Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I love about man u is how even if there main players are somewhere else i.e world cup qualifications. Man u's second team still dominate.And that's what makes man u so superior to Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea.

Bouncy Baloon 1 - Liverpool 0
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I don't understand why Liverpool didn't make the transfers it needed this summer, the team is in horrible shape, and worst still, after seeing 2 of the players in the B team (Leto and Nemeth) I don't think they're actualizing the potential of their B team at ALL. I mean.. I dunno, maybe they've got the little drama game due to all the big names (You can't bench Gerrard etc) but they need to step it up.

Lyon is coming, and they're pissed from the weekend loss. Also mr. Lisandro may see this as a nice little opportunity to impress Maradinho and get back on the national team.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Anybody see the playoff's? Im happy that france and portugal got the hardest ties they could get. Fifa gets justice i suppose. xD

The playoffs:
Ireland v France
Bosnia vs Portugal
Greece vs Ukraine
Slovenia vs Russia
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why Liverpool didn't make the transfers it needed this summer, the team is in horrible shape, and worst still, after seeing 2 of the players in the B team (Leto and Nemeth) I don't think they're actualizing the potential of their B team at ALL. I mean.. I dunno, maybe they've got the little drama game due to all the big names (You can't bench Gerrard etc) but they need to step it up.

Lyon is coming, and they're pissed from the weekend loss. Also mr. Lisandro may see this as a nice little opportunity to impress Maradinho and get back on the national team.
Well if the British press is to be believed Liverpool are on the brink of bankruptcy. Hicks and Gillette have borrowed so much and yet thanks to the financial crisis their creditors can't afford to be as flexible as they would have been 2-3 years ago. That being said they did spend £12 mil on Glenn Johnson at right back. Because we all know titles are won or lost depending on how good your full backs are. [/sarcasm]
Anybody see the playoff's? Im happy that france and portugal got the hardest ties they could get. Fifa gets justice i suppose. xD

The playoffs:
Ireland v France
Bosnia vs Portugal
Greece vs Ukraine
Slovenia vs Russia
Bollocks! Justice would have been a cock up with the balls that resulted in France playing Portugal and Ukraine vs Russia.
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Yea the the right side clearly has an advantage over the left in terms of the matchups.

But again, I'm not disappointed if we lose, I think we need the change.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Im ashamed of Man Utd! Its gettin pathetic the way they're playing!

hahaha Chelsea drew with A.Madrid!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously thought Man Utd were gonna lose yesterday, lucky deflected goal saved them from a major embaressment. Arsenal and Liverfools tonight! hope the Gunners can keep their concentration and be not be wasteful of opportunities in front of goal.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
we should have had a penalty so our fortune balanced itself.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, that was as a blatant a penalty as there could be...for once I can say the ref deserves any abuse he gets from Fergie.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
yeah, that was as a blatant a penalty as there could be...for once I can say the ref deserves any abuse he gets from Fergie.
And it was no other than our very own Olegario Benquerença... that's one of our international referees, so just imagine what we go trough in the portuguese league every week :(
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, and I heard hes been put on the list of referees for the 2010 World Cup. that should be fun.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone!!!

Hahahaha Liverpool drew, I can't see them going into the knockout stages of the Champions League this season. Inter for the Champions League this season LOL!!!

Can't believe 2010 World Cup is next year!!! It goes so fast!! DamN!
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Hey everyone!!!

Hahahaha Liverpool drew, I can't see them going into the knockout stages of the Champions League this season. Inter for the Champions League this season LOL!!!
Nah, they'll lose against Barca next week or after the next ; )
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone!!!

Hahahaha Liverpool drew, I can't see them going into the knockout stages of the Champions League this season. Inter for the Champions League this season LOL!!!

Can't believe 2010 World Cup is next year!!! It goes so fast!! DamN!
You can't be serious!? They won't win the Champions league; they'll be lucky to make the quarters the way they're playing. Their group is redicilously tight, any of the four teams can still win the group with 2 matches remaining.

About last night's Liverpool game, that dive by Ngo was so blatant no matter what angle you see it from. Liverpool were extremely lucky to get that goal since they were camped in front of the Birmingham goal for the whole match but couldn't put away their chances. It says a lot for their team that they had to risk a half fit Steven Gerrard against a team like Birmingham which aren't exactly one of the big boys.

I think they've become the go-to team now to pick up points, it's a shame they don't play Arsenal anytime soon.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
RIP Robert Enke
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I saw it on Sky Sports News this morning, I was shocked. Granted I didn't know who he was, but still...to have something like that happen.

They've canceled the Germany- Chile game, which is understandable,

They say it was suicide? so I'm waiting to hear more about it, to see what it was that was going on in his life that would push him that far.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea it was suicide. He was a great keeper but apparently he was depressed for a long time, and its really sad about his daughter passing away a couple years ago too. The whole thing is tragic and sad. If germany win it in the summer, it would be a fitting tribute.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I saw it on Sky Sports News this morning, I was shocked. Granted I didn't know who he was, but still...to have something like that happen.

They've canceled the Germany- Chile game, which is understandable,

They say it was suicide? so I'm waiting to hear more about it, to see what it was that was going on in his life that would push him that far.
Robert Enke was one of the best goalkeepers I saw in the portuguese league, when he played for Benfica 3 consecutive seasons. Then he went to Barça, but he was unsuccessful there, so he went back to Bundesliga. At the age of 32 he was already the 1st option for Germany's GK position.

His wife found a suicidal note and told the press he had severe depressions since they lost their daughter 3 years ago. He also had an 8 year old adoptive daughter. RIP.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, I didn't even know about that you know. I thought it might had just been the usual sportsman stuff; gambling, depression/lack of morale, etc...
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
England vs Brasil's friendly should be fun. And Im still pissed Man U lost to Chelsea, and Ferguson is pissing me off too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top