Theory The Battleship Yamamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhkharu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Okay this is a theory I have that has to do with the current Bleach storyline.

Background info: The Battleship Yamamoto was the most powerful and largest battleship ever constructed. During World War 2 it was destroyed and in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong) it's destruction is seen as the end of an era. The era being Imperial Japan.

Here's my theory: Having the same name and same characteristics as the battleship, I think Yamamoto is dead. I think Kubo is drawing parallels between Yama's death and the destruction of the battleship with both being the end of an era.

In Bleach's case perhaps the end of the shinigami era and the start of something new. Maybe the acceptance of hybrids (vaizards) into the ranks of the shinigami and many of the taboo's of the shinigami society being broken. Maybe I'm reading to deep into things, but everything I've seen draws me to this conclusion. Including what I see as a revolution, betrayal and the deaths of so many people on both side (maybe). The central 46 is dead, Yamamoto is dead (maybe). And with hints toward the "King" of Soul Society in Aizen's sights.

It looks to me like there is a revolution going on and there will be a lot of changes in SS after this war. Whether they be what I think or not. There HAS to be some kind of change in SS. With their governing body dead and possibly the death of their head general... There is NO WAY there can't be any changes. How will Soul Society govern itself with the death of the central 46 and the death of Yama?

Like I said, this is just a theory, feel free to discuss and shoot my theory down, it doesn't matter to me either way. Maybe I'm reading to far into things or maybe I'm drawing parallels to things that don't make sense...
 

DEATHBOTT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
526
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

locke002paul

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
369
Reaction score
196
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

locke002paul

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
369
Reaction score
196
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

clodhopper

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
242
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Akhkharu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Eddy01741

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
341
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Akhkharu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top