Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yes, you're right... In this period Lazio is not playin' very well...
BTW, I usually bet somethin' on football, for you (mendes and Ichi G n T) who will win between Atletico Bilbao and Atletico Madrid? Or it will end in a draw? Bilbao plays at home... eheh, who will win?

P.S.: I'm very lucky in betting... in the Euro 2004 I bet 3 € on the Greek winner. It was 1:1000... I won 3 thousand euros and I bought a new Pc :jk
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
For Bilbao against Madrid, i still have to favor Los Galacticos. The reason is pretty much biased, i'm a big fan of Ruud van Nistelrooy. :D I still don't understand why he got transferred from Man Utd. He's like the new Van Basten and we all saw know how good he is in scoring. :D

And i stopped betting on football games since last World Cup. I think i used up all my football betting luck, on a friendly bet in which i picked Italy to win the World Cup. :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
P.S.: I'm very lucky in betting... in the Euro 2004 I bet 3 € on the Greek winner. It was 1:1000... I won 3 thousand euros and I bought a new Pc :jk
... dont bring those memories back from me... the greeks won twice against us... the 1st and the last game, taking our 1st cup from us :'(((( (and we were playing at home)
Still, that was a lucky bet, they were probably the team I less expected to win...

About the game against Bilbao, I'm with Ichimaru, Bilbao is very weak right now, and Madrid can get amazing performances when they are playing full strength. The flying dutchman is always looking up to score, I believe he's the best striker of his generation.

So I bet on Royal's victory, but tell me, when is that game going to take place? Coz I looked on the recent schedule of the spanish league and I didnt find any game between them for the next weeks... is it from Copa Del Rey?
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
There's definitely no doubt that Real Madrid is doing great at the moment and i agree with mendes, they sure look a different team when it comes to Champion's League. But my money is definitely on Barcelona to win la liga this seson, just looking at the lineup, henry, ronaldinho, messi, eto and deco, they're like the new galacticos... :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Oh between Barça and Royal I also think Barça's stronger. I think their team this year is simply legendary. If Ronaldinho is playing worse, then Messi's playing for both of them... he's been amazing every game since Copa America (inclusive).

I was also impressed by Touré, he's doing great and he even made Deco or Iniesta go to the bench, which is impressive, to say the least. He reminds me of Patrick Vieira for his game style, physical and mental ability.

Barça this season is most impressive. I think they are the main favorites for the champions league this year, even tough I have faith in Inter's victory (and who knows, FC Porto... cant blame me for dreaming xD)


I've just witnessed a football match massacre from barcelona. The poor victim was Real Zaragoza. Its true Zaragoza has a great team, but they rarely got inside barça's side of the field, such was the impetuosity of barça's attack.

Lets face it, Barça is too strong... Messi is playing too well, just like Iniesta. Deco is improving and Henry is finally showing up. Xavi is as good as ever and Toure gets better every game. They had about 40 clear chances to score qith 70-30 in ball possession. They can get to the luxury of playing their younger stars at the second half, like Dos Santos and Bojan.

The result was 4-1 (yes, zaragoza scored by zapater, in one of their rare attacks), two early goals by messi, marquez and iniesta completed the massacre. I dont think Royal can keep up with this. True they won 5-0 against Vilarreal, but without some influent players, they cant play so well (remember barça is playing like this without ronaldinho, injured)
 
Last edited:

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Oh, no guys, you misunderstood the teams! It was athletico bilbao vs athletico madrid (not Real Madrid :xd)... however I followed your suggestion and I bet 10 €... THANKS! (It won for 2 goals :yaha)...
Eh Eh, I'm a lucky man, eh?
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
loool we sure did... lucky you. I'd bet on Atletico Madrid as well. This year they made a huge investment on world class players. I have high hopes for them this season (meaning a 3rd, 4th, royal and barça seem destined to get the 1st 2 spots).

I have a question 4 you, Jiraya. You follow Serie A right? Who do you think will win the serie A this year?

I bet 10€ on Inter's win with a friend of mine, against every other team. For what I can see, Inter is doing fine in serie A, but Juventus and Roma are impressing me too much... I wasnt expecting such competition :/
 

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I hope Roma will get the scudetto this season, the team's growing stronger...they doing their best to bring some quality players, it's just like it was when Capello coaching Roma. With Totti retirement from Azurri (which i also regret) it's sure can help them focus on scudetto challenge and derby against Lazio ^_-.

But what i fear is when they have to face MU in CL, damn those 7-1 massacre still haunt me.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, even i still don't get why Roma played that bad. I mean, losing to a goal or two is not unusual, but they conceded seven goals! I was hoping for an awesome no holds barred game, but too bad it was a bloody massacre for Roma. But on the other side, Man Utd faced some pretty tough game after that, they won 3-2 against AC Milan and then they were beaten 3-0 at the second leg. I guess the term you win some, you lose some still applies everywhere. :D
Well, there's gonna be some awesome matches this weekend in both Serie-A, La Liga and EPL. Anyone got any match preview or something to share with us? :D
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
EPL preview taken from yahoo:

Manchester City v Newcastle United

City striker Rolando Bianchi is out, although he has appeared mainly on the bench lately anyway. Emile Mpenza should play as a lone striker. Obafemi Martins returns to the Newcastle side in the absence of Michael Owen, while Claudio Cacapa is expected to miss out.

Chelsea v Fulham

Didier Drogba makes a surprise return from injury, while Avram Grant may bring Steve Sidwell into his midfield to cover for the suspended John Obi Mikel. Frank Lampard is still out. Fulham could line up unchanged from last weekend with no new fitness concerns for Lawrie Sanchez.

Wigan Athletic v Liverpool

Paul Scharner has shaken off a knock and should play, but Denny Landzaat joins Emile Heskey on the sidelines. Injury doubts also remain over Luis Valencia and Kevin Kilbane. Liverpool have no major injuries but Rafa Benitez's selection is anyone's guess with Marseille coming up on Wednesday.

West Ham United v Arsenal

Alan Curbishley could stick with some of the players that featured in midweek Carling Cup action, with Scott Parker, Fredrik Ljungberg and Luis Boa Morte vying for inclusion. Robin van Persie should return for the Gunners, who have Tomas Rosicky out and a doubt over Alexander Hleb.

Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers

Roy Keane's side are without the suspended Dickson Etuhu, while centre-back Nyron Nosworthy is rated 50-50 to play. Six other first-teamers are injured. Blackburn are still without their captain Ryan Nelsen, with Andre Ooijer continuing to deputise at centre-back.

Portsmouth v Reading

Harry Redknapp has an enormous squad, but has slight fitness concerns over Nwankwo Kanu, Benjani Mwaruwari and John Utaka. Lauren is pushing for a return ahead of Glen Johnson at right-back. American Bobby Convey is the latest name on Steve Coppell's missing list.

Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Centre-back Darren Moore is expected to return to the centre of defence for Billy Davies' side, with Dean Leacock making way. Craig Fagan is still suspended. Ivan Campo is pushing for inclusion after a slight injury, while Daniel Braaten could miss out. There is still no Jlloyd Samuel.

Birmingham City v Manchester United
Mikkel Forssell faces a lengthy spell out with a hernia, while midfielder Borja Oubina is also absent for Steve Bruce. Sir Alex Ferguson should name a more familiar line-up after the midweek Carling Cup fiasco. He must perm two from the trio of Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez and Louis Saha.

Everton v Middlesbrough

Star man Mikel Arteta is not expected to return from injury, but goalkeeper Tim Howard could be back. Nuno Valente and Tony Hibbert also face fitness battle for Everton, with Yakubu expected to replace Victor Anichebe up front. Boro have Jeremie Aliabdiere and Julio Arca out, but Jonathan Woodgate returns.

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

No surprises for guessing that Jermain Defoe will not start for Spurs, who will revert to the Keane-Berbatov strike partnership. Aston Villa are missing the injured John Carew, and may play Luke Moore as a lone striker ahead of Stiliyan Petrov, or else call on Marlon Harewood.

Game to watch would probably be Arsenal against West Ham. I get the feeling it's gonna be a cracker.
Bolton against Derby, I think derby gonna lose big again with Anelka scoring a couple of goals.
For man united, I really hope fergie play Tevez- rooney- saha together. Rooney and Saha up top and tevez playing just behind them.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, sometimes a team creates thousands attempts on goal, but they dont score any, sometimes a team creates just a few attempts and score the same amount of goals... in M.Utd vs Roma last year the same thing happened. Everything went fine on them. The same thing happened in Monaco-Deportivo a few years ago, with an insane 8-3.

Even with M.Utd far stronger than that time, I dont believe Roma will ever be humiliated like that. In fact, I have high hopes from this encounter. Roma's playing very well, I'm surprised with them. When they lost Chivu to Inter, I thought they would be weaker this year, but they got Juan now, witch is one of the best defenders the way I see it, and even cicinho and Giuly.

The match I expect the most tomorrow is the Roma-Inter. I hope Inter gets the win, for the sake of the 10€ I bet :P but it'll be an awesome match for sure.

Epul's already reviewed the premier league, I've got nothing to add (I also expect a great match out of West Ham-Arsenal).
In Germany, Leverkusen's playing at home with Bayern.
In Portugal, Sporting's visiting Benfica in the classic portuguese derby.
In Spain, Zaragoza vs Sevilla will be a very nice match. Sevilla is as strong as last year and Zaragoza has one of the best teams in La Liga.
In Italy, apart from the game of the week, we have an interesting derby between Torino and Juventus. I believe they both came from the Serie B this season, and remember they shared the same stadium (Delle Alpi) a few years ago(now juve owns it all).

Well, I've got my schedule full for tomorrow :P gotta go buy tons of beer! :beer
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
wow, in portugal Sporting against Benfica. That's gotta be a good game. Derby game are always good :) Make sure you tell us about the game later Mendes.
Inter against Roma, definitely gonna be a good game. Just for the record, my money is on Inter to win the game. My predictions is 2-1 to Inter.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, in Portugal the most important teams are Porto, Sporting and Benfica (these last 2 are from Lisbon). I must say I'm not very impressed with both Sporting and Benfica this season. Not only I'm a Porto fan (just with that I'm suspicious... dont take me serious when I speak about our rival clubs pls), but we're in the 1st place with some advance, so this game comes in handy for me. We have everything to increase the distance to our rivals this week.

Here in Portugal, Porto's been owning in the last 10 years, but Benfica's got much more title history and Sporting has simply brilliant schools (Figo, Ronaldo, Viana, Quaresma, M.Veloso, Moutinho and Nani are just some of the talents 'made in sporting'). I believe Sporting is way stronger now, but Benfca is playing home (they are the greatest team in the world in number of associates) and they have the master Rui Costa in great shape by their side, so its pretty much even... which is great, so they can draw >: )
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! Inter RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

Roma got PWNED!!!!!!! 4-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! Inter RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

Roma got PWNED!!!!!!! 4-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehe I'm as happy as you are!

In summary, the match was great till Giuly got himself expelled, for defending zlatan's shot with the hands, inside the short box. After that the game was one-sided and slower.
Also, Chelsea's screwed up at home. 0-0 with Fulham. United won 1-0 with Ronaldo's goal. Arsenal did another nice match against West Ham, with a 1-0 victory. The goal was scored by van persie.

I recently found some nice youtube football videos in a magazine. Check this out:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=91nWpdl_Vxw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dC8_RC2BfDs
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yRw-RYFbcT4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvHjfrBS1Q
 

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
loool we sure did... lucky you. I'd bet on Atletico Madrid as well. This year they made a huge investment on world class players. I have high hopes for them this season (meaning a 3rd, 4th, royal and barça seem destined to get the 1st 2 spots).

I have a question 4 you, Jiraya. You follow Serie A right? Who do you think will win the serie A this year?

I bet 10€ on Inter's win with a friend of mine, against every other team. For what I can see, Inter is doing fine in serie A, but Juventus and Roma are impressing me too much... I wasnt expecting such competition :/

Mmmmmh, it's a difficult question.... Inter is a great team, and now is playing well; in the past nineteen years the Inter gained only 1 scudetto even though it was a great team... I think Inter can win the Serie A this year, but Roma will try on stealin' it...

P.S.: I beg on Inter because I am a Lazio supporter and I hate Roma....


Hey guys... It's Incredible :crying...
Chelsea draws with Fullham, Psv draws with Breda...(I lost 2 bets) what can I say? The world is going to explode? What's goin' on in the football world? Bah, For you, what is the most incredible result of a recent match?
 
Last edited:

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Well my most incredible result would be Chelsea drawing against Fulham and Portsmouth agaisnt Reading which ended 7-4!!!! Yes you heard me right 7-4.
Man united scraped another 1-0 victory. 5 wins in a row for man united and 5 clean sheets.
Next up, Man united against roma.............

@mendes- how did the sporting vs. benfica derby go?
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
draw 0-0... so that porto could win their own derby with boavista (2-0) and increase the gap to both the rivals :P haha with rivals like this it becomes easier to win the league.

Anyway, I was also amazed with portsmouth 7- 4 reading. The most impressive result this week has to be bremen 8 - 1 Arminia (Hugo Almeida scored twice).

Just a note, Henry scored his 1st goals for barça in the league, with an Hat-Trick xDDD. Messi scored the other goal, and barça got another 4-1 in Levante's field. I didnt see this match, but I heard it was the best match off'em this season, so it has to be amazing. Can anyone stop this Barça?
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I also missed the Barca game..... :scry We all know how good Henry is. It's just a matter of time before he does something like that. I don't think anyone can stop barca at the moment and that is without Ronaldinho playing welll.... just scary really....
 

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just a note, Henry scored his 1st goals for barça in the league, with an Hat-Trick xDDD. Messi scored the other goal, and barça got another 4-1 in Levante's field. I didnt see this match, but I heard it was the best match off'em this season, so it has to be amazing. Can anyone stop this Barça?
Well...it seems Henry's got himself onform again, and that's scary,if he isn't had any injuries this season, i fear that he and barca are unstoppable.

The match I expect the most tomorrow is the Roma-Inter. I hope Inter gets the win, for the sake of the 10€ I bet :P but it'll be an awesome match for sure.
HuHuHuhu....good for you, you won your bet T_T :D, i didn't see when Giuly was sent off and Ibra took the execution (I heard the commentators said it, but i was wondering who's off :notrust), i saw Perotta scored when they 1 goal down in minimarket near my house, when i'm back to my room they were already lost 2-1, poor me i had to see the other 2 goals.

P.S.: I beg on Inter because I am a Lazio supporter and I hate Roma....
HeheHeh... FORZA ROMA :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top