Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I created a team there yesterday. I just didnt like not being able to select more than 2 players from the same team... so my team is:
GK: Helton, Tiago
Def: Daniel Alves, Roberto Carlos, Ricardo Carvalho, Cordoba, Piqué
Mid:Quaresma, Alex, Pirlo, Fabregas, Fletcher
Attack:Adebayor, Nistelrooy, Lucarelli

and yours refi(aka Lohnt)?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
refi is fine, I don't mind =) I changed my name because.. not sure why, it was 4am and spur of the moment

My champs league team sucks, but I think I'm better at the Uefa cup
Dream team 1: Reina LIV 13 6 Porto (H)
Dream team 2: Júlio César OLY 14 6 Lazio (A)
Dream team 3: Sergio Ramos RM 12 5 Bremen (A)
Dream team 4: Sagna ARS 21 - Sevilla (A)
Dream team 5: Ferrari ROM 2 1 Dynamo Kyiv (A)
Dream team 6: Cristiano Ronaldo MU 34 9 Sporting (H)
Dream team 7: Katsouranis BEN 12 2 Milan (H)
Dream team 8: Galletti OLY 19 4 Lazio (A)
Dream team 9: Kaká MIL 22 11 Benfica (A)
Dream team 10: McDonald (C) CEL 10 2 Shakhtar (H)
Dream team 11: Raúl RM 22 2 Bremen (A)
Dream team 12: Quim BEN 16 4 Milan (H)
Dream team 13: Daniel Alves SEV 12 6 Arsenal (H)
Dream team 14: Leandro Lima POR 2 - Liverpool (A)
Dream team 15: Dică


Cup -
Dream team 1: Adler LEV 8 - -
Dream team 2: Lahm BAY - - Braga (A)
Dream team 3: Goumas PAN 12 - -
Dream team 4: Capdevila VIL 7 - -
Dream team 5: Osman EVE 10 - -
Dream team 6: Ivanschitz PAN 9 - -
Dream team 7: Barnetta LEV 3 - -
Dream team 8: Ivić (C) ARI - - Bolton (A)
Dream team 9: Klose BAY 10 - Braga (A)
Dream team 10: Frutos AND 10 - -
Dream team 11: Larsson HEL 6 - Austria Wien (H)
Dream team 12: Chalkias ARI - - Bolton (A)
Dream team 13: Seitaridis ATL - - Aberdeen (H)
Dream team 14: Maxi Rodríguez ATL 1 - Aberdeen (H)
Dream team 15: Papastathopoulos AEK 2 - Fiorentina (H)

Do you want to make a league? Like a mangahelpers league =p so we can play together?
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm for it :P I created the "MangaHelpersLeague". Anyone is free to join. The score starts with gameweek 5
EDIT: oh and the code to join is 292089-42254 (details...)
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
My team (carnality) suuuuuuuuuucks

but I tend to suck at fantasy sports, I should have gambled on the games today.. I was mostly right about the results.
 

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Hey, what's this MangaHelpersLeague? Explain better please (I'm just too slow on understanding) that I want to join.... Pleeeease :wtf
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Go here http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html
Look on the right menu, there is a box called fanzone, sign up and make a team

then go here

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/index.html look on the right, enter the SAME e-mail, no need to sign up twice, just sign IN twice, make another team and then use the code: 292089-42254 to join our league

You won't get all the players you want in Champs League, because by matchday 5 they're already freaking uber expensive, that's why I suggest making a uefa cup team now while they're still relatively cheap.

Freaking Fabergas is like 4 years younger than me..
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I'm for it :P I created the "MangaHelpersLeague". Anyone is free to join. The score starts with gameweek 5
EDIT: oh and the code to join is 292089-42254 (details...)
Awesome!!!! I'm certainly gonna join!

BTW, Man united beat Blackburn 2-0. Ronaldo scored both goal. Chelsea drew with Everton. Drogba and Cahill with the goal. Cahill's goal was awesome! Tottenham beat Wigan 4-0. Didn't see the game but heard Tottenham played some excellent football.

EDIT: I've joined!!! My team is (Winning Eleven :) )
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Looks like the extra Portugal boost improved Ronaldo's game lately. With Nani being on the team, CR got a useful backup/duet and they both could play both left and right winger.
And Spur was awesome. They made the right decision hiring that Sevilla coach. :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
This is the code to join the Mangahelpersleague in the Uefa CUP fantasy football, apparently the code wont work for both

30731-3838


I have to stop gambling on soccer.

No, I need to stop gambling period.
 
Last edited:

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I may do a UEFA cup team later... In the CL league, why cant we see each others teams? :/
And Lohnt... wtf... you're a benfica fan? You selected Benfica as your favorite team!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Out of the teams that are competing in Champs League, yea I'm a Benfica fan =p

Katsouranis! Although without Santos and Karagounis gone, less than I used to be.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
bah... I hate Benfica :P
In Portugal its a reciprocal feeling between Porto and Benfica
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Really? I always assumed Sporting and Porto had a rivalry.. To be honest, I shouldn't be such a Benfica fan though, because they've been giving us some really crappy trades like Manduca and Morreto. Manu isn't bad, but speed alone can only get you so far. Manduca has reached his peak (which isn't even halfway as good as the potential of our younger players) and Morreto threw the ball at our defenders BACK during the Sevilla match.. I mean it's absurd.

Oh well. Actually to be honest, I've started being an Arsenal fan this season, especially since they're interested in one of my favorite players from AEK (Papastathopoulos), with Fabregas, they're starting to build a young team around him with talented players and it's really interesting to me to see the result. From what I've heard their scouts were at the U19 finals scouting for players.

Also this season I really like Barca's offensive lineup (Toure and up), I don't really recognize their defenders, but their offense is incredible. I wouldn't call myself a fan though.. just admire their skill.
 

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
hey...have you guys heard what happened in Serie A?3 games postponed mainly because the clash between fans and police, and unfortunately there was a Lazio fan was accidentally shot by police and died. here's the news

http://soccerway.com/news/2007/November/11/football-fans-death-sparks-renewed-violence-in-italy
http://soccerway.com/news/2007/Nove...g-plunges-italy-into-new-football-fan-turmoil
http://soccerway.com/news/2007/Nove...n-faces-manslaughter-inquiry-into-fan-killing

so what do you guys think?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Something like that never happened here, games usually continues, unless the riot in the stadium is too much to handle. But i havent heard about any death caused by football riot, considering that we got lots of them here, it's gonna happen sooner or later.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Its just sad that people use football as an excuse to resort to violence. Unfortunately this happens everywhere, with different ratios
 

pseudorca

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
128
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Something like that never happened here, games usually continues, unless the riot in the stadium is too much to handle. But i havent heard about any death caused by football riot, considering that we got lots of them here, it's gonna happen sooner or later.
Well the cops might still be able to contain riots in the stadium, except in extreme conditions. But the trouble is when it continues outside the stadium. Whenever my local team has a match, I wouldn't dare venture downtown...
And It seems that most tragedies involving football riots around the world occur outside the stadium... and the policy had to resort to violence, which led to even more trouble (like what happened in italy)

After reading the wiki article about it, I found that it is actually quite an interesting phenomenon, how hooliganism developed almost wherever football(soccer) is played... I wonder if any sociologist had done any proper study on this matter...

Hmmm, I don't remember any riots happening in captain tsubasa >.>
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
yaayyyy, turkey beat norway 2-1 at norway!!!!! it seems turkey gonna be in euro-championship this summer (of course turkey needs one more win, in last game)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Israel beat Russia 2-1. Steve McCLaren must be very relieved with that result. Now England has a good chance to qualify. They probably just need a draw in the next game....Lucky England...... :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
portugal won once again, but i'm getting tired of such poor football we're playing... this time we only got a 1-0 victory at home against armenia. Well, we 'only' need a home draw next wednesday against finlandia. For real, we need a very different performance to survive the last game...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top