Hangout Tenkaichi Kurosuoba - Hangout Thread

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Correct me if i am wrong, but if he gets speedblitzed so that he cant react, this wont help him. 🤔
Let me correct you then, because his ability is passive afaik. He doesn't even have to be aware of the skill being used on him, like the King Crimson shenanigans, and it will still negate it.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Let me correct you then, because his ability is passive afaik. He doesn't even have to be aware of the skill being used on him, like the King Crimson shenanigans, and it will still negate it.
Yeah, Gold Experience Requiem will activate when it senses any harm that is aimed towards Giorno. It's shown to ignore time related abilities, which are usually the ultimate form of speed blitz.

GER would certainly have broken the tournement and could probably even beat a few of the banned hax characters.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
This would be a good criteria for the next time I guess. Reading the list of entries I can see the hax bunch dominating till they meet each other in the branch. :lambirb
It's the main reason I picked Mori Jin to have someone who can hold a candle to these picks.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I was wondering, should we set a win/defeat condition for the matchups?

I say it because theres actual inmortals with endless stamina in the fray so idk how the fights with those can be reviewed. :grumble
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's the main reason I picked Mori Jin to have someone who can hold a candle to these picks.
Dont know enough about that one but looks strong, tho I can only see two or three capable of matching (not beating) Rein so far. I still think he's ban material myself but so should be some other entries so :catshrug
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
IMHO, Reinhart seems fine. He and Jin Mori and Rai are the sorts well suited to this kind of thing. OP but not quite in the realm of "WTF even is this!" The DBZ people and Mazino are like that too.

Same for like Aizen and Gojou who have crazy strong gimmicks which is cool. That's fun OP, I think.

I don't know everybody. So there could be some crazy ones in there somewhere too.

Everybody I mentioned though has zero chance of survival against a certain someone.-_-;
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
IMHO, Reinhart seems fine. He and Jin Mori and Rai are the sorts well suited to this kind of thing. OP but not quite in the realm of "WTF even is this!" The DBZ people and Mazino are like that too.

Same for like Aizen and Gojou who have crazy strong gimmicks which is cool. That's fun OP, I think.

I don't know everybody. So there could be some crazy ones in there somewhere too.

Everybody I mentioned though has zero chance of survival against a certain someone.-_-;
You dont really know how far his abilities go Jams, have you wondered why Pandora never dared to try engaging him in battle?

Explaining his whole kit is spoilers for the next season so even I regret it a bit, but lets just say that no physical/energy type fighter can beat him. So we have to go to the "tricky" ones to see a proper match with Rein.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You dont really know how far his abilities go Jams, have you wondered why Pandora never dared to try engaging him in battle?

Explaining his whole kit is spoilers for the next season so even I regret it a bit, but lets just say that no physical/energy type fighter can beat him. So we have to go to the "tricky" ones to see a proper match with Rein.
Interesting. I don't know how far his ability goes. Can he counter being teleported by into the sun or into a different dimension? Keep in mind this teleport can't be dodged and doesn't require proximity, line of sight, or even knowing where he is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering ReZero, I'm assuming he's immune to magic to some degree?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Interesting. I don't know how far his ability goes. Can he counter being teleported by into the sun or into a different dimension? Keep in mind this teleport can't be dodged and doesn't require proximity, line of sight, or even knowing where he is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering ReZero, I'm assuming he's immune to magic to some degree?
Lets leave the explanations for the rounds but short answer is no, he can't be teleported against his will and is inmune to any kind of ability considered a debuff or buff. :XD

He has a base 80% resistance against any kind of magic but can raise it to 100% depending on the situation so yeah, he's inmune.
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Good to see that people are listing some powers and abilities here. While im familiar with a good chunk of noms, i really dont have the full knowledge what anyone can truly do nor do i have the time to really analyse everyone and search, since im keeping myself pretty busy with life.
... Only yesterday i found out that a demon loli aint only raw power and being all cute for candy lol :xp
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hmm, rereading Midora's feats, might have to ban my dude.
I doubt that. Toriko-chars don’t fall under that category imho.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lets leave the explanations for the rounds but short answer is no, he can't be teleported against his will and is inmune to any kind of ability considered a debuff or buff. :XD

He has a base 80% resistance against any kind of magic but can raise it to 100% depending on the situation so yeah, he's inmune.
We still have to apply that he isn’t unbeatable. Sure by in-universe laws he is pretty beefy but I do see some of the nominated chars being a threat to him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I was wondering, should we set a win/defeat condition for the matchups?
Tbh at the very beginning we thought about adding restrictions to some chars instead of outright banning them. But it would become a huge clusterf*ck that at some point it would be more work than fun.

In the end winning conditions are also rather difficult to set with something like this. In the end it still comes down to favorites after all and convincing others of your PoV.

Of course as I have mentioned before this is the very first time and will be a good learning experience. I am pretty sure there will be a survey of some sort afterwards
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
We still have to apply that he isn’t unbeatable. Sure by in-universe laws he is pretty beefy but I do see some of the nominated chars being a threat to him.
I know I know, Shiraori looks like a potential Rein killer for sure, she's at the very least as busted as him from what Im reading.

He's not just "beefy" tho, Satella is banned and she would tie against him, that says a lot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tbh at the very beginning we thought about adding restrictions to some chars instead of outright banning them. But it would become a huge clusterf*ck that at some point it would be more work than fun.

In the end winning conditions are also rather difficult to set with something like this. In the end it still comes down to favorites after all and convincing others of your PoV.

Of course as I have mentioned before this is the very first time and will be a good learning experience. I am pretty sure there will be a survey of some sort afterwards
Sounds fine, didnt say before but the event looks superfun, thanks o/
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I know I know, Shiraori looks like a potential Rein killer for sure, she's at the very least as busted as him from what Im reading.

He's not just "beefy" tho, Satella is banned and she would tie against him, that says a lot.
Maybe I banned her out of... ... ... envy. :derp
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt that. Toriko-chars don’t fall under that category imho.
Alright, but no take backs! He's in for good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Alright, but no take backs! He's in for good.
If Midora's in he's got my full support.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But seriously, though, isn't he almost as broken as Giorno?
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I have forgotten quite a lot of details from Toriko since i was reading it like an arc a year (at a snails pace, except the final arcs) but i do remember hax characters like Midora and Ichiryu. You have basically DBZ level characters but with super strong hax powers (Hungry Space and Minority World if i remember). Lol and the endgame battles were like, each punch was planetary, it was crazy. I will definitely have to reread the series at some point.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
To me Toriko was always dragon ball fused with shokugeki.
in terms of planet destroying punches, at least UI Goku could do pretty much the same if he wanted to.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But seriously, though, isn't he almost as broken as Giorno?
I have forgotten quite a lot of details from Toriko since i was reading it like an arc a year (at a snails pace, except the final arcs) but i do remember hax characters like Midora and Ichiryu. You have basically DBZ level characters but with super strong hax powers (Hungry Space and Minority World if i remember). Lol and the endgame battles were like, each punch was planetary, it was crazy. I will definitely have to reread the series at some point.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,834
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nice to see the Waifu Wars and Husbando Wars merged into something more inclusive; well done @Sky and the other mods!

Remember to vote for Musashi in this event guys! Show your love and support to the best Saber and Berserker in FGO history!
 
Top