The 2009 Summer Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Summer Art Contest

i have only two questions:

1.where do we have to put the credits for the people whose lines we were using?

2.do we have to post our pic in the art contest thread after we allready posted it on the MH photoblog?
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

i have only two questions:

1.where do we have to put the credits for the people whose lines we were using?
Write it on the space reserved for the description. :)

2.do we have to post our pic in the art contest thread after we allready posted it on the MH photoblog?
Nope, just being in the photoplog is fine. You can post there if you want though...

I must stress: only posting it on the thread is not enough. Every entry must have been posted in the photoplog, ok guys?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Elkin

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
80
Reaction score
22
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Are we allowed to submit old art? Or perhaps art that hasn't been posted on MH (done by ourselves, of course).
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Sounds great Agrias, I really like the categories and formats of the contest :luv
Plus the prizes are really interesting.
Probably I'll participate too
 

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: The Summer Art Contest

By the way, is your avatar and signature from Angel Densetsu? XD
Yeah.. one of the funniest series ever:D The signature is partly Gash Bell though.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Are we allowed to submit old art? Or perhaps art that hasn't been posted on MH (done by ourselves, of course).
Yup, if it hasn't been used in any of our contests before, I see no problem.

Buuuut having something special only for us would be awesome though...c'mon, you have tons of time, why not give it a shot? :3 One of the contest's goals is to produce new art, after all =]
 

Elkin

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
80
Reaction score
22
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Yup, if it hasn't been used in any of our contests before, I see no problem.

Buuuut having something special only for us would be awesome though...c'mon, you have tons of time, why not give it a shot? :3 One of the contest's goals is to produce new art, after all =]
;_; The contest ends just when my life stops being so hectic... Right now, life + translations are taking up all of my time.
 

rosette_garden

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Summer Art Contest

hiyahh~!! I am a new member .. I am kinda being requested by my friend to register here just because she wants me to join this contest ... so anywayzzz can U draw it on the paper and scan it? can U use Photoshop? and do I post it here when I am finished ??? oh and can U post as many as U want ?? sorry I am new here so I don't know anything..
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

hiyahh~!! I am a new member .. I am kinda being requested by my friend to register here just because she wants me to join this contest ... so anywayzzz can U draw it on the paper and scan it? can U use Photoshop? and do I post it here when I am finished ??? oh and can U post as many as U want ?? sorry I am new here so I don't know anything..
Wow, welcome! It's really cool that you signed up just for the contest, hope you have fun!

Yup, you can do it in any way you want - scanned, digital, photoshop, take a picture...just click here, read each category description and rules and send your submission to the one that fits your drawing :)
 

Silversakura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
269
Reaction score
47
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

So as for the Amateur Coloring selection, when you say we need to know who traced/cleaned it, is that in reference to who scanned it? As in, the group who did so? I just want to be sure before I submit it.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Yup! That's it. If you get a clean, state who cleaned it. Scan, who scanned it, an so on.
 
Last edited:

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Summer Art Contest

General question to the lineart contests:
If I draw something and submit it is it allowed to trace the lines with software to look better or just scanning it?
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest

General question to the lineart contests:
If I draw something and submit it is it allowed to trace the lines with software to look better or just scanning it?
If it's your own drawing you can do whatever you wish to it, doesn't have to be pencil only or such. Trace it, color it, do whatever you want.

That warning is only there to avoid people getting official artwork and such, tracing it and calling it their own.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

This idea for the3 contest sounds awesome, it should garner a lot of interest and should be a success.

Unless I don't win anything, then it's an unmitigated failure.
 

naruto+4s

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Summer Art Contest

My upload isn't showing -_-
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Bumping this thread up.

IMPORTANT!!
All entries should reach us by 8th September , GMT (+0) time. Go here to see the time in your timezone. So, don't miss the timeline yeah?? :amuse
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Summer Art Contest

I can't enter even though I have my entry finished. :( I've been in China for the past month and I forgot to bring my external HDD that had a copy of the finished product on it. By the time I go back to California voting has started. Glad to see that there are so many entries this time around though, congrats on the success!
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Eh....how could you do that...the contest started in mid July and you could have submitted something before you go to China. Anyway, I'll hope to see your entries in future. ^^


Glad to see that there are so many entries this time around though, congrats on the success!

The credit for all these planning goes to Agrias who did a lot of thinking and revamping it. :thumbs

And I saw a lot of good entries too, competition is stiff in a few categories. All the best everyone! :tem
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: The Summer Art Contest


To vote, select a category, view the entries, and click the "Vote for this submission" button under the one you liked, simple like that!

The only category with a different voting system is the Manga/Comic one, head for its thread for more info :)

Voting ends on Sept 23rd, so choose well! :D


On other news, we're sad to inform that no voting is gonna be held for both of the Coloring Battles and the Creativity Contests, due to lack of participants. We want to hear your inputs on this - should we kill those categories, stick with them, change something? We got a bit sad over this, as the Coloring Battle was created due to user requests, and the Creativity one was just something new we wanted to test...

So comment, please ^^
 
Last edited:

Elkin

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
80
Reaction score
22
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Summer Art Contest

Hey, just noticed... the artists themselves can vote on their own entries =O Is there some way of fixing this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top