Games The Devil May Cry Thread

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
there been that much uproar that on capcom forums capcom staff had put input (also Ninja Theory has blocked new member joining and there forums have crashed).

capcom said-

THIS IS A FULL REBOOT

everything has been scrapped..Dante is not a devil he a expirement wanting revenge (cliche)..this dante is only a small part of DmC.



the reason im irked is yes the character design dante si one most reconized Capcom icons like Ryu n Ken from Street Fighter.

but also the trouble i dont like is again Capcom is not making a game they just publishing it..and ninja theorys games arent good they poor God of War copies..they slow n framerate issues are abundant even in there lastest game Enslaved...

i just dont understand why capcom dont make there own games anymore just pass them on to 3rd rate desginers...the fact they done this is to increase sales not make a game for fans..

i admit it need some changes to gameplay..but this aint good so far

best thing at moment is all the jokes n parodys that appeared after a day..gota be a new record for this reaction
 
Last edited:

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Listen I love Capcom as much as the next guy, but I do think they have self destructive tendencies when it comes to their franchises. Plus they're all about the money with their incessant need to charge us for downloadable content that is included on the game cd anyway.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People need to step back and calm down. I see people complaining that this Dante looks "emo" or like a "Twilight character". People obviously are obviously ignorant to the punk aesthetic of 70's/80's Britain. Think Johnny Rotten. Also if it's a reboot bring it on, nobody was going to touch on what should have followed Devil May Cry 2 and the story had become disjointed anyway. If it is a prequel then that's all good too, he's 16 at the most in that trailer so it would take place before DMC3. Who's to say Dante wasn't a wayward teen?
Yeah I'm totally ignorant to that style. I'm glad it kinda diminished decades ago so I don't have to be annoyed by it these days. It's just not what I'ld every be able to accept as cool, it only looks... disgusting? Well that's an extreme word but kinda describes my view on it.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Horses for courses dude... I think the look is pretty cool for the character.

Having said what I had before, I have to say that if this is indeed a complete reboot then I will sorely miss the original cast of the series. I mean would it really have been so hard to write a game about a devil hunter that took place in hell? Because that's where are sequel for Devil May Cry 2 would've taken us. I know Dante's character in that game was off, but all they had to do was retcon his character and all would be good.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
i agree see what happens..but the change of a ICON is not good to me.


but ninja theorys back catolog are not good in my opinon..

heavnely sword can be beat in under 4 hours first time you play it.
controls are clunky n frame rate trouble when 6 or 4 people on same screen

enslaved there latest that aint out yet seems the same.

i think if capcom coundt be arsed they should give it back to kamiya (he did create DMC n Resident Evil) over at platnuim games..they got the gameplay sorted Bayonetta.

oh yea reminds me NEXT IS RESIDENT EVIL FOR A REBOOT god knows what that gona look like

best thing i love are the parodys they still coming

anyone ever seen a game hated so much from a debut trailer?

 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't Kamiya and his team get shafted by Capcom? They don't deserve him to be honest. They should've given it to Suda51 in my opinion, I'd like to see what he would have done with the series.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Didn't Kamiya and his team get shafted by Capcom? They don't deserve him to be honest. They should've given it to Suda51 in my opinion, I'd like to see what he would have done with the series.
yea he made DMC 1 then capcom behind his back made DMC2 which was a fail..he let that slide then they screwed him off half way thru RE4 n DMC3 ..suda51 be epic there new games look as mad as there other games

kILLER 7 best game on ps2 no doubt.

the history now makes me laugh

DMC started the intrest in hack n slash..DMC2 failed God of War became sonys DMC released..then DMC3 came out showed it the best..ninja theory did Heavenly Sword which is a GOW clone which was a year late n not good..DMC 4 capcoms 4th biggest selling game..ninja theory making Enslaved n after playing the demo people calling it another GOW clone...so the game that re invented hack n slash has become GOW clone


more parodys..i love when people due hitler rant vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdTsDOUnR4

only way i can get along with the mess they made so far is by trolling it
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Playstation Blog has interviewed the DMC team about the game.

Apparently, they changed his appearance to "toughen him up".
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
not trolled DmC for a while

forgot to comment bout that interview where they claim Dante is soft...getting stabbed 4 times by swords..punched in face n beaten up every game means he soft ?



http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/ninja-theory-old-dante-isnt-cool-anymore

interview with everyones character deisgner and boss of NT Tameem Antoniades

he claims old dante aint cool anymore after 12 years.. (devilmaycry was out in 2001 so not good at maths)...he also boldly claims that Bayonetta aint cool either (nice dig at Kayima there who was acutally sticking up for them but meh)..what he means by not cool is the music,setting n outfit they beleive is not good for DmC...the devilmaycry gothic setting was cool and the soundtrack is good bit metal n opera music but hey what do we know eh.
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?
It's Hollywood so it will be an unmitigated disaster. The dialogue will be cheesetastic and you best expect a hell of a lot of slow-mo to sped up action sequences. The movie will also be peppered with references to the games that make little sense giving the context.

Oh and no matter who they cast as Dante he will not be good enough.
 

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?
A Devil May Cry movie? Bad. A Devil May Cry movie made by the same losers who did Resident Evil? FAIL.
 

Ochiru

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Messages
72
Reaction score
24
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Has to be best Hack and Slash game ever created so far I just love it the story yes maybe bit too repreative to itself but hey the action is just simply greatest in the world you can just feel the characters power and the easyness while you still get exicted when slaining the demons off you just get hyped up go crazy and shoot and slash the f#¤k out of those demons!With all those great acrobatic skills and the handling of the sword along with that Dantes four different styles always make it worth seriously you can do such great combos with those.For my favourite weapons I would have to say the twin guns and rebellion just makes it cooler in my opinion.I love so far the story since well you simply cant beat those witty,sarcastic and funny comments of Dante which always crack you up added to Neros rebellious,loudmouth,tough guy comments being plain badass.So far for Devil May Cry franchise my favourite list would be
1.Devil May Cry 3
2.Devil May Cry 4
3Devil May Cry
4.Devil May Cry 2
 

Antiheld

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It's Hollywood so it will be an unmitigated disaster. The dialogue will be cheesetastic and you best expect a hell of a lot of slow-mo to sped up action sequences. The movie will also be peppered with references to the games that make little sense giving the context.

Oh and no matter who they cast as Dante he will not be good enough.
Oh god. Hollywood should never make movies of any good animes/games etc from Japan. It's a mess. I f I remember Dragonball Evolution I really want to throw somthing hard in the producers faces. Or throw them against something hard. Like the moon.


By the way, does anyone want to buy the HD-Collection? Since I have an own Xbox now, I thought about to buy it, if it realeases.
 

Roman

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 29, 2011
Messages
4,052
Reaction score
1,048
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
New DmC Game from Ninja Theory

Hey guys. I started this since I can't find anywhere on the forum topic specifically about the upcoming game. Now I'm a huge fan of the games and story, beat all the games, became a pro at the game-mechanics. The story had its good and bad moments but which story doesn't, right? Still playing the games today and I think they'll never get boring.

Now the new game is about to be released and it's getting pretty bad reactions (although the more trailers come out, the more people are starting to like it). They stated this game is a reboot of the previous ones but it seems like it's more like a remake. The story, the characters, the plot, everything has changed. At first I was skeptical because they completely changed Dante's appearance and the devil trigger looks too ordinary. But as they reveal more, I'm starting to like it. You could see from the gameplay videos that the game-mechanics are more or less the same as in previous games, you could also see some signature moves like Prop Shredder and Drive. The world in which the story is set is awesomely made and I personally like Dante's attitude as it's one of the things they haven't changed, more like improved. The sound and the atmosphere are dark and very well done.

Even though the game received negative impressions even before it's been released, I think the game is gonna blow our minds. What do you think?

SPOILERS AHEAD

New trailer came out yesterday and revealed that the boss from the Order is Vergil. Yes, Dante's brother Vergil. Vergil was my favorite character from the previous games so I don't particularly like the change in his attitude. Though I like his looks and thanking God that they kept Yamato with him. I think it's gonna be interesting to see how the brothers work together to bring the end to demons since they always battled against one another in previous games.
 

Sonia Khan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
353
Reaction score
57
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
NO HOLLY WOOD plz dont, after what you did to KOF and Tekken, please dont ruin this one of my favourite game plz :(
 

shahdan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2012
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
So...dead thread? Anyone tried the new DmC yet? I will buy it in a day or two. Looks sweet. Thank goodness they are improving upon the glaring short-comings of previous DMCs.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Last night I had a dream that I was playing DmC. It's not often that I dream about playing games (right now the only one I can remember is me playing FFVII), but yeah I am pretty excited about playing the game. I was one of those that was very skeptical about the game when it was first announced, plus I hated Dante's new look, but now I really want to play the game. What can I say, it looks great!
 

shahdan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2012
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
^ I had a hateful relationship with the whole 'new concept' as well. To tell you the truth, I feel really stupid now after I look at my reactions way back then. The game looks phenomenal and Dante looks pretty cool in my humble opinion. Way better than the cliche personified original Dante.
 

The Red Dog

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
France
^ I had a hateful relationship with the whole 'new concept' as well. To tell you the truth, I feel really stupid now after I look at my reactions way back then. The game looks phenomenal and Dante looks pretty cool in my humble opinion. Way better than the cliche personified original Dante.
Euh sorry but is'nt it the others way around ? and I don't know what is "Cool" about a punk spouting "F**k you f**k you" left and right,not a tidy bit of charisma,just the regular hollywoodized "bad boy"

On the positive side the graphics & concept looks awesome,as well as the gameplay but they f**ed up pretty big time with their ugly "Dante" I'm glad sales ar'nt doing too well for them.that'll teach Crapcom some about reboot.I'll be getting the games but after a good price cut.
 
Top