Inter.. thanks for the points. I love how they didn't even care about the game up until Anorthosis scored, and then both teams started running like idiots around the field until Sariegi got lucky with his goal.
Inter's defense was terrible
Panathinaikos in general was terrible
But in Football the final score is what matters, and for ten times the budget in players and Mourhino's, Inter did not win.
This is what happens when teams don't take other teams seriously. Chelsea also dissapoints me, much like Zenit I had high hopes for them this season, but they continue to look silly, not to say Bordeaux isn't a strong team, but it wasn't expected.
Now I await my psychotic Olympiacos cousins to tear up the city if Benfica loses..
I lol'd at the Chelsea result. Usually by now they've qualified for the next round. It's going to be interesting because all three of Roma, Bordeaux and Chelsea could still get bumped down if any of them f*** up in their final group game. I thought Zenit might put up a better fight.
The UEFA Cup hasn't looked this good since they allowed certain leagues to have 3 teams in. Just look at
some of tonights fixtures;
Club Brugge v St Etienne,
Deportivo La Coruna v Feyenoord (European Cup Winners),
Dinamo Zagreb v Spartak Moscow,
Hamburg (UEFA Cup Winners) v Ajax (European Cup Winners),
Olympiacos v Benfica (European Cup Winners),
Partizan Belgrade v Standard Liege,
Portsmouth v AC Milan (European Cup Winners),
PSG v Racing Santander,
Rosenborg Trondheim BK v Valencia (Cup Winners Cup Winners),
Sampdoria (Cup Winners Cup Winners) v VfB Stuttgart,
Schalke 04 (UEFA Cup Winners) v Man City,
NEC v Tottenham (UEFA Cup Winners),