1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!

3. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  4. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  5. Nominate your favourite moments and characters in Fairy Tail as we celebrate the completion of the series.
  6. The Waifu Wars 2017 have reached its climax! Bring the salt and cast your votes!
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion The Demon clan

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by oxtopus, Jan 23, 2017.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    That is, if a goddess can resist the curse. From what I gather ever merlin herself was speculating when she said that. Of course, it is possible that it is true and that would hint to merlin being related to the goddesses. However even then this situation is weird considering merlin speaks of immunity rather than merely lifting the curse.

I am not sure of how the bit about merlin being able to heal relates to merlin potentially being a hybrid though. What do you mean here?

2. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    We know for a fact Goddess could at least heal people (we don't know about reviving) so if Merlin can't heal & only Goddesses are able 2 resist Commandments then she has to be a Hybird of at least a Goddess & a fairy, a giant, or a human.

Now if you think Merlin was guessing when she said that leaves even more question because I don't think the person who want 2 learn everything will make such a guess with nothing 2 back it up.

3. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    How did you get fairy in the mix here? Besides, it's not only goddesses who heal people anyways. Druids do it by drawing power from nature (which merlin can't do), goddesses do it by using their powers of light or whatnot. With fairies we have seen at least two healing methods. First is king's pollen garden which provided some light healing and pain relief and then gloxinia's moon rose which is at least comparable to goddess healing though he does not quite have a supply of nectar to give around and it seems to drain him significantly.

Well, but look at what ultimately happened regarding galan's curse. Merlin had to actually remember who she was and her immunity because she forgot. merlin isn't infalible and her making an educated guess is not something to be held against her.

4. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    I didn't say only Goddess could heal just that we know Goddess could heal & we don't know if there is a difference in the way the Goddess heal compare 2 the Druids so we can't argue this.

And don't forget Merlin forgetting things in the moment is part of her character.
    • Weak Point: Once she concentrates on something she forgets everything else around her
    But it's not even like im faulting Merlin if she was guessing about the Goddess being able 2 resist the Commandments if it was a guess it's just I don't see Nakaba throwing that line out there if it was wrong from Merlin.

5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I didn't understand it like that but they can fight against Stigma and still be against the DK.

If Belialuin was a person and a Demon/Goddess, his/her partner was most likely from the other clan. She talked about human lifespan but I don't think she was trying to say her lifespan was the same, she was basically talking about life being finite, even Demons and Goddesses die of old age(when Ban asked her about her race, she dodged the question). Grayroad said she is Human but the Godess twins said her race is unknown, she is definitely not Human, and the former realized that later, I guess he assumed she was Human because it's what made more sense.

As for the Black Knights being similar to Dawn Roar, even though overall they were not that strong, they have Slader, who is still just below the previous GHKs Dreyfus and Hendrickson. His PL is higher than Hendrickson even.

6. nuur mohamed

nuur mohamed Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Just have to say you calling the 10 Commandments trash was funny because it's true and yes I think it's a perfect opportunity for nakaba to redeem himself and to make a actual threat for the 7 deadly sins that the 10 Commandments clearly failed in doing.

Xenotosgolgia and oxtopus like this.
  7. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil

PLEASE PLEASE I WANT THAT METAL GIANT TO APPEAR SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH , I always loved his design.

On the topic, I wonder one thing: What about those "sub-races", aka the sentient beings who are not counted as part of the 5 major races?
    Like Zhivago´s, The Goblins who also appear in the image above, and the vampires?

Maybe the 6 Black Knights could also be from a sub-race? Or they could be a independent unit, because if I remember correctly, it was said that the 10C were the strongest demons directly under control from the demon king. Tho I would find it bad for the author to introduce a group foreshadowed only by word play.

They could also be Humans infused with Demon magic (basing myself also on the image up above), because it was stated that humans back then were stronger, and a hybrid of weak human and weak demon (hendy) was able to go what, 5-8k? (dunno if his power level was ever shown), so maybe Stronger human of the past + Direct "bleassing" of the DK = 30k´s + monster?

EDIT: Also, with Merlin´s father/mother being something that even the 10C fear, I don´t find it unlikely that there are demons stronger than them. The 10C are still very powerfull, and they are probally the only survirvors that we have seen so far, so Meliodas taking the preucation to form a group to counter them is not a exageration. Had it not been for him, humanity would´ve been screwed.

Also, we don´t know when in the war they were sealed, the Godsses forces could´ve been exhausted from defeating the Black Knights (or any other group of demons), and sealing them was all their streght at the time could to (think Sarutobi vs Orochimaru from Naruto)

8. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    This is from the Wiki,
    "The Six Knights of Black「黒の六騎士 Kuro no Roku Kishi」 are a group of warriors from the Demon Clan, but whose strength pales in comparison to that of the Ten Commandments".

So it's clear they are not as strong as the Commandments.

9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    This is a wiki. The one who typed this is not Nakaba. It has not been said that they pale compared to the Commandments in the manga.

oxtopus and natsulucy like this.
  10. natsulucy

India
    Is it really?I didn't know this part.Thanks for informing me this.

Though i doubt Nakaba will suddenly make them stronger than 10C.When we have royal family members leading the Commandments.

11. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    Hey did anybody ask @FKS what was the original translation.

12. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Jaimini's translation says that the forces of Stigma are also having difficulties against some demons called the Six Black Knights - there doesn't seem to be any comparison to the Ten Commandments there, but who knows.

Demonspeed likes this.
  13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    That would be more interesting if it was the case.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  14. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    I just saw the pg but isn't that a comparison by saying the forces of Stigma got "completely wipe out" by the Ten Commandments but they are only "having a pretty hard time" against the Six Black Knights. Don't that imply the Ten Commandments are stronger.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/203/page/3

natsulucy likes this.
  15. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    The Ten Commandments are stronger, I'm pretty sure. The Six Black Knights seem like a new formation or another, second powerful group besides them, that's all.

16. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    So either these Six Black Knights are the B team 2 the Ten Commandments or they are just some strong demons who came 2 together 2 help because it seem like these Six Black Knights are not that know.

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    It implies that they are new. And perhaps not that powerful as a group, definitely below the Commandments. There are plenty of things that we don't know about Stigma and this era but the powerhouses are Mel, Dolor, Gloxinia and the Archangels, Humans are stronger overall, but Rou doesn't seem to be a their level.

We will most likely learn more about them if there is a Gowther or Merlin flashback. Gowther could even be one of them since he already left.

natsulucy likes this.
  18. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

France
    When I was translating the MK script in French, I had the fairy say the Stigma forces fought quite a fierce battle against the Six Black Knights (this also works the other way).
    And we know they got crushed by the Ten Commandments. That's why we assume the SBK are inferior to the TC in strength. There's nothing implying how new the group is though.

19. natsulucy

India
    Well i think 10C are the strongest.Since the start it has been mentioned that they are the strongest among the Demon Clan personally handpicked by the emperor.

20. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    [Theory]
    Since Indura transformation is dependent on power lvls, I'm just going to assume that certain lvl Super Demons have mastered such a form, bending it to their will instead of being subjected to being mindless beasts.

[Analysis]
    We know drinking Demon blood can affect behaviours. The HKs drank red Demon blood & underwent a metamorphosis. Those that were weak perished, but those that survived gained power & became very aggressive in nature—just like Demons without at least a PL of 50k would eventually perish using Indura, but those with 50+k would survive & gain power but behave like very aggressive beasts.

Had the HKs drank a grey Demon blood, most would've perished, but those that survived would become even more aggressive (like Grey Hendrickson).

So I think it's safe to assume that the factors which influence the rate of a successful Demon transformation includes; determination (maybe Spirit stat), power levels and (possibly) aura ominousity.

[Test Subjects]
    - Galan can drink Red & Grey Demons all day and he won't add anything to himself except maybe weight and size. His PL won't chance as him drinking greys & reds is tantamount to a man used to drinking very strong liquor suddenly having light wine hoping he'd get drunk. However, if Galan drank something like an Indura's blood, he's likely to get intoxicated, pass out (maybe die). This is due to Indura's massive PL & potent ominous aura, making their blood very toxic indeed.

-Monspiet can handle Indura as he has the prerequisite; however, when he utilises it, the beast within takes ahold of his mind.

- Estarossa can handle Indura, & probably much better than Monspiet because his aura, spirit & PL are superior to Monspiet.

-Demon KIng & Meliodas (prime) bend Indura to their will, thus making them the Supreme Demons of Darkness. It's also possible that they can remain in a state of Indura always as they've become accustomed to that lvl of Darkness
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Extra]
    Indura mode is described as a state in which a superior Demon (50+k PL) would form a contract (or something like that) with the Darkness, consequently revealing their more primal instincts.

Therefore, the more a Demon becomes accustomed to the Darkness, the more Darkness he/she could absorb & command. The 10C always leaving their Demon mark on is one means to become accustomed to the Darkness & grow—they'd become stronger & their auras more potent. Zeldris' (& maybe Estarossa's) mark might undergo a metamorphosis, becoming something like current Meliodas' mark. Eventually, he might be able to bend Indura to his will and become a Supreme Demon of Darkness.

Last edited: May 24, 2017