd think giving them more face-time than usual would get us to care a little more about them. I know Taka in general was overly hated on at first but now we see him as a more understandable character. Yamato carried the strong guy feel much like Shin or Agon, but he had little personality for us to deem him likable. I think that had we been some of the given the information we learned during the America arc before or during the start of the match it'd have been more appropriate because Yamato is a mere background character at this point.
The whole Monta vs Taka conflict had a much better build-up and an even more enjoyable focus than the Eyeshield 21 face-off. Which to me was pretty anticlimactic because the manga is called Eyeshield 21. I mean Sena and Monta had a fist fight over this whole Honjou shit. You'd think Sena vs Yamato would have gotten some serious highlights too. A nice reflection of Sena's training, the people he's faced, and his own thoughts about becoming the real deal. Suzuna could have played a big role in talking to him. I would think a new-comer like Sena would have some kind of deep emotional epiphany before telling Yamato to shove it right before the match started.

And fucking Monta tossing his glove into the ocean? Littering is a good lesson to teach the good Japanese children you market this shit to Inagaki. >:|
Last edited: