Discussion The 11 Supernovae

JC123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
731
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Peace Maine - Adventurer pirates not interested in treasure.

Morgania Pirates - Fight for treasure and are greedy.
 

c0nflikt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
513
Reaction score
59
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Peace Maine - Adventurer pirates not interested in treasure.

Morgania Pirates - Fight for treasure and are greedy.

Yeah i'm sure the smiles probably have something to do with this, and Oda will probably reintroduce this concept again later.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I hope not. What I like in OP is that there is no really clear border between good guy or bad guy, depends on perspective. Kid for example, we know he killed civilians, and thought he was a bad guy, but after his New World/Pirate King speech, I doubt that not many of us consider him as a villain. We see him more as an rival,but not an exact bad guy.

I think every crew has their own moral senses, similar or not to some other crews, there might be some mainstreams though. Creating such a stiff and boring segregation would be, in my opinion, just lame. I believe thats why Oda dumped that idea first place. Now the characters seem more humane, as they are not directly good or bad.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Law's ability seems more likely he can freely exchange parts (or all) of something with parts (or all) of something else. He does not seem to just dissect things and then restack them (although he probably could if he wanted). I am interested to see the extent of his powers, i.e., can he use them only on people (switching their body parts with other things), living things, solid objects, etc. or perhaps if he can use his power as a form of teleportation (switching someone's entire body with something else).
What I noticed is that he uses his katana to slash people up. His "room" seems to bend laws of physics. It's like he has complete controll inside it, and is protected from attacks comming from outside, as seen when Kuma tried to laser him down.
 

neomaster121

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
815
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I tihnk hawkins is being undestimated and i think his role will come in fishman island
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

What I noticed is that he uses his katana to slash people up. His "room" seems to bend laws of physics. It's like he has complete controll inside it, and is protected from attacks comming from outside, as seen when Kuma tried to laser him down.
Hmm... So, what you are proposing his ability is would be complete reality manipulation within a given space? Wow, that would be interesting if his powers were of that scope. I was not thinking that he could do more than spatial manipulation, but perhaps you are right and he can do a lot more inside of his "room" than that. Of the paramecia-type abilities displayed thus far, Law's definitely has me most intrigued.


I tihnk hawkins is being undestimated and i think his role will come in fishman island
In what way do you believe Hawkins is being underestimated? (I have seen him judged to have precognitive abilities, which would be a pretty interesting power.) And what role do you theorize he will have on Fishman Island?
 
Last edited:

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Hmm... So, what you are proposing his ability is would be complete reality manipulation within a given space? Wow, that would be interesting if his powers were of that scope. I was not thinking that he could do more than spatial manipulation, but perhaps you are right and he can do a lot more inside of his "room" than that. Of the paramecia-type abilities displayed thus far, Law's definitely has me most intrigued.
<hr noshade size="1">
It's confusing really. He can slash with his sword from a distance and he can switch places of different objects. Normally, I would have thought that it's some kind of time stop, since there is no blood, but then again, that marine was perfectly aware and could even talk.
I'm sure there will be a perfect explanation sometime, but now, I can't even begin to think how his power works.
A while ago, I had a crazy idea that maybe his sword had a power of his own, but I don't think so.

And I don't think he can completely bend reallity inside that thing. That would be too scary. It's scary enough as it is.
 

JC123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
731
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I hope not. What I like in OP is that there is no really clear border between good guy or bad guy, depends on perspective. Kid for example, we know he killed civilians, and thought he was a bad guy, but after his New World/Pirate King speech, I doubt that not many of us consider him as a villain. We see him more as an rival,but not an exact bad guy.

I think every crew has their own moral senses, similar or not to some other crews, there might be some mainstreams though. Creating such a stiff and boring segregation would be, in my opinion, just lame. I believe thats why Oda dumped that idea first place. Now the characters seem more humane, as they are not directly good or bad.
I don't think the whole world would fit into being either a Peace Maine or Morgana pirate. :p

I think it's more you can classify the Strawhats as more Peace Maine since they like the adventure more than the treasure (though Nami is another story)

But the fact that it's becomeing more that they have to fight different crews on different levels does raise the level of intrigue.
 

kaizokumarcee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Have any of you guys noticed that Apoo has two elbows on each arm?!?!?:blink Cool.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: The 11 Supernovas

wow ... I'm amazed.
that his arms are long was kinda obvious, but the ellbow...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Have any of you guys noticed that Apoo has two elbows on each arm?!?!?:blink Cool.
I had noticed it, but I had not really thought much of it. I would imagine that having a second set of elbows would enable him to perform interesting martial arts, but beyond that, I don't see much amazing potential with it. You, however, are the first person I have seen to be excited about it. So, would you mind sharing why you find Apoo's arms so interesting? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am actually interested to know if you have any theories on what potential Apoo could have beyond martial arts.)
 

JC123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
731
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Hard to grab him. And he may be able to, literally, throw his arm out as a projectile.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I didn't notice it actually ^^ I guess Apoo has never had problems scratching his back ^^

(I know, quite a spam but I had to say it ;))
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I guess that means his bones can't be broken. That's a good thing for a melee fighter.
Also, if you think about it, having multiple elbows or knees can seriously enhance someone's punching or kicking power.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The 11 Supernovas

And gives him more limbs to be broken. :D Must really hurt to have 4 broken elbows instead of 2. Maybe he has more knees too.
 

kaizokumarcee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The 11 Supernovas

I had noticed it, but I had not really thought much of it. I would imagine that having a second set of elbows would enable him to perform interesting martial arts, but beyond that, I don't see much amazing potential with it. You, however, are the first person I have seen to be excited about it. So, would you mind sharing why you find Apoo's arms so interesting? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am actually interested to know if you have any theories on what potential Apoo could have beyond martial arts.)
Well, i just thought it was a cool. :p

But now that you guys mentioned it, yeah, another set of elbows will give you more movements than a normal set of elbows would allow. Like lickin your elbows or something. Plus, the power would be greater. But I don't have any other ideas than martial arts really.
 
Last edited:

JC123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
731
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The 11 Supernovas

Schabrak, the more joints you have, the less likely they'll be broken. Think if someone wrapped his arm around his back. He could probably smack the person upside the head while getting part of his arm free. :p
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The 11 Supernovas

He's from the longarm tribe. Longarms don't just support themselves. I mean, what would you do with a ridiculously long forearm besides break it? Hopefully he doesn't have a DF and we can actually see a pirate captain without a DF. Unlike the others, having longarms makes him more a candidate to not have a DF.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: The 11 Supernovas

+ long arms means no long legs. there are 3 GL tribes described through their body parts:
long arms, long legs and long nose neck (Usopp joke :D)
I think martial arts is scary enough with arms like that (more joints = more movable = unpredictable where he hits?) I'm curious whether these 'normal' supernovae get animated. they got one hell of a job there with shabondy (at least if it's supposed to look good :blink)
 

kaizokumarcee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The 11 Supernovas

He's from the longarm tribe. Longarms don't just support themselves. I mean, what would you do with a ridiculously long forearm besides break it? Hopefully he doesn't have a DF and we can actually see a pirate captain without a DF. Unlike the others, having longarms makes him more a candidate to not have a DF.
The longarms don't have long forearms, they two sets of forearms (i think). But that's what makes his arms long.

I hope his arms bend to the opposite angle, that would make people stop thinking about breaking his arm. :p
 
Top