Quarterfinal - Tetsuo Shima vs. Son Goku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Tetsuo Shima vs. Son Goku

Who wins?

• Tetsuo Shima

• Son Goku

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This time I don't see why Goku would have issues TBH.

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can this dude survive the void of space? Although tbf I don't see Goku busting a planet to pull out a win. Then again I haven't watched or read any Super sooo....

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can this dude survive the void of space? Although tbf I don't see Goku busting a planet to pull out a win. Then again I haven't watched or read any Super sooo....
Would he even need it?

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I pick Tetsuo.

Obviously Goku has better feats.
But I think for the sake of making things interesting we should consider the potential of Tetsuo’s powers specifically his ability to absorb inorganic matter.

What if Tetsuo absorbed the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Can this dude survive the void of space?
Tetsuo, yes
Goku, I believe not (unless it has been shown, in Super, that he now can?)

What if Tetsuo absorbed the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?
Firstly, I'm not sure that's even possible for him to do

Secondly, I don't recall it giving him the specific abilities of what he absorbed - but, if it did, how does absorbing a trapped time dimension (or whatever the hyperbolic time chamber is) help him?!?

Tetsuo is at a huge disadvantage for one specific reason - Dragon Ball is a fighting manga, Akira is not
Goku has had plenty of times to show himself fighting with his powers, Tetsuo has not

Also, when Goku was showing his powers, he was doing so against people of comparative/stronger power - so had to pull out bigger and bigger moves to win
No one (outside of Akira) ever came close to providing a challenge for Tetsuo, so he never had to go all out in any of his fights

This makes it very hard to draw limits on Tetsuo - outside of the creation of a new big-bang/universe, which should probably be a bigger release of energy than anything shown by Goku - but could well not be, because of how physics need not apply in Anime...

It's not possible to judge who is the fastest, or has the best reaction times
Tetsuo has been shown to (and stated to) be able to comfortably react to (and move to intercept) things moving at the speed of light - lord knows the speed of Dragon Ball characters, at this point

Both can also teleport around, over very large distances

It's not possible to display who can output the most power - as only Goku ever showed any evidence of him struggling to release more

We've only got what was stated and shown in the manga - and, unfortunately for Tetsuo, due to the nature of both mangas, a whole lot more was shown in Dragon Ball

Does that mean I believe it would be as easy for Goku to beat Tetsuo as some of you apparently do? No
Going by what was stated about the power that Tetsuo wields, it reads like he is using all the power of everything in (and including the fabric of) the whole universe - that's like a universe level spirit bomb of power (or more?) that he can potentially draw upon/use

But, again, nothing in Akira (outside of perhaps the universe creation feat?) that Tetsuo did comes close to showing this kind of power
:noworry

Last edited:

Shinigami769

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Goku wins this no contest. this guy isn't even in the conversation with him. lol

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tetsuo, yes
Goku, I believe not (unless it has been shown, in Super, that he now can?)

Firstly, I'm not sure that's even possible for him to do

Secondly, I don't recall it giving him the specific abilities of what he absorbed - but, if it did, how does absorbing a trapped time dimension (or whatever the hyperbolic time chamber is) help him?!?

Tetsuo is at a huge disadvantage for one specific reason - Dragon Ball is a fighting manga, Akira is not
Goku has had plenty of times to show himself fighting with his powers, Tetsuo has not

Also, when Goku was showing his powers, he was doing so against people of comparative/stronger power - so had to pull out bigger and bigger moves to win
No one (outside of Akira) ever came close to providing a challenge for Tetsuo, so he never had to go all out in any of his fights

This makes it very hard to draw limits on Tetsuo - outside of the creation of a new big-bang/universe, which should probably be a bigger release of energy than anything shown by Goku - but could well not be, because of how physics need not apply in Anime...

It's not possible to judge who is the fastest, or has the best reaction times
Tetsuo has been shown to (and stated to) be able to comfortably react to (and move to intercept) things moving at the speed of light - lord knows the speed of Dragon Ball characters, at this point

Both can also teleport around, over very large distances

It's not possible to display who can output the most power - as only Goku ever showed any evidence of him struggling to release more

We've only got what was stated and shown in the manga - and, unfortunately for Tetsuo, due to the nature of both mangas, a whole lot more was shown in Dragon Ball

Does that mean I believe it would be as easy for Goku to beat Tetsuo as some of you apparently do? No
Going by what was stated about the power that Tetsuo wields, it reads like he is using all the power of everything in (and including the fabric of) the whole universe - that's like a universe level spirit bomb of power (or more?) that he can potentially draw upon/use

But, again, nothing in Akira (outside of perhaps the universe creation feat?) that Tetsuo did comes close to showing this kind of power
:noworry
why would it not be possible for Tetsuo to absorb the hyperbolic time chamber

it would help him because Tetsuo is able to take over what he absorbs. So he could theoretically absorb the hyperbolic time chamber
and significantly increase his powers. Maybe?

Tetsuo should be able to absorb anything made by Capsule Corporation.

Also come to think of it what would happen if Tetsuo absorbed the Dragon Balls (or I guess Super Dragon Balls?)

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
why would it not be possible for Tetsuo to absorb the hyperbolic time chamber

it would help him because Tetsuo is able to take over what he absorbs. So he could theoretically absorb the hyperbolic time chamber
and significantly increase his powers. Maybe?
I don't think that a lack of power is what he's missing here - Tetsuo theoretically has far more power than he needs to destroy Goku

It's a lack of demonstrated feats that Tetsuo is missing

also, as I said, i can't recall it being stated that his absorption works in any way like that

When he was using that power, if I recall correctly, he gained control of mechanical objects other objects just kinda became part of him (even if he can absorb/fuse with inanimate ones, it didn't give him their properties, per se.)

He can make complicated mechanical objects de novo (like his mechanical arm), but that's not what we are discussing here

I repeat, even if the hyperbolic time chamber does work through some controlled process (rather than magic), I still am not sure that absorbing it helps Tetsuo in any useful way Vs Goku

Tetsuo should be able to absorb anything made by Capsule Corporation.
Yep - but again, he's far more powerful than anything he might absorb from them, so dunno how this helps

Also come to think of it what would happen if Tetsuo absorbed the Dragon Balls (or I guess Super Dragon Balls?)
Making a guess/going by how I believe his absorption to work - nothing would change

The power of Dragon Balls seems to be magic based - and this is something entirely foreign to the Akira manga universe (all the psychic abilities that characters use were hinted to be based in scientific manipulation of natural processes/dormant abilities)

Last edited:

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
How old is Goku? Can he die of old age?

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
How old is Goku? Can he die of old age?

Goku is late thirties. 37 I think.
Yes, he can die of old age as per Saiyan rules unless he decides to become a God of destruction or something but by race nature he would. Still can fight till he is old since saiyans keep their youthful appearance longer than humans to be able to keep on fighting and then catch up to age once they are really old.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Campaign
Previous campaign

Actual Campaign

Note: In the video it says he is 43 now but don't know how accurate that is.

About this match there is no trick to it, it is simply a battle of power and Goku is both stronger and more experienced in battle than a 15 year old boy.
Goku has fought all kinds of enemies at this point with a great variety of powers and Tetsuo abilities are no counter to his raw power and experience.

From what I could gather (I don't know my opponent) from my research, Tetsuo doesn't have many abilities than Goku doesn't have either:

"Tetsuo uses telekinesis (on objects and himself), teleportation, mind reading and force field that allow him to survive in space. "
Goku has all those and more. Not sure about the force field but he fought in space before and was quite alright. As for the absorbing things Goku has done that before to some degree as well when absorbing a spirit bomb.

It's a "been there done that, kid".- battle for Goku.

Vote Goku

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
From what I could gather (I don't know my opponent) from my research, Tetsuo doesn't have many abilities than Goku doesn't have either:

"Tetsuo uses telekinesis (on objects and himself), teleportation, mind reading and force field that allow him to survive in space. "
Goku has all those and more. Not sure about the force field but he fought in space before and was quite alright. As for the absorbing things Goku has done that before to some degree as well when absorbing a spirit bomb.
Tetsuo also has matter creation and control, the ability to fuse with objects, regeneration, intangability/incorporeality and [an undefined] control over the laws of physics

Also, when has Goku ever shown the ability to read minds?

I think there's quite a lot that Tetsuo can do that Goku just flat out can't - likewise, I'm sure there's things that only Goku can do

Although I reject the notion of Goku being 'more powerful' - he does certainly have the experience (especially of fighting strong characters) that Tetsuo just flat out lacks

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Whrn he touched Kuririn on Namek, so that we readers dont get a long explanation whats going on .

teamfourstar version 👍

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Whrn he touched Kuririn on Namek, so that we readers dont get a long explanation whats going on .

teamfourstar version 👍
Oooh, you're right - nice

Can he do it from range also, or does he have to touch people's heads to do that?
... also, why doesn't he do this more?!?

You'd think it'd be super useful in a fight

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can he do it from range also, or does he have to touch people's heads to do that?
... also, why doesn't he do this more?!?
Muffinbutton.

No seriously, i think it just was a plotthingy. No feat to be taken in account

Reactions: z.5

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
He read krillin's mind in Freeza's saga but for some reason they never got back to that again.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
He read krillin's mind in Freeza's saga but for some reason they never got back to that again.
Yeah, Sachsenhesse kindly provided a vid [above] - not shocked that I forgot he had done that, considering how random and one-off it was...

Still - doesn't seem like a very useful form of mind reading. It's not quick and does (in that scene, at least) seem to require your opponent standing around and allowing you to touch his face for long enough to do it

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Goku can't. It has been confirmed two more times in Super. Busting the planet would handle Satan the win.

Reactions: z.5

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Goku can't. It has been confirmed two more times in Super. Busting the planet would handle Satan the win.
Tetsuo*

... but aye, if this has been confirmed in Super then this would also hold true for the Satan vs Vegeta fight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.