The Djudge Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Djudge Thread

JadeSpirit

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi Djudge,I've been reading your translations for a few months now...I've been wanting to thank you for the great job on the translations for a long time,and when I came here as a lurker every week,I'd tell myself that one day,I'd sign up to thank you.So..here it is!~Thank you for all the great translations you've done,and keep up the good work :) Your effort is greatly appreciated by people who can't understand Japanese,i.e myself.Best of luck,and thanks once again :amuse

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ahh!! i am glad more fans are thanking D. I hope D stays translating forever!!!
D- arigato gozaimasu :p

Djudge

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
BACK IN BLACK

One massive multiple hard-drive failure, three fifty hour work weeks, and a car transmission rebuild later...

I finally have time to get back to translating on a regular basis. Thanks for hunting me back down Gold Knight, I probably wouldn't have placed my return on a higher priority if I didn't see someone going through that trouble.

Scripts done for [Isane]'s wonderful color project will eventually be posted here on MH as well.

c240 and c241 scripts will be posted shortly in the forum that MH has as my personal archives.

c242 and c243 will be done by AkiDot tonight and will get posted tomorrow afternoon.

c244? This week? I THINK SO! (though I may have to be posting as late as Sunday from now on, I'll be back to a weekly schedule; catch-up sucks.)

Anything else probably died along with the hard drives a month ago... I'll try to get back up to speed, but weekly chapters take priority at this time.

Cheers,
D/Aki

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I was wondering what happened to you and to some other translators. The important thing is that you're back! :whoo

Why did you change your name to D (Mk. II)?

Djudge

Translator
Reaction score
Because I'm crazy Ayah. :smile-big

Umm, but yeah after this MonsterTM-induced caffiene high dies down I'll probably go back to being Djudge again. Or not.

Heck, my partner may even decided to jack the account name. (Or start her own like a NORMAL person). :amuse

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
EEH!!! You're back!!!

We missed having two translations every week. Hope everything's alright, and that the rush of having too many to translate not get to both you and aki's head. :wtf

And welcome back. ^_^

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn I wondered where you have been...good to see that you're back!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Welcome back Djudge! :D

It was definitely worth hunting you down ;) Your translations are priceless.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No matter what I do, there's no way I could thank you enough for your translations. Like GK said, they're priceless.

On to the questions:

- Your favorite characters in Berserk?
- What do you like more, xxxholic or TRC?
- What's the most attracting thing about Hellsing manga?

and welcome back Djugde, we truly missed you.

Djudge

Translator
Reaction score
=O questions, eh?

D-Side:
1. Good question; while Guts certainly gets my vote because the manga's primarily his story, I'd also like to toss a nod towards the EMPEROR OF TERROR, Ganishka. The guy's evil in the way that Griffith isn't, and I've always had a soft spot for maniacal tyrants.

2. Yuuko's the only one for me ^__^;

3. I have to say it's the atmosphere; something about the manga has permeated into the character designs and backdrops seen throughout the series. It's not really pure evil per se, but a much... cooler maliciousness; definitely groovy.

Aki-Side:
1. Hihi! Oh, umm, never really got caught up, but I loved Schierke, and the two elves, Puck and Evarella!

2. Faifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifai---- [xX];;;;;;

3. Mr. Hirano really loves tight shots to increase tension in some scenes, but what I really like the most about Hellsing is how/when people get off'd. [oO] (The timing and situation is always picture-perfect, a sign of great pacing by the artist).

Yoshitsune

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
explain this "partner" of yours....
is it just business?

Djudge

Translator
Reaction score
Yoshitsune said:
explain this "partner" of yours....
is it just business?
It's more of an apples and oranges thing... except the apple is a stressed out underpaid senior retail employee and the orange is a slightly hypomanic international relations student. We both have sweet tooths for manga obviously, but when it comes to translation we've only been doing this for a short while.

Back before I went to post regularly here at MH, I had been doing a few impromptu translations using my limited Japanese over at BF (I'm sure you can still find them there if you search hard enough). Since I was running into a couple of stupid errors here and there and couldn't divert more time away for self-study, I ended up contacting the only real fluent speaker I knew. So now, the scripts that go out under this online handle are much more accurate than they have been in the past and work out MUCH more smoother with a proofreader on call more often than not.

If she never ends up signing aboard here at MH independently, feel free to reach her at her public screen name (AIM: AkiDizzled) or on IRC's Rizon, IRChighway, and neovanglist servers (IRC: lpyon).

Then again, she knows my login information here at MH so she may even come and nudge you first!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Heh, interesting. I didn't understand it before, but there's two minds behind all your translations, eh? Well, can't argue the effectiveness of that at all.

I've caught up to TRC, and have only recently heard about xxxHolic (from another translator I just recruited here) so I suppose I'll check that out. ANOTHER MANGA!!! Tell me, wise one(s), when will my manga-reading days finally end? :D

Oh, and a fun question: what's your opinions on the Espadas at the moment after events of 244?

Yoshitsune

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
>dj
I remember your old scripts, you kinda made me want to start translating manga. I used to see your Bleach translations for the chapters (never read them since I don't read the manga), but I was inspired to translate :)

I even IMed you once so akwardly, loser-kun~
or, you were added into a convo with someone else from BF
Do you still even go to BF?...hehe, I kinda vanished and reappeared at NF

Djudge

Translator
Reaction score
Gold Knight said:
Heh, interesting. I didn't understand it before, but there's two minds behind all your translations, eh? Well, can't argue the effectiveness of that at all.

I've caught up to TRC, and have only recently heard about xxxHolic (from another translator I just recruited here) so I suppose I'll check that out. ANOTHER MANGA!!! Tell me, wise one(s), when will my manga-reading days finally end? :D

Oh, and a fun question: what's your opinions on the Espadas at the moment after events of 244?
*Heh, it won't end if you're talking to translators man! Another one to pick up on would be the work that Null, Mangazero, and Blackout are doing for Dragon Head. And if you have the time, definitely check out Hiroaki Samura's romantic comedies in Ohikkoshi (just released by Dark Horse). It's definitely a different cup of tea than his much more well-known Mugen no Jyuunin (Blade of the Immortal).

Hmm, the Espada as of late... Most of them are actually disappointments as villains in my opinion with the exception of Ulquiorra and Grimmjow. Then again, we haven't really seen them en masse so I guess I'd be hasty in calling them throwaway characters. Still, it's a downside when you have a saturated cast like you do here in Bleach.

Yoshitsune said:
>dj
I remember your old scripts, you kinda made me want to start translating manga. I used to see your Bleach translations for the chapters (never read them since I don't read the manga), but I was inspired to translate :)

I even IMed you once so akwardly, loser-kun~
or, you were added into a convo with someone else from BF
Do you still even go to BF?...hehe, I kinda vanished and reappeared at NF
Ah shucks, well I never really actively tried to go out and inspire anyone, but I'm glad you I was able to spark your muse to start up for you.

Heh, as for BF? I admit that I haven't been there for a while given the injury I just recovered from and the burnout that started even before that. I guess like you, I vanished and reappeared, only here at MH.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I had no idea that Hiroaki Samura was doing some other manga than BotI! I'll have to try it (though romantic comedies aren't exactly up my alley, but I'll look into it anyway.) I'll look for Dragon Head as well.

Miss seeing ya around here Djudge, but I'm gonna assume you've gotten busy.