Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
LOL Italy got pwned and I never imagined USA could pick up such win over Egypt... congrats on that one.
I feel sorry for Italy tough. Everyone knows they currently suck, but they have to keep their dignity as world champs. Its clear that their new generation is worse than the previous.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Brasil x Italy?
Nah, today we had a Flamengo x Inter with a hattrick from the emperor!
4x0 Flamengo O0! Flamengo, in the way to the sixth brazilian title!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
yella, Spain vs Brazil, lets get to it. If any lose that would be devastating
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
LOL Italy got pwned and I never imagined USA could pick up such win over Egypt... congrats on that one.
I feel sorry for Italy tough. Everyone knows they currently suck, but they have to keep their dignity as world champs. Its clear that their new generation is worse than the previous.
pffff!

We all know they should never have gotten past Australia in the second round in Germany.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I will laugh and never stop if Spain loses to the US, a team that is kicking ass tonight.. if they played like this more often, maybe the rest of the world would respect them.


1-0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
more to come.


Oh Spain..
In 35 games, Greece alone (in our Euro Champion flair, not the post crappy team) had scored 2 goals on you, then you had the impenetrable defense and the godlike offense.

And now the United States, after schooling you in Basketball, school you in football.
I don't know what to say, laughing feels mean now.

But seriously.. the U.S. .... 2 - 0
USA all the way??

Kaka better look out, he may need to go to the Galaxy to learn some new moves!
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Our reward for advancing: Spain :(. I'm not stupid enough to hope for a win, but I'll be interested to see how they play against the World's #1. Hopefully, we keep it respectable.
Feel like taking those words back? :p Honestly though, USA were impressive this round. Doubt they'll win the final match, but hey it's well done for a country that calls this sport "soccer" anyway.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Unbelievable. But you have to give them credit. They worked their socks off it was almost heroic. lol Ridiculous upset though, they just beat the best team in the world, who just came off a record 15 consecutive wins and equalled brazil's record of 35 unbeaten games and in a semi-final too. Dayum.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That is why when you like a sport, it is something fantastic. Who expect a victory of the United States? Favoritism dies when the game starts.

Spain was unrecognizable and her defeat makes me sad if Brazil go to final.
I was excited to see a match between these two teams.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Spain was playing normally, don't downplay the US's accomplishment, the US defense was just better, pay more attention to every single individual play made by Torres, Reira, Villa and Ramos, ALL blocked. Only Xavi and Fabregas had decent attempt.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to downplay US's accomplishment, though my previous post has opened for such an interpretation.

But I don't think Spain played normally, Spain not entered the match with the same momentum from previous matches. Throughout the game, they started to control possession of the ball, it's true, but during the first half, they created few opportunities to score.

The Fury massacred in the beginning of the second half, I know. And again, I say they weren't in a good day. The current spanish offensive usually has marksmanship.
But, plus, US's defensive system was great today like in the old times, when Brazil had difficulty to beat them(most of the games Brazil vs US was 1-0 for Brazil)... and, quickly, they stopped the spanish pressure. They was tatically disciplined and demonstrated value in the game.

US's victory is totally deserved, but I don't think Spain played normally.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
omg... is that even possible?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
If the US takes it all I will cry.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feel like taking those words back? :p Honestly though, USA were impressive this round. Doubt they'll win the final match, but hey it's well done for a country that calls this sport "soccer" anyway.
I'll gladly take them back :p. I wasn't foolish enough to expect a victory. The U.S. doesn't play well away from home. This is a team that less then a month ago got beat 3-0 by Costa Rica and had trouble with Honduras. But hey, a pleasant surprise, I only wish I could've watched the game live :crying.

If the US takes it all I will cry.
I hope you'll cry tears of joy ;), I know I will :D.

I'll assume they'll be playing Brazil, so I hope they show better than they did earlier in the tournament. At least keep 11 men on the field (4 games we've had three red cards, fortunately the one against Spain came at the 86').

Anyways, we're are all of the Americans (I'm going by lack of American flags in this thread)? Shouldn't they be spreading some love for the upset the team just pulled off? Oh that's right, no one here cares :tem.
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
It's a waste for a country like the US to win though..
When football crazy countries like in Europe and South America win, people riot in the streets and light cars on fire as naked firemen ride on the fronts of firetrucks screaming chants.

No, I'm not making that up, and that was in a small city, in the centers, everywhere you look there are red flare-fires being lit and cars with people on them/lit on fire.

If the US wins, a couple of middle-aged soccer moms and European dads that have immigrated there will drink a beer and say "horaah!"
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's a waste for a country like the US to win though..
When football crazy countries like in Europe and South America win, people riot in the streets and light cars on fire as naked firemen ride on the fronts of firetrucks screaming chants.

No, I'm not making that up, and that was in a small city, in the centers, everywhere you look there are red flare-fires being lit and cars with people on them/lit on fire.

If the US wins, a couple of middle-aged soccer moms and European dads that have immigrated there will drink a beer and say "horaah!"
good one, I was shellshocked at Spain's defeat the other day...I totally expected them to outclass the US but the oponents were just better, organised and all

US vs Brazil, we'll see maybe the US will pull off another upset?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That "Hart" goalie of yours will go far... He's really good.

Though I didn't see that coming... penalty kick in the post during the shoot-out after such a comeback from 3-0 to 3-3 ... blimey....

Life's tough and Swe got some pretty good players that hopefully will do as good in the real deal.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I can only say...THAT is what you call an epic match. Mind-blowing. The spirit from sweden too was something else....i was so tense too, im just glad we made it to the final.

As for hart, he is good but ever since the winter when manchester city bought shay given he hasnt been getting regular football. Hopefully he'll move somewhere where he can get more regular football, at his age thats the most important thing for him now.

Btw, berg, player of the tournament so far. What team does he play for?
 
Last edited:

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
damn Spain to hell. I was really anticipating Spain vs Brasil, basa. If USA beats Brasil, I will go nuts.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Saviola goes to Benfica. I guess we'll finally see him play, since he's been 3rd or 4th choice in Barça and Real Madrid for years...
Benfica's policy to hire players stays the same as last year. They buy big names that have already gone trough their good times and now are just expecting a smaller competition. Last year their 'army' with Suazo, Reyes and Aimar got them to 3rd place :P

Sporting CP hired Vilarreal's Matias Fernandez. Heard he's a very good player but had little chances in Vilarreal.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
South Africa x Spain is being the best match in the entire confed cup till now. SA was leading all the time, then right in the end of the second half Spain scored twice in less than 5 minutes. It all seemed lost to SA, sad people started leaving the stadium, THEN they scored on 47. Crazy.

Now Spain just scored, such a pity. I was really supporting SA. Bafana bafana~
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top