Games The Devil May Cry Thread

Sasuke_Kai_92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
England
It would have been good if Quicksilver or Doppleganger was used in DMC4 again. Quicksilver the electric guy and he would have no chance...

Erm, I havent reached that far on Heaven or hell mode. I just beat Dante with Nero in their second fight, but what I wanna know is. If you can kill anyone with 1 hit, how are you gonna do it when you are on the platform of the sparda statue? Is it that you can destroy 1 blue gems in 1 shot? Or what?
 

Marq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
629
Reaction score
119
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty much. Just avoid getting hit though. I died like 2 times against that bastard.

edit: Actually I think I just pelted bullets and then he went into his CHARGING BIG LAZZZZZER MODE, and then just pelted him again and he died.. so i don't think you need to aim for the gems.
 

Streifen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
504
Reaction score
4
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
another thing is about his Royal Guard(not Isshin): when he changes to royal guard, he won't attack you, never, but never attack him with red queen: he'll defend all of your attacks and will unleash royal release, and you'll know why this is the most powerful attack in the game, hehe, instead, use DT and snatch, because in RG you can buster him freely!
uhhh.... i was fighting dante yesterday and i totally forgot your warning... and there i used red queen combo while hes on RG.... you what really sucked?... only 1/3 of his life is remaining and i still got full then he used R. Release on me... i got too excited and forgot all about it... wtf... -.- it really sucks when the cool things you use with dante is used on you..... -.-; its good enough that he doesnt use the yamato jump cancel...
 

Streifen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
504
Reaction score
4
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey DMC fans out there, you might wanna check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfOS1OoCMk

there might be some of you who wants to join this uber cool event.... good luck to those who are planning to join...

BTW.... the girl BREA and MONBAN are really good.....
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Game was amazing. Not saying I just played it, bought it when it came out. Too easy I tell you, every DMC game there is, its always challenging. When it was heaven and hell mode, man my fingers were aching lol. Now that was hard.

Anyway, there's probably a confirmed rumour that DMC5 is going to come out. The story still needs to be explained a lot. BRING BACK VIRGIL!!
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I loved DMC! O_o Dante is so cool :XD I especially loved his attitude in DMC3 and DMC4(with a bigger accent on the 3rd one, he just got a bit too perverted in the 4th lol :p)

And I want Vergil back too! He was THE single most toughest boss EVER in the series :o:o:o
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Dante is still the best by far. Nero is reaching up to his level as well, I mean he is preety funny in DMC4. Lol.

In DMC3 had to fight Virgil like 3 times. The toughest was when he had the gsauntlets, he was practically invincible there. :| Still ain't played DMC3 special edition where you get to PLAY as Virgil. But with the storyline he would be fighting hiw own minions. Dont know how they did it in the special edition.

I miss Jester :(. Not the bold guy, just Jester. xD
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I found the gauntlets the easiest version of Vergil lol, his range wasn't as bad and he was predictable >.> Last fight with Vergil on anything above Hard mode is EVIL O_o Especially if I have no items :oh(yeah I know, I suck so much I need items lol :XD)

For the special edition, you DO fight the minions if that's what you're asking. Same story, but with Vergil. There's a different opening scene to put it into context that the storyline happens prior to the Dante one and you(Vergil) have to best the Temen no Gri and its guardians before you can reach your goal(since the bad guys aren't Vergil's minions but the tower's).

Nero fails because he has no styles >.> Even Vergil had styles lol(more like one but still) :p I'm kidding,I I like Nero :tem
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Fighting Vergil right at the end was the easiest fight ever, even in HARD MODE. xD

I found DMC4 harder then DMC3, especially that flower/plant lady that you gotta fight. The one who is a serpent/dragon type thing lol. She was a pain in the ass. Died like 20 times as Dante . I sucked at that. xD

So who is the villain in the special edition version? Virgil himself? :P So he is fighting himself, right? I get it now

Nero is awesome. Don't worry. In DMC5 he will top Dante ;)
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
he's impossible in DMD >_> I still can't dodge his final hit on that combo(the stab thrust), he reaches for me even when I'm halfway across the arena -_-;

The flower lady was an easy boss I found >.> On Dante she's a bit trickier since you can't just grab onto her as easily, but it's still manageable. Really, big bosses are usually pretty easy since they're easy targets. It's the smaller ones which cause me a pain in the butt since they actually tend to doge.

Oh and the last boss is Dante IIRC. Mind you, I haven't played Vergil in forever. I just know that he's a lot easier to dodge with than Dante's trickster.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
He is dead easy . I can dodge him with my eyes closed and still be able to fight him off. LOl.

The flower lady reaches me everywhere. She is dead hard man. Have you played heaven and hell mode in DMC4? One hit from the enemy and you are dead lol. I died like 100 times. I hated the electri guy in DMC4, he just keeps , well i forgot what he does but i know he was a pain in the ass as well. He was harder then most of the bosses. xD They should make a live action movie of DMC, it would be excellent. The series has gone very popular.

We are great to keeping this thread alive. No one has posted on this since like a year. xD
 
Last edited:

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
lol well to each his own I guess :p

And yes, I've played just about every mode on DMCs 1 through 4. I usually start on the hardest mode I can get prior to unlocks and just go from there.
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Aff, time to post some update here, lol

finally after one year, I've finally reached S ranking with no damage for all the missions in DMD on DMC 3 with vergil and DMC4.

Man, this is so troublesome, my fingers weren't responding anymore, and stage 6 on DMC4 is the hardest to take no damage, aff.. damn sword-birds...
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
That's one thing that DMC does. Aches your fingers for ages, fighting the electric guy, when I finished him my fingers were literally numb. As someone commented the difficulty of the game "Nowadays games tend to give you a helping hand when playing but DMC would throw a million demons at you when you only have 5% health left". Damn right. But still, the best hack n slash game ever.
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
DMC still rocks, despite making your fingers ache lol :p

I like the recurring theme of Dante always being impaled by something lol :p And let's not forget the totally unrealistic and impossible feats they do(catch bullets with a sword and then propel them at the enemy so that he can proceed to slash them in half lol :p)

Who's your favorite DMC character/boss guys?
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Oh yeah thats another thing. The graphics /scene quality is amazing. All the tricks and shit they do, wow. Especially in DMC4 when Dante gets that weapon which turns into a gun, fires bullets everywhere. xD True, and Nero taking the piss out of Agnus because of his stuttering. LMAO! I laughed at that lol.

Fav DMC character is Dante.
Fav villain is Vergil.
Fav bosses are mainly from DMC3. Like Cereberus, Jester, and from DMC4 it has to be the frog. :P

Yours?
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
My favorite character is obviously Dante(although I like his DMc3 version most, DMC4 seemed a bit too lecherous lol :p)

my favorite villain is also Vergil (yay! :tem)

My favorite bosses were also from DMC3! That game had really neat ones lol :p I like Beowulf & Nevan particularly.

If I have to class them by game I'd say my favorite boss in the 1st one is Trish, 2nd one is the Despair Embodied, 3rd one is Beowulf & Nevan, 4th one is Berial.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Oh no, please don't mention Nevan. That brings me back to the day when I kept getting kissed by her and then died obviously lol. Seriosuly, one sexy, but fatal kiss from her kills you! She was so damn hard, forgot to write her in my last post and fav villains..damn.

Mind you, ain't played DMC 1 or 2 cause my PS2 went bust when I got the PS3 lol. Trish is that blonde chick, right? Ain't she Dante's mum? How could she be a villain then..

In DMC4 it has to be the toad and forgot to mention, the flower lady. She was like Nevan lol. Hard to kill.

Favourite weapons?
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I learned after the 1st time that kiss=BAD from Nevan lol :XD Overall though she was a nice character. I found her voice acttress matched her quite well ^^

Trish is made to look like Dante's mom yes, but she isn't herself Dante's mom sooo yeah lol :p She's not exactly a villain either since she joins up with Dante in the end >.>

My favorite weapon has to be Beowulf gloves lol :p Those things helped me out in many many places lol :p
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
I thought like she fell in love with Dante. :P So I let him and her finish the business, and then, game over lol. But the weapon you get is wicked! Beats any Guitar out there in the world.

So..technically..Trish ain't a villain is she? :P She was seen in the last scene in
DMC4 with Dante, when Lady enters his shop.

Same, the gauntlets were awesome. Shook the whole ground when you use them. Favourite style has to be quicksilver, that white horse was easy lol. All you had to do was dodge him when he is charging at you, attack him and done. You got a new style. So cool when everything is so slow, that's how I finished Virgil so easily at the end. xD
 
Top