Theory The Eye Theory - Again

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Before this thread goes up in flames, a few points

1) I know OP is not Naruto
2) I myself don´t rly want one
3) I am not the one that found this, I just saw this in a recomended video the moment I cliked on another, thus the name of the video or the one that did this is lost to me...


So, we all have read the theories regarding Zoros Eye, and either laughed or took it seriously.
However, what a random youtube video showed me (see 3), while not adding anything substantial, may give us a clue to it (made this thread more to show you guys than anything, since as I said it does not offer a lot to theorize)

Look at this image



Noticied something?

Yes, Mihawk and Hakuba!Cavendish both have the same eye design (even in manga) and even the same color in the anime.

We know Mihawk is called Hawk Eyes
We know Hakuba is a very strong swordsman, displaying amazing feats of speed and power.
Maybe theres a link there, since boths are swordsman?



Also a small FYI, Caribou and X-Drake Full Zoan do have similar eyes, but theirs have a extra ring, tho X-Drake´s has the same color scheme (Birds did come from Dinousars no?)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't know about Hakuba, but it's very likely that Mihawk has some specialized CoO technique. Zoro himself is specialized in CoA so he has probably nothing of the sort.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know about Hakuba, but it's very likely that Mihawk has some specialized CoO technique. Zoro himself is specialized in CoA so he has probably nothing of the sort.
Yeah I guess, but it is strange that Oda being Oda (and I do like to think he knows at very least the more famous discussions his fanbase has, like this one) he designed both of these swordsman eyes identical (and unlike other powerfull swordsman, we don´t get to see a true display of Hakuba´s ability)

Tho Mihawk did have his eyes as a child, so hes either a born winner or it is just us overthinking like with Sanji´s
 

GodOfDestruction

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
230
Reaction score
228
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well the simplest conclusion would be that both Mohawk and Cavendish have cursed swords. And that long exposure had lead to them being cursed. Zoro may be next.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Besides what Demonspeed mentioned about Mihawk, I'd try to not read too much into it. Like you said, this isn't Naruto so I don't think there's anything supernatural to it.

The most logical conclusion for me is that it's a character design; for Mihawk to fit his hawk animal theme, and with Cavendish it's to show the madness in Hakuba.

I mean heck, Monet also has spiral pattern in her eyes... And there may be others too.
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,842
Reaction score
3,655
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am quite sure Zoros eye got a hidden power. Its like Tsheckovs gun... in a time where Naruto was big... Zoro gets a eyescar. Its there to get used, just as simple. How and why? I dunno.

But if i were a bettingman...

This eye is his way to use conquerors haki, he just didnt trained to use it, since his fighting style doesnt involve such clashes or making opponents faint. If he truly is Luffys "Rayleigh", he should have Conquerors haki for sure. Also there was his comment on fishman island, where he said that if Luffy couldnt atleast take down so many fodder, he should become captain.

In a fight he could use it as a surpriseelement, since the quick pressure he could produce with a spontanious conqueroreffect, would create an opening against most enemies. (Just how everyone trembles for a second when luffy uses his)
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Besides what Demonspeed mentioned about Mihawk, I'd try to not read too much into it. Like you said, this isn't Naruto so I don't think there's anything supernatural to it.

The most logical conclusion for me is that it's a character design; for Mihawk to fit his hawk animal theme, and with Cavendish it's to show the madness in Hakuba.

I mean heck, Monet also has spiral pattern in her eyes... And there may be others too.
Looked into Monet´s

They lack a spiral like Mihawk´s and Cavendish.

I am sure there are other as well (I talked about X and Caribou), but since this theory relies on just Miha and Cave, swordsman, having the same eyes...I have to be nitpicky like that XD
 
Top