Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
where's Ribery going?
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
actually nowhere but seems Real Madrid wanna sign with him

@ goldb - yh! Bayern will seize the opportunity, they are seeing real madrid with a surplus of money, so a crazy amount is...
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
And Zidane is said to be giving advice to Perez. He just has to say 'That Ribery guy is as good as I was!' and Real will give 75M€ for him...
Anyway I really expect something crazy like 60M€
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Why not get Capdevilla or Gallas if they're looking for good Captain/Defenders?
And Marcelo/Sergio are really all Real needs on the back wings IMO.

As for the middle, with so many guys capable of scoring goals, I'd either get a Yaya Toure/Gattuso, or a Beckham to fill up the center and call it a season.
There's no room for anyone else! You have guys like ROBBEN that will be benched with this roster. ROBBEN, he's a fucking monster! I would sell my entire team just to have him on my roster. De La Red will be benched (Despite the crappy season),
Huntelar, Van Der Vaart.. jesus.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@Lohnt: De La Red won't play for Real this season, he's got a heart condition from what I heard from Sky Sports News. but Real need to shift a few players though and make their defence stronger if they want to challenge Barca this season.

@Mendes: yeah Zidane has some sort of advisor/consultant role at Real now, for a few months now. he just basically suggests players he thinks will be good for the club and so on...

Michael Owen is having a medical at Man Utd!! who woulda called that one eh? so unpredictable...
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@ Mendes - yeah that's true, he gave the same advice to Ribery cuz barca is after him
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I heard Real is going to pay 17M@ PLUS Sneijder PLUS ROBBEN! omg... robben in good form (i mean, non-injured) is, imo, better than Ribery in his most inspirational days... Really, that's a great deal for Bayern.

Lohnt, Porto just hired the Argentinian Belluschi from Olympiakos. His name sounds familiar to me, but I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he good?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I was going to comment on him.

Look in Argentina he was one of the biggest stars, Juve were interested in him, and various teams in Germany.
In general, in Greece, he did nothing. I would say he was the most unsuccessful transfer of the last 5 years (at least).

He has a lot of strong points though, he has very strong shooting skills, when Oly played Chelsea, he had an amazing shot that Cech didn't block but it hit the top of the goalpost and shook it with a sound effect for at least 30 seconds.
On the other hand, he's not much of a scorer. He's also not as technical at passing , like Galletti or Leto were.

At best, he can play behind Hulk, and hope that he chances the ball the right way when Lisandro/Hulk miss and distract the goalie. But honestly, a player like Diego are far better at those roles.
Honestly, I hope he prospers in Porto, he couldn't do much in the tight defenses of Greece, but maybe with the creativity in Portuguese football, his strength and dribbling skills ma allow him to help your club out.

At least you got him at a good price =)
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I was going to comment on him.

Look in Argentina he was one of the biggest stars, Juve were interested in him, and various teams in Germany.
In general, in Greece, he did nothing. I would say he was the most unsuccessful transfer of the last 5 years (at least).

He has a lot of strong points though, he has very strong shooting skills, when Oly played Chelsea, he had an amazing shot that Cech didn't block but it hit the top of the goalpost and shook it with a sound effect for at least 30 seconds.
On the other hand, he's not much of a scorer. He's also not as technical at passing , like Galletti or Leto were.

At best, he can play behind Hulk, and hope that he chances the ball the right way when Lisandro/Hulk miss and distract the goalie. But honestly, a player like Diego are far better at those roles.
Honestly, I hope he prospers in Porto, he couldn't do much in the tight defenses of Greece, but maybe with the creativity in Portuguese football, his strength and dribbling skills ma allow him to help your club out.

At least you got him at a good price =)
We'll see... He's supposed to fill for Lucho Gonzalez, which was one of our best players. Its frustrating when we are the best seller in the last 10 years, and this year is no exception, but we can't even buy a good player using more money. Instead we buy about 8 players for lower prices, but we end up loaning most...
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Yea, a lot of teams do that here as well, that's a terrible strategy.

Anyway, I just read on UEFA you're selling Lisandro to Olympique Lyonnais.. were you unsatisfied with last year's UEFA campaign? Does your club only care about winning Liga?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Arbeloa and Alonso are going to RM? Just notice it on ftl that they are rumoured to get transferred to RM... I sooo want Alonso to stay in LP! But 5m for Arbeloa is pretty okay i guess... I wouldn't mind Negredo and Silva though from RM / Val but i guess that are the sacrifices you have to make. Also seen a lot of rumours of Mascherano going on lately to Barca wasn't it? Hmm, we'll see...
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yea, a lot of teams do that here as well, that's a terrible strategy.

Anyway, I just read on UEFA you're selling Lisandro to Olympique Lyonnais.. were you unsatisfied with last year's UEFA campaign? Does your club only care about winning Liga?
Yes Lisandro is confirmed in Lyon. The thing is our transfer policy. I don't like our leadership (alright I'll say it, I think our chairman robs the club...) and the way of the club is just like every year. When we won the Champions League almost every player was sold for huge amounts. Every year we sell and sell good. Then we hire lots of players for low cost, and eventually, 1 or 2 years later, some of them are set to leave for this huge amounts.

I'd like a more ambitious project for once. Try to invest the money won on the players sells and sport success in quality players who are already a won investment instead of playing the gamble on some may-be-wonderkid-or-not.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
With the failure of signing Benzema, Manchester United are now pursuing Huntelaar... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one..... I hope united will sign him.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
They've just signed Gabriel Obertan from Bordeaux, dunno too much about him though...and in continuing with the Ribery saga, Bayern have confirmed that they rejected a high bid for him, who do you think it is?
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, I haven't heard much of Obertan either... just hope he's the scholes(when he was in his prime of course) kind of player... cause Anderson don't even come close to scholes.... XD

For the ribery bid, I think it is obviously real madrid.... but I won't be surprised if the bidder is Manchester United though, they do have the money for it.... ^^
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
it's true that Eto signed for 2 years more with Barca?
 

SparkHunter13

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
it's true that Eto signed for 2 years more with Barca?
He's yet to sign, as far as I know. Man City are interested... he'd be mad (unable to resist the ridiculously huge salary) to leave Barca for City, though.

Anyway, David Villa. Barca have bid somewhere in the region of €40 million for him, apparently.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
He's yet to sign, as far as I know.
But isn't he closer to staying than to get transferred? Last thing I heard he wanted to stay if the contract was good enough or something like that
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah same, but from Juan Laporta; the Barca president is saying, it seems Eto'o's agent is giving him bad advice, as he(Laporta) thinks the contract offere they gave is more than good enough for him to agree ans sign.
 

SparkHunter13

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
@ Blai & goldb:

Well, now they're saying Eto'o is about to leave the Camp Nou: [CLICK]. City are offering to double his £100,000-a-week wage, making him the world's best-paid player.

Yep, another crazy money transfer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top