- Joined
- Jan 6, 2006
- Messages
- 127
- Reaction score
- 26
- Age
- 48
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
@Nami.
Hi! to answer your questions. real life is fine. My health has gotten much better, though my eldest son just got conjuctivitis yesterday. He'll be out of kideragrden and pool for about a week.
-Um, my favorite shoujo/josei mangas. I have a lot. Some that are finished and some that area still ongoing. I'm a sucker for romance. ★The first ones that pop up to mind are Hana yori Dango (which I discovered thanks to njt) ,Fruits Basket, Hot Gimmick , Hachimitsu to clover and Koucha Ouji. Right now I'm following:
-Gakuen Alice (obviously^^)
-Hoshi wa Utau~Twinkle Star~(Newest series by the author of Fruits Basket)
(Both are published in Hana to Yume Magazine, which I only buy when GA chapters are published. WHen I do buy, I enjoy also reading V.B. ROse and Shiawase Kissa 3 chou-me)
-Otona Pink! (only 2 chapters have been pulished for the moment. It's in Margaret Magazine. I was reading that to see how Parfait Tic! finishes. That's how I dicovered this new series. Looks like it's going to be one of those Teacher-student love triangles.)
-Honey Hunt by Aihara MIki (author of Hot Gimmick) Right now I hink this is the shoujo series I'm most into. (It's published in the monthly CHeese! magazine, known for its's mature shoujo authors like Shinjo Mayu and Kayono. But for the moment Honey Hunt has nothing "sex" about it except for one far away view of half a boy's but crack.)
-Clover
-Houkago Hokenshitsu (another raw I discovered off of UDAN)
-Boy's Este (this one is REALLY fun. lots of laughs, tons of handsom boys! sexy jokes. A midnight live TV drama will be starting this July on Japanese TV.)
☆talking about live dramas, the live version of Hanakimi will be starting this July too with the very handsom actor Oguri Shun (who played Hanazawa Rui in the live drama of hana yori dango)☆
Question 2: for the moment I'm only thinking of working on Gakuen Alice, unless some people can find the scans of some shoujos I also follow and they want translations and summaries. But I don't intend on getting grouped up with Manga Editors for any project. After experiencing translating for groups, I decided I prefered going on my own pace, and leaving my stuff free for all.
-To translate a Gakuen Alice chapter really depends on how much talking there is. Some chapters are full of 2page no texte scenes while others may be crammed with text from start to end. Generally I take about 2, or 3 hours. I usually translate directly while reading from the magazine.
-You like Naked Ape too? yay! Naked Ape is a group of 2 ladies, one writes the stories the other does the art. For the moment as Naked Ape they only have 2 mangas: SWITCH and DOLLS. My favorite is SWITCH (which btw the end is near. it was anounced in the Gfantasy magazine, in which it is published, that they've begun publishing the last saga.(in the same magazine, I recommend the series Nabari no ou, Kuroshitsuji and Zombie Loan-anime coming July 13 on tv-) For the moment 10 volumes are out. Vol. 11 should be out by Autumn. In total there should be 12 or 13 volumes to this series.
DOLLS has only 4 volumes and is still going strong. (Dolls is published in the magazine ZeroSum, which also publishes the highly recommended series Amatsuki, and Landreall.)
Naked Ape first started out as simple Doujinshi artists, their Doujinshi name is Acute Girls. They've done Doujins of Naruto, Death Note, Eyeshield21and many more. ALL BL. The girls of Naked Ape are big BL fans.
★☆★☆
@gleine020104
Hi!
1. I've been married for over 7 years now, have 2 sons. Eldest is 5(going on 6 this nov.9) and youngest is 2. I'm expecting my third child due around Dec.5. Don't know if it's a girl or boy yet.^^
How I mannage my time?, well I'm mostly busy taking care of the kids and the house. I think that takes most of my time. When I'm too busy, I simply don't translate. Sometimes I'll take a few hours in a row and tranlate a whole chapter, but other times I'll take 2 or 3 days and translate or summarize during spare time, maybe 10-20 minutes a day.
-I don't usually think of Gakuen Alice as being difficult to translate. But I do get stuck sometimes when the autor uses Japanese expressions or jokes which just don't work in english. Ch 81 has a good example of this with a joke she does by rhyming words....which just don't rhyme and aren't funny in english. the manga only comes out 1-2 times a month so translating/summarizing new chapters isn't a big deal.
2. Hobbies?...............Well I think reading manga is probably my biggest "get away" for relaxation. I love to listen to music. I often have music on all day in the house. I used to work as a designer, so I sometimes still draw during spare time. Going out with the kids and friends, getting together with friends for tea while our eldest children are at kindergarden....
But it's all if and when I have spare time.
Hi! to answer your questions. real life is fine. My health has gotten much better, though my eldest son just got conjuctivitis yesterday. He'll be out of kideragrden and pool for about a week.
-Um, my favorite shoujo/josei mangas. I have a lot. Some that are finished and some that area still ongoing. I'm a sucker for romance. ★The first ones that pop up to mind are Hana yori Dango (which I discovered thanks to njt) ,Fruits Basket, Hot Gimmick , Hachimitsu to clover and Koucha Ouji. Right now I'm following:
-Gakuen Alice (obviously^^)
-Hoshi wa Utau~Twinkle Star~(Newest series by the author of Fruits Basket)
(Both are published in Hana to Yume Magazine, which I only buy when GA chapters are published. WHen I do buy, I enjoy also reading V.B. ROse and Shiawase Kissa 3 chou-me)
-Otona Pink! (only 2 chapters have been pulished for the moment. It's in Margaret Magazine. I was reading that to see how Parfait Tic! finishes. That's how I dicovered this new series. Looks like it's going to be one of those Teacher-student love triangles.)
-Honey Hunt by Aihara MIki (author of Hot Gimmick) Right now I hink this is the shoujo series I'm most into. (It's published in the monthly CHeese! magazine, known for its's mature shoujo authors like Shinjo Mayu and Kayono. But for the moment Honey Hunt has nothing "sex" about it except for one far away view of half a boy's but crack.)
-Clover
-Houkago Hokenshitsu (another raw I discovered off of UDAN)
-Boy's Este (this one is REALLY fun. lots of laughs, tons of handsom boys! sexy jokes. A midnight live TV drama will be starting this July on Japanese TV.)
☆talking about live dramas, the live version of Hanakimi will be starting this July too with the very handsom actor Oguri Shun (who played Hanazawa Rui in the live drama of hana yori dango)☆
Question 2: for the moment I'm only thinking of working on Gakuen Alice, unless some people can find the scans of some shoujos I also follow and they want translations and summaries. But I don't intend on getting grouped up with Manga Editors for any project. After experiencing translating for groups, I decided I prefered going on my own pace, and leaving my stuff free for all.
-To translate a Gakuen Alice chapter really depends on how much talking there is. Some chapters are full of 2page no texte scenes while others may be crammed with text from start to end. Generally I take about 2, or 3 hours. I usually translate directly while reading from the magazine.
-You like Naked Ape too? yay! Naked Ape is a group of 2 ladies, one writes the stories the other does the art. For the moment as Naked Ape they only have 2 mangas: SWITCH and DOLLS. My favorite is SWITCH (which btw the end is near. it was anounced in the Gfantasy magazine, in which it is published, that they've begun publishing the last saga.(in the same magazine, I recommend the series Nabari no ou, Kuroshitsuji and Zombie Loan-anime coming July 13 on tv-) For the moment 10 volumes are out. Vol. 11 should be out by Autumn. In total there should be 12 or 13 volumes to this series.
DOLLS has only 4 volumes and is still going strong. (Dolls is published in the magazine ZeroSum, which also publishes the highly recommended series Amatsuki, and Landreall.)
Naked Ape first started out as simple Doujinshi artists, their Doujinshi name is Acute Girls. They've done Doujins of Naruto, Death Note, Eyeshield21and many more. ALL BL. The girls of Naked Ape are big BL fans.
★☆★☆
@gleine020104
Hi!
1. I've been married for over 7 years now, have 2 sons. Eldest is 5(going on 6 this nov.9) and youngest is 2. I'm expecting my third child due around Dec.5. Don't know if it's a girl or boy yet.^^
How I mannage my time?, well I'm mostly busy taking care of the kids and the house. I think that takes most of my time. When I'm too busy, I simply don't translate. Sometimes I'll take a few hours in a row and tranlate a whole chapter, but other times I'll take 2 or 3 days and translate or summarize during spare time, maybe 10-20 minutes a day.
-I don't usually think of Gakuen Alice as being difficult to translate. But I do get stuck sometimes when the autor uses Japanese expressions or jokes which just don't work in english. Ch 81 has a good example of this with a joke she does by rhyming words....which just don't rhyme and aren't funny in english. the manga only comes out 1-2 times a month so translating/summarizing new chapters isn't a big deal.
2. Hobbies?...............Well I think reading manga is probably my biggest "get away" for relaxation. I love to listen to music. I often have music on all day in the house. I used to work as a designer, so I sometimes still draw during spare time. Going out with the kids and friends, getting together with friends for tea while our eldest children are at kindergarden....
But it's all if and when I have spare time.
Last edited:



