Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, mine would be:

GK: Peter Schmeichel (can't beat big old dad even if his son is awesome, so far)
Defenders: Gary Neville, Tony Adams, John Terry, Dennis Irwin
Midfield: Eric Cantona, Bobby Robson
Wingers: David Beckham and George Best
Strikers: Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer
Subs: Michael Owen, Jamie Redknapp, Collin Hendry, Dennis Law, Gordon Banks, Roy Keane, Ian Rush

I know, it's a bit Man Utd-centric and a very attacking team. But they're good, imho and who needs that much defense when my team can score more than any team. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
@Epul

I find Giggs's last games too poor. He isnt nowhere near what he used to be...
That team is top notch too, but I'm surprised you picked Vidic. He's a good defender alright, but I think he's not as good as Ferdinand, Carvalho or even Campbell and Micah Richards

@Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

If we're to put the retired ones then you gotta put Bergkamp in it :P (and if beckham counts i'd also put Henry on it ;P)
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hey, you're absolutely right, Mendes! How on earth did i forget to put Bergkamp on the list. The Non-flying Dutchman got flair, mad football skills and awesome passing. It's a shame that Bergkamp and Overmars retired too soon. :D

Now, how about Serie-A?
My perfect Serie-A team would be:

GK: Gianluigi Buffon
Defenders: Javier Zanetti, Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro, Paolo Maldini
Midfielders: Zinedine Zidane, Marcel Desailly
Wingers: Juan Sebastian Veron, Kaka'
Strikers: Marco Van Basten, Diego Maradona
Subs: Dino Zoff, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Gabriel Omar Batistuta, Alessandro Nesta, Roberto Baggio, Edgar Davids
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
@Mendes- I agree he did not play well last time and he is not as fast as he was 10 years ago but no surprise there. However he is still one of the best left winger ever in the premier league. Considering how old he is, he is still able to contribute a lot to the team. As for vidic, I just like him for his no nonsense defending. Which in my opinion ferdinand lacks.. He also scores goals from headers which is a big plus.

Bergkamp was an awesome player alright. I still remember the times I used to hate him during his time at arsenal since I'm a Man utd fan :XD and I still find it funny that he hates to fly :XD

My perfect serie- A team:
GK- Gianlugi Buffor
Defenders- Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Ivan Cordoba, Cafu
Midfielders- Kaka, Nedved, Gattuso, Alessandro Del Piero
Striker- Luca Toni, Iaquinta
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Serie A perfect team:

GK-Buffon
Defs-Maldini(10 years ago), Javier Zanetti, Nesta, Daniel Passarella
Mids-Rijkaard, Rui Costa, Kaka, Del Piero
Forwards-Batigol, Diego Maradona

Subs- Zoff, Zambrotta, Costacurta, Chivu, Franco Baresi, Totti, Zola, Van Basten, Zidane, Gullit (ooops I've got 10 already...)

If we try the best spanish team ever, it will take even more time :P lucky we only have RM and barça to search in


EDIT: Hay Mr.Jose Mourinho have just left Chelsea :/ dunno why (God I hope he comes to train Portugal for the European Cup)
 
Last edited:

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Jose Mourinho is no longer Chelsea manager...
It is still unclear whether he decided to quit or he got fired but in my opinion he's had enough at chelsea and decided to quit.... what do you guys think?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, i was a bit suprised to see him leave all of a sudden. There must be something wrong between him and Abrahamovich. The next manager for Chelsea will have a team that's worth about an annual budget for a small nation. :D
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Well in my opinion, he was unhappy at chelsea more than anything really.. As a manager, he did not have as much control over his team as he would have liked especially in signing players.. Schevchenko and Ballack was brought in against his wishes and he has been trying to sign Ben Haim since last season and he only got him this season.There is also the fact that abrahamovic was looking for a manager to replace him when he was still manager. so i think he has had enough of all that and decided to call it quits.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Now then, any prediction who'll be replacing Morinho? What about Capello, isnt he out of job now and there was a bit of a rumor that he's on Abrahamovich target to replace Jose. :D
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yeah Capello seems to be the obvious choice but I think abrahamovich is trying to get Jurgen Klinsman to take over at chelsea which is not a bad choice at all. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Mourinho was fired by Abramovic, thus he got 20 Millions of Euros... If you're not familiarized with Euros, the amount he got is the normal amount of money that Euro Millions awards the winner... He could already buy his favorite club (Vitoria de Setubal)

It seems like its not an option for him to take Portuguese squad, but I'd like to see him in an Italy club. Inter or Juventus, for instance. Anyway, Mourinho has joined Capello at the club of the "gohsts for great team's managers". Now a bad result can be the end for a great team's manager.
About Capello managing Chelsea... maybe. I think he was already considering an experience in England, and he can do excellent omelettes with very few eggs. I'd like to see what he can do in the premier league
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Though Morinho had brought several trophies to add to Porto and Chelsea's collection, i wouldn't consider him a great coach yet. And I'm saying that because he still got a few years ahead of him to prove how good he really is. I mean, he did good with Porto and fairly decent with cosmopolitan club that Chelsea is now, but if he has yet to accomplished what Capello, Ferguson or Trappatoni did. He needs to show how good he is at making omelette with only a few good ingredients. :D
Anyways, he got a handsome severance pay from Abrahamovich. I can't imagine what i'm gonna do with that kind of money. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Actually I was wrong... he got 30 Millions instead of 'only' 20.
Anyway, he may lack the experience of an elder manager like those you mentioned, but he aint properly unexperienced. He started his manager career really soon and with the best, since he was Van Gaal and Bobby Robson's assistant manager in Barça.

Mourinho's sure got the talent. His 1st club as the main manager was at SL Benfica, a great club at Portugal, when the team was highly unmotivated because of their bad results at that time. His 1st game was against the champion, Sporting CP, and Benfica won 3-0

Also, I can never forget what he did in FC Porto, since its my club, it was surreal. I think today, Mourinho is as good or even better than many top class and experienced managers. Of course, we can only confirm this if he keep it up in his next challenge, wherever it may be (I bet on Inter Milan :P)
 

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Men, I enjoy every week playing FANTACALCIO (is a game were you create you're own team choosing 3 GK, 8 DF, 8 MD, 6 FW and every week with friends you have fantastic match based on how the real players played the matches of the week).
My Team (taken from SERIE A) is:

GK: Buffon (Muslera, Amelia)
DF: Materazzi, Cordoba, Nesta (Zaccardo, Maldini, Chivu, Zebina, Comotto)
MD: Gattuso, Vieira, Perrotta, Mancini (Cigarini, Vannucchi, Mudingayi, Mutarelli)
FW: Crespo, Ronaldo, Suazo (Recoba, Quagliarella, Inzaghi).

What do you think of my team? :yaha
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Well, i played the yahoo fantasy football game. :)
I think your team is pretty good Jiraya but I feel that your team might lack a little bit of creativity and flair in centre midfield. Maybe a player like Kaka might add more creativity in midfield. But hey, that's just what i think anyway and I'm no footballing expert :p

Just had to post this, Man utd beat Chelsea 2-0!!!! Simply fantastic!!!! :jbya :jbya and finally Tevez scores a goal. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Nice team Jiraya, very close to what i'd choose with a limited amount of cash. I guess playerslike kaka, pirlo or totti would be too expensive...

I play only the fantasy premier team, which can be found at premier league's official site. My team right now is:

GK: Sorensen(benched coz of injury), Kirkland
Def: R.Ferdinand, Mellberg, Micah Richards
Mid: Gerrard, Fabregas(captain, gets double points per match), Dunn, Kapo
Forwards:v.persie, Keane, Yakubu

Subs:Ben Haim(will be replaced by Carvalho when he comes out of injury), A.Ferdinand, Landzaat

@Epul- haha i guess dark times are coming for chelsea and most likely... Roberto Mancini! I do like Inter Milan since kid, but with this team they have to do more than this. The game against fenerbahce was terrible... I want to believe Mourinho is buying a plane ticket to Milano :D
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
yeah I agree. Dark times are coming for chelsea. At least until they get a proper manager. I really don't think Grant can do the job at chelsea. :p
 

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Mendes, you have a nice team, Fabregas especially is playing very well without Henry :dance ...

hey guy, what do you think of SS Lazio? Do you think that it will pass the first phase? Do you think it can beat the Real Madrid like Fenerbahce beated Inter? (I beg so :xp)
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, i do think Lazio have a chance to go through to the second round. However, i don't know about Lazio beating Madrid. Madrid is doing great so far in the league. Bernd Schuster is doing good, i bet he learned from Capello not to sell anyone who made a lot of money for the team. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So you're a Lazio fan :P Well, its true Royal has a devastating team this year, but I dont think they're having good results. They had a draw in the last game in the spanish league. I saw the game and it was very bad.

Still, RM seems to be a very different team in the Champions League. My FC Porto found itself in the same group as RM in the last years, and we always loose, even when they were doing bad in their internal league. I do believe Royal's going to pass the group stage placing 1st.

As for the 2nd place, I think Bremen is the favorite. They play very well and they are growing every year, but I must say I havent seen Lazio play this season yet. I honestly dont know if they are stronger than last year, since the results in serie A have been very bad in comparison to last season. You must know better than me if Lazio have what it takes to go trough the group stage
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top