Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Lohnt you're throwing out many favorites at the group stage :P I honestly dont think Greece will go ahead of Sweden. I doubt Spain'll win... they always have nice teams but they usually win nothing. I bet on Portugal ftw, as long as we dont face Italy
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You're Right! :kukuku

:whooFORZA AZZURRI!:whoo
Well, we leave for someone else to eliminate Italy instead, then we beat them :P
Now that we speak of Italy, I've been watching Inter massacre Fiorentina and Lazio, with 2 amazing performances. I guess I'll win my bet xD
 

Patoz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
475
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I've been watching Inter massacre Fiorentina and Lazio, with 2 amazing performances. I guess I'll win my bet xD
Uff... Lazio has not been massacrated, has lost, but it will never surrender to Inter!

FORZA LAZIO
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Uff... Lazio has not been massacrated, has lost, but it will never surrender to Inter!
Call it what you want! As long as I win my bet, its cool :P


PORTO! 1st spot in the group with the win over Besiktas. We owned the match, and Besiktas's defense was very weak. I can see how Liverpool got that massacre on them... We went along with L'pool to the next stage, as they won 4-0 in france. Its amazing how we got ahead of them with 2 more goals conceded and 10 goals scored behind :|

Schalke will accompany chelsea to the next stage, with the win over Rosenborg. Valencia wasted their chance of getting to the UEFA cup, with the draw in London.

Royal Madrid got the 1st spot in group C, with the same points as Olympiakos. Bremen takes the UEFA cup and Lazio's out (too bad Patoz, a hell of a group)

I'm happy with the opponents Porto avoided by placing 1st. No Royal Madrid, Chelsea, Milan, Man Utd, Barça and Inter. Now I just wanna avoid Lyon, Roma and Sevilha/Arsenal in the next stage :P
As for my 1st bet on the upcoming draws, I'd match up Liverpool with Chelsea, once again. (and maybe a Barça-Roma xD)
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm glad that Liverpool sort of trash Marseille. I'm going support Liverpool no matter who it gets in the next round. :dance
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Liverpool....pfff...bunch of Scousers....red pansies xD (is really annoyed arsenal didnt qualify at the top of table, so is taken it on the only available outlet :p). As for the good news manchester only drew! :smile-big
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
hahaha. Manchester draws or Chelsea loses is always good news for me. So long Liverpool doesn't draw. It's a crazy season for Liverpool so far. It has no loses (until that match with Reading) but they are just stuck at P4 because they draw too many times. O___o

Rafa's conflict with Hicks is not going to ameliorate the tension between the team and the managerial position and the owners of the club too. Ah.....
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Speaking about liverpool, have you heard the news about gerrards home being burgled while he playing away at Marseille. Full story

And Cappello becoming england coach. :woo :clap :clap2
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Heh, poor Gerrard, that's terrible...

There's no doubt Liverpool is one of the greatest teams in europe right now, but I think they are where they belong in the Premier league. Both Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are way more regular than them, and that just gives us an idea of how amazing the english premier league is today. Every english team got to CL's next round, and all of them are strong candidates to the final win.

As for Capello being English coach, I really think he may be able to 'save' England's national team. He's the best in my view and although he never coached in England (at least I dont remember him coaching any team in there) he has what it takes to bring England's potential back on top
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
And speaking about Gerrard, his team got beaten by Manchester Utd last night with a great goal by Carlos Tevez in the 64th minute.
And bad news for England's new manager, John Terry seems to be back in the injured list after Chelsea's match against Arsenal last night -- where Arsenal won 1-0. :D

Oh, AC Milan won 4-2 against Boca Juniors, looks like those old players still got alot of fight in them. Super Pippo scored twice! :D
 

thegreatest08

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
the ac vs boca was awesome. i reckon Seedorf should of gotten a goal cuz of all the hard work he did to set up most of the goals. n we bet Liverpool last night 0-1. second in the ladder wanted arsenal to lose bt yeah they didnt. all three matches were good
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Aye, looks like ichi-san got here before me. Gallas was awesome, almu was awesome, the whole damn team was awesome. I'm even starting to like gallas's ridiculous hair style. And im hearing some anti-arsenal sentiments...but hey, if your the best in the league yo expect a little jealousy from other teams. Its nothing new to me :pleased

And on the topic of ac milan, Maldini is retiring :o. A lost to football without a doubt! Link .

As for Capello being English coach, I really think he may be able to 'save' England's national team. He's the best in my view and although he never coached in England (at least I dont remember him coaching any team in there) he has what it takes to bring England's potential back on top
That is true, he can save us. We are currently being plagued with players having this "super-star" mentality, and im sure he will be able to insert some real discipline within the squad. His achivements speak for themselves, but if i were to give him any advice is to be wary of the media. They broke sven in the end, and made McClaren to look like a complete idiot, but as long as he wins every game im sure everybody will keep on supporting him. :p
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, Maldini retiring is a sad news indeed. The way he performs, he still have 2 or 3 years left. His retirement will be a great lost to Milan and the football world. Personally, I think he's one of the best defender and I hope several years from now there will be another Maldini in the Milan team. :D
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Maldini's retirement is truly a huge loss for football. Well, I suppose he knows his physical capabilities more than anyone... I guess he wouldnt be tired of winning titles in Milan :P

Guys, tomorrow is the drawing for the UEFA Cup and CL :drool

CL:
Pot 1- FC Porto (xD); Chelsea; Royal Madrid; Milan; Barcelona; Mac Utd; Inter Milan; Sevilla

Pot 2 - Liverpool; Schalke; Olympiakos; Celtic; Lyon; Roma; Fenerbahce; Arsenal

If your team is in pot 2, pray so it wont be scheduled with FC Porto :P (specially if you're an Arsenal, L'pool or Roma fan :/) I want Celtic!

Oh and almost forgot... this Sunday... Barça-Royal Madrid! wee Henry's back, both teams are at their finest, I wish these games had 180 minutes instead of 90... always amazing!
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Here's the result of the draw for 07/08 Champions League First Knockout Round

Schalke - Porto 19/02 & 05/03
Roma - Real Madrid 19/02 & 05/03
Olympiacos - Chelsea 19/02 & 05/03
Liverpool - Internazionale 19/02 & 11/03
Celtic - Barcelona 20/02 & 04/03
Lyon - Man. United 20/02 & 04/03
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla 20/02 & 04/03
Arsenal - Milan 20/02 & 04/03
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
yeah, a nice draw for me :P I just didnt like the day of the matches... I wont be able to watch Roma - Real Madrid and Liverpool - Internazionale, due to Porto vs Schalke being played the same day. Still, very nice matches. I'd say every team placed 1st in the group stage is the favorite for the next round.

Dont forget tomorrow there's a Barça- Real Madrid xD Both teams are at their finest, no injuries or suspensions that I remember :P watta match!

EDIT: Oh and almost forgot... Inter - Milan xD watta sunday it'll be
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Inter vs Milan was a display why Milan should be thinking about doing a last minute mega-shopping to add to their current team. i have no idea what that goalkeeper was doing?! I still shake my head in disbelieve everytime i saw that goal (which the tv keep on repeating).
It wasnt just a goalkeeping horror, it was a goalkeeping nightmare on elm street.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Still, Inter clearly deserved to win. Milan is a team with serious limitations.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, age is definitely a limiting factor in Milan now. :XD
Other than that. they seriously need to toughen up their defense and get a new goalkeeper. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top