Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And Diego is one of the La Vecchia Signora now.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Really? for how much? I thought a club in England woulda snapped him him...
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Inter and Juve made big transfers to take on the Ch. League next year.. and with Milan in the mix, it should be an interesting Italian trio fighting against the current favorites.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I heard 25M€. Good reinforcement for Juve. I'm just not convinced with Inter, every transfer rumor I hear they seem to be looking to replace their old players for old players. I thought Mou would finally bring some fresh legs to Inter. Milan needs to strengthen their defense
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I heard today that Mourinho is thinking of stealing Carvalho from Chelsea?
What they need is good mid-aged players, to mix with the experienced old guys the have....otherwise they'll become like AC Milan
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Milan needs to strengthen their defense

They have Thiago Silva, this guy is monster and will improve even more. Even Maldini considers Thiago as his successor and some people in Brazil say he is better than Lucio and he could be one of the best backs in the world when him adapts to european football.

This season Thiago couldn't play 'cause Milan had already exceeded the quota of foreign. But next season, take a look on this dude.
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Finals today, stacking up with beers/crisps


Not sure what the outcome'll be.. Think that utd'll take it but it's going to be interesting to see the start-11...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Seems Barca's gonna have a few key players out...But even with a fully fit team, it would be difficult to bet Man Utd
 

Starzen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Africa
All hail Barcelona, it sucks to be you Man U.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
</3 Starzen...... </3
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Dream team match, but not a dream scorsheet... I dreamed of 5-5 :(

Congrats to Barça.

@pirulitokun
yeah I guess you're right, I know he's very promissing, didnt knew he was already in Milan
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Go on Barca...great match....for Barca, Man utd were 2nd best for the majority of the game. The attractive football proved best. I need a lie down..I can't feel my fingers anymore
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
So ends another season..
The better team won, but I can't say I'm excited.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Congrats to Barça! Unfortunately I couldnt see the game live, but i just watched it and Barça deserved to win. After Eto'o goal MU was finished.

@Milan
Thiago Silva is VERY good, I've no doubts that he'll become a defender of Cannavaro's level someday.

@Mendes
You should be getting worried, Benfica bought Ramires :XD Dunga called him for the games in the WC qualifiers. And believe me, he deserves to play in the first team, he's much better than Josué and Gilberto Silva. Imo he's best than Anderson too.
ps: Tell someone in Porto to give us Ibson for free :XD Flamengo really needs him, hehe
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Ramires may be the best player in the world, he's gonna get wasted in Benfica, like every other good player (Deco cof cof)... Benfica's doomed to fail with their current structure. Anyway, I don't get why he'd choose Benfica since they didnt qualify for the champions league... again.
About Ibson, he probably will go for free. Our coach doesnt like him. We the fans want him... but it cant be helped
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Benfica can go die.

I was disappointed because Barca is proven to be just that good.. which means next year since there is no real way for other teams to compete with them, we'll have the return of the galacticos probably. Starting with Kaka, Ronaldo and possibly Messi.
Ironically the circle is very close to its equivelant in the 90s.. I just hope AEK can have another 3-3 tie in Madrid if the Galacticos return.

Either way, I really wanted to see smaller teams like Bayern and Lyon compete next season, but it looks like the only teams that have a chance at the finals are MU with Ribery and Benzema (a great duo), Chelsea with another star, Liverpool with Villa (DO IT BENITEZ!) or Inter/Milan/Real/Juve based on summer trades.

Essentially, I'm disappointed because competition seems to have died down and deste how well teams like Porto played for example, I can't see them reaching final 4. Meaning that the final will ultimately be Spain/England teams and reach new heights of boring as Chelsea plays Liverpool for the 1000000th time, and Arsenal plays Barca/MU
 
Last edited:

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Man utd just got ouplayed last night.. talk about the build up to the game, ronaldo was being really cocky saying they were definetly going to win... what a joke.... well done barca
 

Hayashida

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
214
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Man utd just got ouplayed last night.. talk about the build up to the game, ronaldo was being really cocky saying they were definetly going to win... what a joke.... well done barca
totally, who could've picked it?
guess barca are the best in the world
....should've been chelsea lol
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It SHOULDA been Chelsea in the final, but they would've lost to Man United imo. But the Chelsea fans must be gutted and kicking themselves that a team they practically dealt with beat Man Utd so convicingly...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top