The fireburst Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The fireburst Thread

fireburst

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am the new guy here. :tem

Hmm one thing about me is I loooove Shounen Jump. If it were a girl I might marry her. ;) Bought a copy of Shounen Jump at my grocery store a few years ago, and been reading it pretty much every week since. But due to school, I can't keep up regularly with as many series as I would like to, which means lots of manga marathons when I am on break!

The story behind my username is quite unoriginal. When I was registering at a manga forum, I happened to be eating flaming hot cheetos and sour starburst (because I like to eat healthy! ^_^) Since flamingburst sounds kinda lame, I thought fire = flaming and got fireburst. Great story, huh? :p

Well, I hope you enjoy my translations.

P.S. I tend to be short on time, so don't be surprised if you find a typo or five in my translations. >_>

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yo Fireburst :D

Where do you live, and did you mean the English version of Shonen Jump or the Japanese?

I actually had all the SJs ever since it first came out in America, though I forgot to get my copy this month... what's your favorite title so far?

What do you like so much about MX0? Do you think that Kuzuma will learn magic eventually?

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're our Mx0 translator, eh? =D I love Mx0~!

What kind of school are you in? high school, college, etc.

Have any pets?

Where's the dog in your avatar fro? it is a dog, right? >.>) It looks familiar.

:3 belated welcome to MH, too :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Looked like a squirrel to me >.>

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
WaaiiI~~~~ another lovely translator here :D

welcome to our humble home here :)

Satteto, gotta have some questions for sure :D

the standard:
what are your favorite series and why?
do you watch anime? if yes, which one is your most loved one?
Do you play Eroge? Which one is your favorite, if you play? And do you play them in english or in japanese?
I'm kinda obsessed about the Wind ~a breat of heart~ game right now since the translation came out... incl. a all-ages setup the people at nnl1 created :D but nozomi's ending is sooo saaaad ;____;

and what is your favorite food?
favorite drink? (with and without alcohol)
and how old are you?

that's all i can think of for now o____O might drop in later and put in some more questions though :P

ps. yeah, i enjoy your translations for us :D

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
Gold Knight said:
Looked like a squirrel to me >.>
squirrel? D: it's the doggie from full metal alchemist! i think his name is hayate...
LadyHatake said:
You're our Mx0 translator, eh? =D I love Mx0~!

What kind of school are you in? high school, college, etc.
I am in high school, which is majorly sucking right now. People told me senior year is easy but it is sooo much harder than my junior year! :s
LadyHatake said:
Have any pets?
no pets. i like dogs though.
LadyHatake said:
Where's the dog in your avatar fro? it is a dog, right? >.>) It looks familiar.
full metal alchemist
Gold Knight said:
Where do you live
california
Gold Knight said:
did you mean the English version of Shonen Jump or the Japanese?

I actually had all the SJs ever since it first came out in America, though I forgot to get my copy this month... what's your favorite title so far?
for buying, i meant the japanese shounen jump. my library has the english version, so i just go there and freeload of of them. :p my favorite title is bleach prior to the current arc, but i am hoping it will improve... naruto was interesting while i was keeping up with it but i am really far behind right now.
Gold Knight said:
whoa thats really cool! how long ago did it come out? how much shelf space does it take up? :P
Gold Knight said:
What do you like so much about MX0? Do you think that Kuzuma will learn magic eventually?
its a nice mix of action, and humor and there's magic too! i believe he will learn magic, cuz he's gotta bring back aika's mama!

ttxdragon said:
what are your favorite series and why?
my favorite series used to be bleach, but now i am really into Mx0 (still like bleach though :D) because i really like where the plot is going (i would know since i spoiled myself DX) but the overall plot of getting a gold plate for a friend is very sweet and i am very interested in how he plans on getting a gold plate when he is disadvantaged to start. hmm another favorite is ichigo 100% i think it was just starting to be serialized when i first started reading jump, but i would always look forward to reading it every week. very funny manga.

ttxdragon said:
do you watch anime? if yes, which one is your most loved one?
of course! suzumiya haruhi and fullmetal alchemist rank up top cuz they are pretty different from your generic shounen stuff.

ttxdragon said:
Do you play Eroge? Which one is your favorite, if you play? And do you play them in english or in japanese?
I'm kinda obsessed about the Wind ~a breat of heart~ game right now since the translation came out... incl. a all-ages setup the people at nnl1 created :D but nozomi's ending is sooo saaaad ;____;
sorry i don't. that just voided a lot of questions. T_T

ttxdragon said:
and what is your favorite food?
korean beef! soooo delicious. *drools* i also like malaysian food. all of it so gooood! oh and steak burgers and yummy, but i'd settle for a tofu burger too.

ttxdragon said:
favorite drink? (with and without alcohol)
i am underage for alcohol. :p i like sparkling apple cider. maybe its cuz i only get to drink it on christmas... O_o
ttxdragon said:
and how old are you?
17, going on 18 this year. whee~ almost legal. can't do too much more crazy stuff and get away with it :darn

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've had Korean beef before, due to my ex gf being from Seoul, hehe. It's not bad.

Woa, so you actually buy Japanese SJ. Do you scan RAWs for groups? Heh, watch out, there might be people rushing to ask you to scan stuff for them. Do you happen to have a SJ magazine where they had some pages featuring Narutimate Accel for ps2? I think it was SJ #10. One of our mods have been looking everywhere for more on that game, hehe.

So you like Bleach too, cool. Favorite character? :amuse

And I still don't recognize that dog and I read FMA >.>;

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
Gold Knight said:
I've had Korean beef before, due to my ex gf being from Seoul, hehe. It's not bad.
not bad? blasphemy!! haha jkjk :p

Gold Knight said:
Woa, so you actually buy Japanese SJ. Do you scan RAWs for groups? Heh, watch out, there might be people rushing to ask you to scan stuff for them. Do you happen to have a SJ magazine where they had some pages featuring Narutimate Accel for ps2? I think it was SJ #10. One of our mods have been looking everywhere for more on that game, hehe.
yah, i actually buy, but i don't scan. i like my jumps intact despite the crappy paper and ink they use to print it, although i will look for the game you are talking about. (i am assuming you are talking about 2007 issue)

Gold Knight said:
So you like Bleach too, cool. Favorite character? :amuse
ack too many choices. i'll give you my top 3.
urahara- guy who knows all. need to see his bankai and learn the connection with isshin.
isshin- must see him fight more, or at least learn more about his past. funny guy too.
tatsuki- waiting for her to get powers since she kicks so much butt. i was quite disappointed when it was orihime that ended up with powers.

Gold Knight said:
And I still don't recognize that dog and I read FMA >.>;
i guess its an anime only thing?

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Checking your previous posts, you translate Mx0 and Bleach. That's cool. I haven't started reading Mx0 yet, so could you give me 10 reasons why I should pick this up? I see that magic is involved in this manga. Oh, and favorite Suzumiya Haruhi character?

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
Ayah said:
Checking your previous posts, you translate Mx0 and Bleach. That's cool. I haven't started reading Mx0 yet, so could you give me 10 reasons why I should pick this up?
1) humor – kuzumi’s antics are always a good laugh. him and aika’s father can never get along.
2) art – the drawings, especially of the advanced magic spells are really detailed and awesome looking. if only there were more interest in the manga we could get some really great colorings of it. :s
3) character development - the main character starts off saying he would take over the world if he could use magic and is later moved to wanting to use magic to bring back his friend’s mother.
4) fighting – the fighting is intense. adding in the element of magic to the fighting makes it interesting.
5) clever – he has no magic ability, but the others thing he has the highest level of magic, which means he needs to come up with ways to make people continue to think he has strong magic.
6) magic – can’t go wrong with a manga with magic in it.
7) suspense – kuzumi manages to work himself into many tough situations where the outlook is not good.
8) sweet – kinda redundant but he’s working hard to reunite someone with their mother! <3
9) ecchi – guy magnet, maybe not so much so for girls. ;)
10) potential – there are so many possibilities left for this manga. he started off late in school, and few make it to the gold plate in the first place so who knows if he can make it there before the end of high school.

bleh, i'm not the best "read this manga" spokesperson but i would definitely recommend Mx0. anyone else wanna throw their ideas in? :darn

Ayah said:
Oh, and favorite Suzumiya Haruhi character?
my favorite character would have to be kyon. his comments on what is going on are very funny and i love his face when he gets dragged into things he doesn’t want to do... his getting all the dirty work kind of reminds me of myself. O_o

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
kyon is great.

and i must agree Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is one of the best anime out there :D
the only one i would really rate higher is the Kenshin OVA:
Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
(AnimeHQ has it on their tracker)

Only four episodees but it so perfectly animates the early years of battosai and kenshin ;_____; and it's not nearly as much "out off possibility" fighting as in the manga ^^
it's the only Kenshin Anime I like ^^

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
ttxdragon said:
the only one i would really rate higher is the Kenshin OVA:
Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
(AnimeHQ has it on their tracker)

Only four episodees but it so perfectly animates the early years of battosai and kenshin ;_____; and it's not nearly as much "out off possibility" fighting as in the manga ^^
it's the only Kenshin Anime I like ^^
ah i have seen it ranked highly on ANN but i didn't know where to get it. thanks for the hint. :tem maybe i'll watch it tomorrow before i go out-of-town and get computer-less. would you recommend watching the rest of the series first? (or at all? :p)

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How can you guys not recognise the dog?! That's Black Hayate! XD

Heyya, fireburst. Welcome to MH ^_^ I like the trans you gave in the Bleach spoiler thread. ^_^ Thanks :D

And after reading your 'ten reasons on why to pick Mx0' I might try it soon :D

And sicne you read FMA, I'd like to ask:

Who are your favourite characters?
Favourite pairings? XD

And thanks for translating here at MH <3

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey I just wanted to drop in here and say thaaaaaanks to you for the nice bleach translations <333

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since you gave me 10 reasons, I downloaded chapter 1 of Mx0. I'll tell you what I think of it when I'm done reading.

fireburst said:
my favorite character would have to be kyon. his comments on what is going on are very funny and i love his face when he gets dragged into things he doesn’t want to do... his getting all the dirty work kind of reminds me of myself. O_o
Good choice. Kyon's my favorite too out of the cast.

- Are you going to translate FMA?
- How long have you been learning Japanese?

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
fireburst said:
ah i have seen it ranked highly on ANN but i didn't know where to get it. thanks for the hint. :tem maybe i'll watch it tomorrow before i go out-of-town and get computer-less. would you recommend watching the rest of the series first? (or at all? :p)
no need to watch the rest of the series.... although if you get the time to do it, read the manga, it's awesome. One of my all time favorites.
The OVA is possible to be watched as a "Standalone" series...

The OVA is based of the second big manga arc, which wasn't animated in the series... it bases only on the "memories" of kenshin thus tells not the whole second arc...
but those memories are the best part of the whole manga in my opinion... and the OVA brings it to the reader/viewer even better than the manga imo :)

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
Dragonzair said:
Who are your favourite characters?
actually i haven't read the manga yet but i downloaded all the chapters cuz i heard its even better than the anime so uh i'm gonna answer these questions with the anime plot. >_>

favorite character is ed. i very much admire his determination and how much he cares for his brother. and his shortness like me. :smile-big

Dragonzair said:
Favourite pairings? XD
hmm haven't really got to see much of ed and winry but i really liked colonel hughes and his wife. they were sooo cute with their daughter! :tem i hope he doesn't die in the manga too. X.x

Ayah said:
Since you gave me 10 reasons, I downloaded chapter 1 of Mx0. I'll tell you what I think of it when I'm done reading.
yay i hope you like it. :)

Ayah said:
- Are you going to translate FMA?
no, not at the moment anyways. gotta concentrate on catching up with Mx0 cuz i am about 20 chapters behind. :darn

Ayah said:
- How long have you been learning Japanese?
hmm that is hard to say exactly. i first started learning japanese from my grandpa (he's taiwanese) when i was in elementary school cuz both of my parents worked and didn't get home until late. i learned a lot of vocab and kanji from him though almost no mandarin. O_o then i didn't study it for a few years, took a year of it in middle school, then 3 years in high school, but right now i am not taking any japanese which is why i decided to go into translating! so hopefully i can preserve my knowledge before i go to college and take more courses.

ttxdragon said:
no need to watch the rest of the series.... although if you get the time to do it, read the manga, it's awesome. One of my all time favorites.
The OVA is possible to be watched as a "Standalone" series...

The OVA is based of the second big manga arc, which wasn't animated in the series... it bases only on the "memories" of kenshin thus tells not the whole second arc...
but those memories are the best part of the whole manga in my opinion... and the OVA brings it to the reader/viewer even better than the manga imo :)
thanx for the recommendation. only 400 mb left~ :amuse

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, so your a high school senior? me too =D And your right, senior year has been waaaaaaaaay harder than junior year :s Only a few more months till we graduate~! :3

ANy particular ideas of what you'll do after highschool? maybe college? if so, which college?

And whee! I thought the doggy was from FMA, just wasn't sure :D

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score
yahhh i am really looking forward to graduation and going to college! i got to spend a month interning at one of the universities in my state with some other students from my school and it was really fun! we got to stay in the dorms (granted, they were the old dorms since the incoming freshmen got the new dorms) and eat the yummy cafeteria food. (it was not bad actually...) :darn it was probably more relaxing than real college cuz we never had any hw, so we never had to do allnighters (not for hw anyways :p) but then we didn't have cars, so we were limited to places that were within walking distance, which was kinda lame, but i hope they average out and that's how fun real college will be. :tem

i applied to like half of the universities of california, so i am just waiting to see which ones i can get into. berkeley or san diego would be my top choices.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hmm haven't really got to see much of ed and winry but i really liked colonel hughes and his wife. they were sooo cute with their daughter! tem i hope he doesn't die in the manga too. X.x
He did >.<