Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Even though i wasnt born back then, i was reading up on what happened at Hillsbrough, and i have to say it really is shocking. My sympathies go out to the families.

Chelsea vs Liverpool was excellent last night. Almost as good as Arsenal vs Spurs last October.
Arsenal v spurs was a rubbish game. Boring...so very boring...:scry

-_-;


OMG, can you fcking believe it. Only 1 player! 1 player out of our starting back-five that started against Villareal a week ago is available. ONE! This injury-arsenal thing is just getting ridiculous now.
 
Last edited:

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I may be wrong, but its Ronaldo I'm least concerned with... he only likes to score to Sporting CP :P
LOL. How about that? Looks like you were wrong. It was a nice goal too.

GO MAN UNITED. I knew we were going to win.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
haha What.A.Goal Dunno but it should win goal of the tournament so far, haha frickin' ronaldo, thats why he's world player of the year.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was indeed a spectacular goal from Ronaldo. Aside from that and van der Sar, I didn't feel like Man U played a good game. Whatever, they did what they needed to in order to progress.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
haha What.A.Goal Dunno but it should win goal of the tournament so far, haha frickin' ronaldo, thats why he's world player of the year.
*cough* adebayor *cough*
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Nah Ade's goal was class, but Ronaldo from some what 40 yards out, with that power and speed, has gotta win it.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It was factor Ronaldo after all that decided it. Even though I honestly think Rooney was by far the most important Man U player in that match. If it wasnt for him constantly helping O'shea from our offensive left back Cissokho and we would have been more dangerous. Rooney's a machine, no doubt. Ronaldo is just talented and I cant help but think he hates portuguese clubs. Sporting suffered a lot coz of him too.

The early injury of our captain Lucho Gonzalez was very unfortunate... he's irreplaceable. Hulk proved he's not ready at all to jump to a top club in Europe, unlike Rodriguez, Lisandro, Lucho or Bruno Alves, who I believe will be targeted in the transfer market. Cissokho and Fernando left very good impressions too.

At least I have the consolation that the difference between MU and Porto in this quarter finals was a genius 30 meters away strike from Ronaldo and nothing else. For those people who rejoiced when their team was drawn with a lame 3rd country team in this stage, they probably thought again. Congrats for Man U and Arsenal, the british teams keep their unbelievable supremacy in Europe
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
He sure plays well against Portugues teams, its because he has to prove to the Portuguese public that he is the right man for his country, it's almost like;

"Look Portugal, *bang* thats why I'm captain." He is captain right?

Though its disturbing he might not play in the world cup.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You sure dont watch Portuguese national team in action, or you wouldnt say something like that... but I dont recomend watching at all
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I don't watch Portugal but I hear they are struggling to win.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Arsenal - Chelsea

Quick fact: The last time chelsea knocked arsenal out of the fa cup was 1947. Since then there have been 7 ties, all won by arsenal. But then again when you when three starting defenders out, the backup left back out, the back up centreback out your goalkeeper out and the opposing team have the striker you love to hate finding form. You try to find hope wherever you can. ;_;
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Chelsea letting in a lot of goals recently, though Arsenal seem to have a make shift defense, which might mean its a high scoring game.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This is great. Thanks to the FA Cup semi finalists 7th place is now a UEFA cup place. Dare I dream? I'm more concerned about Fulham stealing it than West Ham
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
There is too many UEFA and Champions Cup places in english/spanish teams and we've got less every year... this rules are benefiting the most powerful leagues and the "mid class" leagues are getting buried.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
To be honest I could care less for Swedish teams, etc etc I just want the best from the best leagues playing in UCL, otherwise they should create a Super League.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Quick fact: The last time chelsea knocked arsenal out of the fa cup was 18th april 2009. :scry
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
To be honest I could care less for Swedish teams, etc etc I just want the best from the best leagues playing in UCL, otherwise they should create a Super League.
I wasnt talking of those minor league teams... they have to pass through qualifying rounds to prove their worth in CL. I'm talking about the leagues like portuguese, dutch or scotish, where you usually see a representing team in the latest stages of the competition. For instance, its the 2nd time in a row that no italian team reached the quarter finals and they still have 4 access spots in their league. Portugal and Holland can only get 2 teams in CL, and the similar goes to UEFA Cup.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
There is too many UEFA and Champions Cup places in english/spanish teams and we've got less every year... this rules are benefiting the most powerful leagues and the "mid class" leagues are getting buried.
Mendes I totally agree with you. After all its the Champions League.

And yet,

Liverpool haven't been champions since 1990 (the last time Spurs came within a sniff of challenging for the title. Yes it's been that long), Arsenal haven't won anything since 2005. UEFA panicked in the mid 90's and caved into the greed of a select few. We lost the Cup Winners Cup and got this pathetic excuse for a UEFA Cup (I'm sorry Europa League) in exchange for being able to watch the European elite square off. I don't know about you but crossing horns with certain clubs used to be something of a special occasion. How many times have Chelsea met Barcelona in the last 10 years?

I notice that a certain Frenchman has not said a word about the composition of the 'Champions League'. When his side won the league in 2002 he was reported to have said the top 10 ranked countries in Europe should have their champions face off in a league to see who was truly the best.

Don't worry about Italy. This is how they lose berths. What Holland and Portugal need is for just one of their clubs to get more consistent at getting to the latter stages. Most of England's progress is down to the fact that for years Manchester United were almost guaranteed to make the quarter finals. What amazes me is that Scotland still gets two berths.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Vucinic against arsenal, and berbatov against everton. Two of the worst penalties ive seen in a long time. :rofl

Oh, and now i dont have any qualms about who to cheer on when the facup final comes. :smile-big
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I wonder why Tevez didn't take a penalty, but ah well you can't win everything, it was more important to rest the players for PL and UCL. Though I do hope Everton win it, since Moyes needs to win a trophy and he can be a future Utd manager.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top