Done Tenkyuugi -Sephirahnatus- 2

Himemo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This manga makes my brain hurt. Some questions:

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/34135/5

2nd panel, first bubble.
ナントカに刃物とはよく言ったもんだな
I have it as like "The somehow-or-the-other weapon is the perfect name for it." That makes no sense though.

Oh! Context. They're talking about the entrance ceremony ritual that happened last issue, and how Nanao got a really rare ability that no one has got for like two hundred years, that can defeat all other abilities. Because everyone in this world has an ability they inherently possess and the ritual was to find out what it is. Yeah.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/34135/7

And I'm not sure if I understand anything on this page.
Here's the text and what I have for it:

1
入学式のアレで師範に目を付けられたお前かけ
Kisa: That thing at the entrance ceremony could have zeroed in on the instructor, but it went for you.

どうにかこうにかなっちゃってくれたりしちゃわないかな
Kisa: It somehow managed to not do that at all.

2
なんて思ってみたらも?た訳だよ
Kisa: Like, when you think about it that way.

3
しかし残念ながらなら何事もないまま今日が来てしまいましたよ
Kisa: Although, unfortunately, with everything going on, today came.

そして何事もないまま明日も来てしまうのでしょう
Kisa: And with everything going on, I'm sure tomorrow will come too.

4
変な予言すんな
Nanao: Don't make weird predictions!!

そしてゼッタイアッ!! と驚くトラフルが
Kisa: ??????

ってか
Nanao: Wha'd you say?



Thank you very much kind people.
 

Meriken

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
79
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ナントカに刃物 refers to the Japanese phrase キチガイに刃物, which literally translates to "Crazy person with a knife." It suggests that a given situation is very dangerous or precarious. 〜とはよく言ったもんだな is a common add-on after a Japanese phrase, and it's a verbal affirmation that a phrase is true or "well said." So Nanao is being referred to as a crazy person holding a weapon, and is therefore dangerous. ナントカ means something-or-other; the character saying the phrase can't recall it exactly, so he substitutes it with "something-or-other."

Can you provide the link to the page? It's hard to follow from just the transcription.
 

Meriken

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
79
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh I didn't realize the links were right there in the first post:p
This is just to give you a basic idea of what's going on. I don't recommend using it exactly, but if you want to, go right ahead.

入学式のアレで師範に目を付けられたお前だけ
The master picked you out during that thing at the entrance ceremony,

どうにかこうにかなっちゃってくれたりしちゃわないかな—
So maybe it would all work out in the end—

なんて思ってみたりもした訳だよ
That's sorta what I was hoping, you know.

しかし残念ながらなら何事もないまま今日が来てしまいましたよ
But unfortunately, today has come and nothing has happened,

そして何事もないまま明日も来てしまうのでしょう
And tomorrow will come and nothing will happen.

変な予言すんな!!
Don't make weird predictions!!

そしてゼッタイ アッ!! と驚くトラブルが
And then something goes wrong, and it makes you go Ahh!!

ってか
I mean... [connects to text on next page]
 
Top