- Joined
- May 28, 2008
- Messages
- 16
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Hello all!
I'm bajuwa, a Chinese to English Translator =)
I don't have many translations up yet, but I've got quite a few projects lined up for the near future ^^~
As for my translation background, it pretty much all centers around my love for languages =P
Unfortunately, my family only speaks one language (English), so I wasn't born with the massive language opportunities that many others have, but I've done my best so far!
It started out with French classes that started in middle school, and continued until the end of high school (as required by my countries education system). I loved the class, but I felt French/latin based languages just wasn't my thing.
Then I decided to learn Japanese because I was getting impatient with manga releases and thought that I might be able to be part of the Edited Manga/translation process ^.^ Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a schooling opportunity in Japan like I had planned, but instead I was able to get into a program that took me to China to study the language!
So here I am, in China, learning the language and hoping to improve my skills as a translator!
Although I only know simplified at the moment, I'm self studying traditional characters by using these manga translations xD
Once I return to Canada (my home country), I plan to pick up Japanese again, and also some Cantonese courses that are based in traditional characters so that it helps with my kanji =)
(also want to learn korean some time too xD)
Below are the projects I'm working with my current group: Muda Scantrad
All translations will be kept reserved until the official release of the chapter is made.
That way no one beats us to the punch on any of our releases =P
Current Projects:
Enchanter
Upcoming Projects and "Hopefuls":
Blazer Drive v7
Exorcist
Magic Kingdom
Good Luck, Mage King!
Other:
Angel Myth - This isn't a Muda project, rather a series I translated beforehand and would like to finish (eventually)
I'm bajuwa, a Chinese to English Translator =)
I don't have many translations up yet, but I've got quite a few projects lined up for the near future ^^~
As for my translation background, it pretty much all centers around my love for languages =P
Unfortunately, my family only speaks one language (English), so I wasn't born with the massive language opportunities that many others have, but I've done my best so far!
It started out with French classes that started in middle school, and continued until the end of high school (as required by my countries education system). I loved the class, but I felt French/latin based languages just wasn't my thing.
Then I decided to learn Japanese because I was getting impatient with manga releases and thought that I might be able to be part of the Edited Manga/translation process ^.^ Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a schooling opportunity in Japan like I had planned, but instead I was able to get into a program that took me to China to study the language!
So here I am, in China, learning the language and hoping to improve my skills as a translator!
Although I only know simplified at the moment, I'm self studying traditional characters by using these manga translations xD
Once I return to Canada (my home country), I plan to pick up Japanese again, and also some Cantonese courses that are based in traditional characters so that it helps with my kanji =)
(also want to learn korean some time too xD)
Below are the projects I'm working with my current group: Muda Scantrad
All translations will be kept reserved until the official release of the chapter is made.
That way no one beats us to the punch on any of our releases =P
Current Projects:
Enchanter
Upcoming Projects and "Hopefuls":
Blazer Drive v7
Exorcist
Magic Kingdom
Good Luck, Mage King!
Other:
Angel Myth - This isn't a Muda project, rather a series I translated beforehand and would like to finish (eventually)
Last edited:
Where are you staying in China, or do you move around a bit?

