Request The ability to edit messages in Conversations

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So i'm sure we've all had the problem when we're talking in conversation with another user when you accidentally make a stupid typo or something, and then have to make another post explaining the typo or something of the sorts.
I'm pretty much asking if it's possible for Xenforo to enable editable posts in Conversations
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
I though about it too, in a situation when i need it, BUT, think about it, having the ability to edit a private message could cause trouble and confusion between users, private messages being a permanent text is okay how it is, if anything, check carefuly before sending them.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
It seems, unlike posts, XF doesn't keep edit histories of conversation messages, allowing such an option may result in PM abuse, as Battousai said, it may be more trouble than it's worth.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I see. Ok that makes sense I suppose
 

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
170
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I agree that editing PMs after a while might've led to abuse, but is there really no option to edit them while they're still unread by the recipient? I might be mistaken, but I think I saw that feature on IPB. Perhaps it's on XenForo too.
Another way to prevent abuse would be settings a "grace period" for editing PMs, for example we'd only be able to edit them within first 3-5mins.

Also, there are XenForo addons that add the Conversation Edit History feature.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Yes, it seems one of the add-ons we use indeed adds this feature. We updated this add-on and installed another add-on for improving the conversation system, we may make some changes soon.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yes, it seems one of the add-ons we use indeed adds this feature. We updated this add-on and installed another add-on for improving the conversation system, we may make some changes soon.
I see the change has been approved. Nice one :verily
 
Top