Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to the greatest sport in the world!

You can call it football, soccer, voetbal, fußball, futebol, fútbol, sakkā, calcio, футбол, ποδόσφαιρο, כדורגל, bola sepak, sepak bola, 축구, 足球 -- and you'll end up with the same game. One ball, two teams, 2x45 minutes, two sides of the field, the referee, the game, and the victory.

This is where you can talk about the teams, the players, the managers, the owners, the fans, the leagues, the tournaments -- the game!

Remember: No Flaming is allowed.

Fair Play, Kick Racism Out of Football and may the best team wins!

Thanks :D[br]Posted on: December 24, 2006, 10:47:14 PM_________________________________________________EPL fans, Rejoice!

In honor of the Boxing Day tradition, there will be matches on December 26th 2006.
Here are the match lineup:

Chelsea 2-2 Reading
CHE: Drogba 38',72'; REA: L. Lita 67', Essien (o.g) 86'

Tottenham H. 2-1 Aston Villa
TOT: Defoe 58', 72'; AST: Barry 82'

West Ham U. 1-2 Portsmouth
WHU: Sheringham 81'; POR: Primus 16',38'

Blackburn R. 1-0 Liverpool
BLA: McCarthy 49'

Bolton W. 2-1 Newcastle U.
BOL: Ramage (o.g) 33', Anelka 57'; NEW: Dyer 8'

Everton 0-0 Middlesbrough

Manchester U. 3-1 Wigan Athletic
MANU: Ronaldo 47', 50' Solksjaer 59'; WIG: Baines (pen.) 90'

Sheffield U. 0-1 Manchester C.
MANC: Ireland 79'

Watford 1-2 Arsenal
WAT: Smith 23'; ASNL: Silva 10', van Persie 83'

EPL Match for Dec 27th 2006

Charlton 2-2 Fulham
CHA: Ambrose 19', D. Bent 45'; FUL: McBride 13', Quedrue 90'

[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:06:32 PM_________________________________________________Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 26th 2006

Feyenoord Rotterdam 1-1 PSV Eindhoven
FEY: Charisteas 38'; PSV: Cocu 24'

Willem II Tilburg 2-1 Excelsior Rotterdam
WIL: Imschoot 82',84'; EXC: Slory 10'

FC Groningen 0-1 Sparta Rotterdam
SPAR: van Bueren 64'

Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 27th 2006

Den Haag - RKC Waalwijk

FC Twente Enschede - AZ Alkmaar

FC Utrecht - Heracles Almelo

NAC Breda - Vitesse Arnhem

NEC Nijmegen - SC Heerenveen

Ajax Amsterdam - Roda Kerkrade
[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:09:32 PM_________________________________________________Scotland Premier League schedule for Dec 26th 2006

Hearts 3-2 Hibernian
HEA: Hartley 2', Jankauskas 49, Mikolunas 70'; HIB: Killen 54' Shiels (pen.) 61'

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
ABE: Maguire 6', Nicholson 9', Lovel 87'; KIL: Naismith 89'

Celtic 2-2 Dundee United
CEL: O'Dea 78', Nakamura 80'; DUN: Robertson 17', Samuel 58'

Dunfermline 0-2 Motherwell
MOT: Fitzpatrick 26', McDonald 79'

St. Mirren 1-0 Falkirk
STM: Lappin 67'

[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 11:16:32 PM_________________________________________________International Friendly

Thailand 2-0 Singapore

Check back this post for final time results!
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
My pick on EPL (Boxing Day) :amuse

Chelsea - Reading
Chelsea 2-0 :notrust

Tottenham H. - Aston Villa
Draw 1-1

West Ham U. - Portsmouth
West Ham 1-0

Blackburn R. - Liverpool
Liverpool 3-1

Bolton W. - Newcastle U.
Bolton 1-0

Everton - Middlesbrough
Draw 0-0

Manchester U. - Wigan Athletic
MU 2-0

Sheffield U. - Manchester C.
City 3-1

Watford - Arsenal
Arsenal 3-0 :woo
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh? :D
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh? :D
Yeah :nuts I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win :notrust
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
bax said:
Yeah :nuts I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win :notrust
You got that right, mister! Currently United has been blessed with only minor injuries problems and the way the team are playing right now, it would be hard to see them lost a match. I wish Reading could hold Chelsea with a draw, but they got Drogba. That guy is like the new Christian Vieri (in his golden days, of course), his off the ball movement is good, his shot are incredible, and his handling of vertical pass is not to shabby (Vieri's better, but Bierhoff is the best!).[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 08:10:00 PM_________________________________________________Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
As much as I dislike Chelsea (only for their monopoly shopping spree), Drogba is great. He's tall, big and strong. And Chelsea got the tendency to score last minute goals :notrust
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Mourinho is good at making attacking plays. They can close up their half and keep the opponent chasing for the ball, just when they're distracted enough... BAM! they score! Either it's by Didi or someone else, including a certain player who likes to make long range shots.
Another team i'd love to see winning is Portsmouth, not only because they wear my name on their shirt. But Redknapp managed to turn the lame team to one of the feared ones this season. :D
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I don't deny Mourinho's brain at all :D In fact, He's one of the best managers out there :nuts
Sheva is a waste for me, but they still have Lampard for long range and Terry is good at set pieces. Plus Robben and Joe Cole is still there too :notrust

And yes, Portsmouth is great this season. Much like Wigan a few seasons ago ^^ As much as I support Arsenal, the team is pretty penetrable at the back :( They are great at fatst and counter attacking but while they score goals, the also tend to let easy goals into their net >.>
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Not just new tough defenders, Arsenal also need a new Vieira and a change of goalkeeper would be good, 37 is not exactly a great age for goalie anymore. I was surprised when they sold Campbell to Portsmouth. I heard there's bad blood between Wenger and Campbell now.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yeah.. and Lehmann is not my ideal keeper either >.< He seems to have seasons in his performance >.> I guess, his time should be over after World Cup. Perhaps they need to give some younger candidates the post. but yet again, until they settle their defensive problems, they shouldn't chnage I guess >.<

And good defenders are hard to find nowadays. And Arsenal is not the type to pay big transfer fees like MU or Chelsea >.>[br]Posted on: December 26, 2006, 08:56:52 AM_________________________________________________Bwahhahahaha....

Chelsea drew :amuse (no offense to Chelsea fans)
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.
Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas :amuse

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages :darn

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time :notrust
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Football thread? Juventus rocks! Lots of traitors it seems, but Juve will rise once again! (and long live Del Piero) :P

And Inter seems to be winning Series A (unfortunately) while Juve series B (hopefully).



Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately :p)
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
ibra87 said:
Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately :p)
He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998 :nuts

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost :woo
Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Xophien said:
Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas :amuse

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages :darn

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time :notrust
Looks like Lyon's owner got the Abrahamovicitis. Don't let them give him up, Xoph!

bax said:
He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998 :nuts

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost :woo
Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)
Portsmouth won too! Well, they was playing against the Hammers and it took an old guy like Teddy to score. It's a shame really considering their team materials, they could do better.

@ibra: yes, he still is :D

Sorry I cant update the result for Eredivisie match on the 27th. I kept getting time out everytime i try to acces my source...
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Heh.. actually Lyon is one of my favourite to win the Champions' League this time. They are always great. But it's sad they're playing in less popular league --> when compared to the big ones like EPL, Serie A or La Liga.
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
bax said:
Heh.. actually Lyon is one of my favourite to win the Champions' League this time.
When you have a guy that is able to transform 95% of his freekicks into goals, of course it helps. And it's no matter the distance, no matter the goalkeeper.

bax said:
But it's sad they're playing in less popular league --> when compared to the big ones like EPL, Serie A or La Liga.
Not less "popular". Football in France is just as popular as in Spain or Italy (especially in three clubs, Lens, Saint-Etienne and Marseille). Just, the level isn't the same at all :sweat And though it pains me a lot to say it, Lyon would be better in a league like the EPL, because they're just too strong for the french Ligue 1 :blink I mean, the season is only halfway and they have a 15pts lead :s Heck, if they want to settle in the EPL, I think I'll take a loan to buy them all one-way plane tickets >.>
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Xophien said:
Not less "popular". Football in France is just as popular as in Spain or Italy (especially in three clubs, Lens, Saint-Etienne and Marseille). Just, the level isn't the same at all :sweat And though it pains me a lot to say it, Lyon would be better in a league like the EPL, because they're just too strong for the french Ligue 1 :blink I mean, the season is only halfway and they have a 15pts lead :s Heck, if they want to settle in the EPL, I think I'll take a loan to buy them all one-way plane tickets >.>
Thats sweet but, you see, there is already a french team in EPL! :p

God knows I`m a big Arsenal-fan, but there too much french in the team! (No offense, anybody)
Plus, There is more than enough teams fighting over the title already.

By the way, how much do think Lyon want for Juninho? :grin2 Thats some insane freekicks!
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Alex-san said:
Thats sweet but, you see, there is already a french team in EPL! :p

God knows I`m a big Arsenal-fan, but there too much french in the team! (No offense, anybody)
Yeah, but with Wenger as the manager, I guess that can't be helped^^" But it's true that seeing that Arsenal has more french players than english players... I mean, of course it's great if the team is the best possible, but as a supporter, if something like that were to happen in my team, it would sadden me quite a lot. I'm not advising a "no foreigners" policy, but well, to me a team with 90% of foreigners just sounds like a team of mercenaries, nothing more. That's kinda sad. And no I don't say that because all the good player are fleeing the french league for the EPL or the Liga or the Seria A or the Bundesliga >.>

Alex-san said:
By the way, how much do think Lyon want for Juninho? :grin2 Thats some insane freekicks!
Probably too much. He's getting quite old anyway, 31 years old, and I don't think Lyon would sold him to any cost anyway. Ever since they bought him five years ago, they won the french league each year. I'm not saying a single man allowed them to won all the leagues like that, but still, he scored over 40 free kicks in those five years, so of course he is part of the reason Lyon is damn invincible in the french league :darn
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Xophien said:
Probably too much. He's getting quite old anyway, 31 years old, and I don't think Lyon would sold him to any cost anyway. Ever since they bought him five years ago, they won the french league each year. I'm not saying a single man allowed them to won all the leagues like that, but still, he scored over 40 free kicks in those five years, so of course he is part of the reason Lyon is damn invincible in the french league :darn
Know how it feels with one dominant team in the league. Up here in Norway, Rosenborg has won 13 years in a row, from 1992 to 2004. Then finally another team claimed the title last year. But guess what. They won it again this year. :darn

That means they have been champions 16 times in the last 19 seasons! :s



.....I still want Juninho.... :p
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I'd post here more, but I'm not terribly interested in non Greek soccer unless it's Uefa.
My team is Aek fav player was Demis Nikolaidis before he retired (early) and became the president of the club.

I get fox sports, and English soccer is on at times, but.... please take no offense to this, but I cannot STAND your god awful announcers. I want to grab my tv and toss it out the window, I want to cockslap those god damn announcers with their annoying voices. If you've ever heard Howard Stern's morning show, when he has the "bababababababa" sound effect play during annoying interviews, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Besides that, they tend to show Chelsey, and I hate Lampard with a passion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top