Discussion - The 11 Supernovae | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The 11 Supernovae

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I am a little disappointed that Hawkins seems like he has some sort of precognitive powers. I always thought a precognitive/psychic DF user would be really interesting, perhaps even a nice addition to the Mugiwara pirates as the ship's fortuneteller (ont that they need one, but it would be something new and Luffy would probably find it cool).

Although I have seen a lot of speculation that Hawkins may ally with the Strawhats (I too thought this), I am beginning to doubt it. Hawkins does not seem like the type of personality who would work with Luffy. (Bonney yes, Urouge perhaps, but Hawkins does not really strike me as wanting to do it.)

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

I never thought of Hawkins as a DF user actually. It'd be hella cooler if he just had precognitive powers without having eaten a devil fruit. I agree that it doesn't seem so likely he'll form an alliance with the Strawhats but I don't care that much. He's one of the supernova I have the least interest in, so.. :p

And I can't see Bonney as the type to cooperate with anyone, she's a real bitch from what we've seen.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany

And I can't see Bonney as the type to cooperate with anyone, she's a real bitch from what we've seen.
She helped Zorro, that's not what a bitch does. It did not seem that she only thought about the admiral danger in that moment.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Really? The way I saw it, it was all so she wouldn't get involved with an admiral.. Anyway, opinions, opinions.. They will oviously meet her again but I don't think they'll form an alliance with her.

Sanji would fall in love with her of course. And get pissed at Zoro because he pissed off Bonney. yay.

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man

She helped Zorro, that's not what a bitch does.
You read that section incorrectly. She did it to help herself. She stopped Zoro from harming the Noble so an Admiral would not get called down on her and the rest of the pirates, she even says dont make it harder for the rest of us.

Darkever

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I doubt any of the supernovas will join the strawhats. They have their own crews and most are already captains. I doubt they would agree being commanded by Luffy! :D

Kidd is probably a ruthless bastard who kills everyone in his path for whatever reason. Of course he must've taken down someone big to get that bounty (a shichibukai maybe? Only Strawhats are dealing with them? :p) but I feel his "Repel" power is also capable of dealing some large-scale damge, for example destroying entire cities like Blackbeard did.

Law has a really cool attitude and probably 200M is a bit low for him. I'd like to see his expression if he faces someone like Ao-Kiji... :p

I really hope Oda gives at least some general details about their adventures, to get an idea about how strong they are. In fact, bounties aren't really a good measurement. Just think that Luffy had "only" 100M after beating Crocodile and Eneru, two extremely powerful logia users. Another example is that Moria had a huge bounty but was completely unable to match Luffy, even after eating 1000 shadows.

JC123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

She did it to help herself. She stopped Zoro from harming the Noble so an Admiral would not get called down on her and the rest of the pirates, she even says dont make it harder for the rest of us.
That and the fact that she is one of the first to leave the island when she catches wind of what the SHs did.

She and Capone Bege are like Buggy for the New World.

Last edited:

Darkever

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

That and the fact that she is one of the first to leave the island when she catches wind of what the SHs did.

She and Capone Bege are like Buggy for the New World.
Eheh, QFT. At least the other captains get interested in the fight, while Bonney and Capone just think about leaving asap.

Btw I wonder when Buggy and Smoker are going to make their reappearance. They are continuously shown in many anime openings even after so much time, not without a reason.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

we probably won't see smoker until the new world or somethink, as he says "i'll crush them in the new world"

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I think buggy's next appearance will be right after the strawhats leave the SA. I think buggy will apear his former superior to ask him for a coating so that he can follow the strawhats.

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Somewhat offtopic, Smoker still has to give Luffy his message.

On topic, I really think Apoo is going to be either the first one arrested or something is seriously going to happen to him negatively.

He decided to stay on the island because he thinks the Marines will ONLY go for the Strawhats', Kidd's, and Law's crew?

Come on... How the hell is he that slow?

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man

He decided to stay on the island
Dont forget that Drake is also hanging around until the military forces arrive. Hawkins is also kicking back somewhere on the Archipelago.

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Drake and Hawkins have plans. Apoo seems indecisive about what to do. That isn't good for a captain.

6thangel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Law seems to be one of Don Flamingo's men. He has a very similar symbol of a smiley face with the spkes on the outside. He also doesn't say a thing while both Kidd and Luffy talk about One Piece. I could see Kidd have a rivalry with Luffy, but Law would just be against him.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Law has the smiley face, Doflamingo has the crossed-over smiley face, so it'd seem more logical if they actually had completely opposite ambitions and views on piracy. I still believe in the theory that the smiley represents the "old age" Gold Roger type of Pirates and Doflamingo's crossed over smiley face represents the new age he keeps blabbering about. So I really don't think Law has any connection to Doflamingo in any way.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I dont think just having a smiley is enough evidence to say someone is on flamingo's side, even ace had a couple of them and he sure as helll wasnt doflamingos follower.

Raysen_ht

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I doubt any of the supernovas will join the strawhats. They have their own crews and most are already captains. I doubt they would agree being commanded by Luffy! :D
I dont think anybody tryed to say that one of the Super Nova would become part of the SH crew, what people meant by "join the SH" was make a pirate alliance against a powerfull common enemy... and i think that's still possible, at Shabondi, at fishman island or the New World!!

I really hope Oda gives at least some general details about their adventures, to get an idea about how strong they are.
I would also love that, and it would help Nami make her World map... if she doesnt get information on the other routes, it will never be complete (unless she travels GL on all the routes, which is 99% inprobable)

Organizized said:
Law has the smiley face, Doflamingo has the crossed-over smiley face, so it'd seem more logical if they actually had completely opposite ambitions and views on piracy. I still believe in the theory that the smiley represents the "old age" Gold Roger type of Pirates and Doflamingo's crossed over smiley face represents the new age he keeps blabbering about. So I really don't think Law has any connection to Doflamingo in any way.
I agree with that. Even WB had a smiley face http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/ (top left, on the serum thing... One like the ones on Ace's hat)! I really think there's a deeper meaning to them. Maybe it has something to do with Roger's dieing with a smile on his face, bringing the pirate era... And WB uses it now as an homenage to his rival, but maybe it is something much more important plotwhise.
Imo the supernovas who has some kind of smile on them, are making some kind of statement (we just dont know what it is yet... but ODA will reveal it sooner or latter)!
I would hate if any of the 11 had a connection to doflamingo

bakura_revenge

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

i dunno if someone have mention this or not, but....
from the manga chapter so far, we can see kid possess the power of magnetism...

but law seemly possess the ability to cast buggy power on someone, should it be more like jenga?

i start to think that after i accidentally read this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/48/18/

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

i dunno if someone have mention this or not, but....
from the manga chapter so far, we can see kid possess the power of magnetism...

but law seemly possess the ability to cast buggy power on someone, should it be more like jenga?

i start to think that after i accidentally read this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/48/18/
Law's ability seems more likely he can freely exchange parts (or all) of something with parts (or all) of something else. He does not seem to just dissect things and then restack them (although he probably could if he wanted). I am interested to see the extent of his powers, i.e., can he use them only on people (switching their body parts with other things), living things, solid objects, etc. or perhaps if he can use his power as a form of teleportation (switching someone's entire body with something else).

c0nflikt

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think the smiles have to do with the the pirate types that where described way back in romance dawn. one type of pirate pillages, kills, and robs. While the other type defeats other pirates and goes on adventures. I don't remember the whole explanation but it was something like that, you gotta reread romance dawn the one that shows that nami looking chick with the sword.