hah, and I missed the game! I was only able to see the 1st half and it was being amazing. Ronaldo's goal was superb and I heard Terry stumbled when he was attempting to score the winning penalty for Chelsea xD Must be tough to have the CL title one penalty away and miss it
Terry's standing foot slipped when he took the penalty and it was still to close for comfort. The blame really lies with Anelka whose penalty was poor and Drogba who acted like an arse and got himself sent off by slapping Vidic
Was any Man u fans anxious about Van Der Sar in the shootout, he didnt have a great game in normal time and had chances to save penalties in the shootout but was unable to get a strong enough hand to it. Anelka really bottled it
I thought we were going to lose when ronaldo miss, and when terry was taking a penalty. Glad he missed. Drogba would have taken the penalty instead of terry so it is kinda his fault.
Ronaldo also said in the same interview that he would do the same thing again if the same situation arose in a match and that he has no regrets. Im guessing this time though he'll be off to Madrid
what is it with Madrid, they just keep signing the best for there team, thats not fair, after everyone leaves Madrid they suck too. They are like the Yankees of soccer
Real Madrid were formally known as the Galáctico's of football which is spanish for superstars. This policy meant that Real Madrid would sign players due to marketing potential. Usually the best players have the highest marketing potential but then you get people like Beckham who are decent footballers but money makers for the club. To make things worse they sacked a winning coach, Hierro left due to an internal dispute and sold off Makelele. Because of this they failed to win anything for three years
For the last two seasons Madrid have not gone for Galácticos but for more effective players like Diarra, Ramos, Cannavaro, Gago, Higuian and Sneijder. Since they have been winning league titles recently they are now being linked with the real top players like Kaka, Fabregas and Ronaldo of course.
About the people that left Madrid sucking there are explanations. Figo was old, Beckham has had injury problems and Ronaldo is a fat shit period
GOOOOOOOOO, MANCHESTER UNITED BABY, finally we are the champs again.
<hr noshade size="1">
what is it with Madrid, they just keep signing the best for there team, thats not fair, after everyone leaves Madrid they suck too. They are like the Yankees of soccer
That is more like chelsea. Real madrid dont go crazy in the international transfer market like they use too. If you see their squad its not like its filled with HUGE superstars, its like any other big team. Chelsea have taken the role of being the galacticos of football. And to be fair, madrid doesnt really need to try so hard to attract big star players, its the most succesful team in europe and the attraction that it holds for ronaldo is understandable. I guess he will go eventually but maybe not this season, especially if ferguson doesnt want to sell him. Maybe in a few years when his form starts to dip or he gets in one of those epic ego clashes with sir alex.
As for the final, it was a match of two halves. United dominated in the first, and i was suprised to see probably wes brown's performance of the season. I was really impressed with him, he was delivering amazing crosses, defending well, and attacking too. All round good performance by him, as for united, they probably should have been upfront by half time. Chelsea in the first half though were dire, couldnt seem to hold onto the ball, although near the end they started to get better, especially in the second half when their were times united were played off the pitch. Exciting final, good match by both teams, they both gave it their all.
btw, was it only me or was everybody seemed to be falling on the floor at the begining of the match? Sheesh >.>
Edit:
Poor terry...but i couldnt stop laughing to this >.>;
Looked at the pic, its sly but funny,
On Sky they said the slipping was due to the pitch. The blades that players use were cutting up the pitch apparently so many players were slipping and had to switch to studs like Cashley Cole did 10 mins into the match
Looked at the pic, its sly but funny,
On Sky they said the slipping was due to the pitch. The blades that players use were cutting up the pitch apparently so many players were slipping and had to switch to studs like Cashley Cole did 10 mins into the match
I heard the pitch was a right mess the day before, the russians just put it in or something. Ah, I saw the cashley changing the studs didnt know it was to do with the pitch...my hopes were raised though, because at first i thought he was in pain...but alas it was not to be and he continued.
Give it time. I expect it to dominate the headlines in the coming weeks. Probably a player will say something and it will end in a war of words like it always does...I wonder if grant will keep his job, i first thought he was a joke, but on his achievments have been pretty impressive. Although barnsley and tottenham have been pretty funny, i think he did a alright job overall.
The euro's are coming and england is playing a friendly too! I wonder what capello will do, he still adjusting i suppose, but i hope for a good match. (i.e 10:0 to england )
Yup, imo Grant deserves to keep his job he's done a better job than the special one would have. Unfortunately its big gay Rmn Abr making the decisions and because of that he'll be out and somone like Rijkaard or Mancini will be in charge next season to bring some "sexy" football.
The reason why i loathe ITV lies in a commentator named David Pleat, hes like ITV's eqiuvalent of Jamie. I wanted to strangle him when he called Pirlo Perlo for every AC Milan game ITV covered over the last three seasons
The euro's are coming and england is playing a friendly too! I wonder what capello will do, he still adjusting i suppose, but i hope for a good match. (i.e 10:0 to england )
Real Madrid were formally known as the Galáctico's of football which is spanish for superstars. This policy meant that Real Madrid would sign players due to marketing potential. Usually the best players have the highest marketing potential but then you get people like Beckham who are decent footballers but money makers for the club. To make things worse they sacked a winning coach, Hierro left due to an internal dispute and sold off Makelele. Because of this they failed to win anything for three years
For the last two seasons Madrid have not gone for Galácticos but for more effective players like Diarra, Ramos, Cannavaro, Gago, Higuian and Sneijder. Since they have been winning league titles recently they are now being linked with the real top players like Kaka, Fabregas and Ronaldo of course.
About the people that left Madrid sucking there are explanations. Figo was old, Beckham has had injury problems and Ronaldo is a fat shit period
I agree Real Madrid's recent market policy has improved a lot last 2 years. I just wonder if that had a hand of Capello. Up till he came, Madrid had thousands of superstars and in unbalanced positions. I think he cleaned the house when he came. Then Schuster came and didnt get too excited with the financial power of the club and Robben was probably the only 'star' hired last season.
One of RMadrid's biggest problems is, imo, the presidential elections. Any candidate for president of RM has to have a Lot of money, and the candidates use to promise to hire the world's top superstars to get more votes, and it actually works very well... What doesnt work so well is the sportive success of those superstars.
I think Madrid would have done much better with Makelele, Cambiasso, Eto'o and as you mentioned, specially Hierro. He was a top class center back and a huge captain. Probably the most important player in a decade of Madrid's impressive period.
I think Figo was being important for Madrid when they were in 'dark times', on Barça's shadow. He's amazing at pushing the team forward, but he cant take being benched, and left for better that time.
That is more like chelsea. Real madrid dont go crazy in the international transfer market like they use too. If you see their squad its not like its filled with HUGE superstars, its like any other big team. Chelsea have taken the role of being the galacticos of football. And to be fair, madrid doesnt really need to try so hard to attract big star players, its the most succesful team in europe and the attraction that it holds for ronaldo is understandable. I guess he will go eventually but maybe not this season, especially if ferguson doesnt want to sell him. Maybe in a few years when his form starts to dip or he gets in one of those epic ego clashes with sir alex.
As for the final, it was a match of two halves. United dominated in the first, and i was suprised to see probably wes brown's performance of the season. I was really impressed with him, he was delivering amazing crosses, defending well, and attacking too. All round good performance by him, as for united, they probably should have been upfront by half time. Chelsea in the first half though were dire, couldnt seem to hold onto the ball, although near the end they started to get better, especially in the second half when their were times united were played off the pitch. Exciting final, good match by both teams, they both gave it their all.
btw, was it only me or was everybody seemed to be falling on the floor at the begining of the match? Sheesh >.>
Edit:
Poor terry...but i couldnt stop laughing to this >.>;
Well, I saw the highlights of the final, and Chelsea was very unlucky in the 2nd half. Drogba's and Lampard's strikes deserved better than the post. In general, it was very tied, and specially, one of the best finals ever. Sometimes the finals get too boring coz both teams are nervous and afraid to do a decisive mistake. This time it was opportunity after opportunity! I hope I still get to see the full match on TV...
Well, I saw the highlights of the final, and Chelsea was very unlucky in the 2nd half. Drogba's and Lampard's strikes deserved better than the post. In general, it was very tied, and specially, one of the best finals ever. Sometimes the finals get too boring coz both teams are nervous and afraid to do a decisive mistake. This time it was opportunity after opportunity! I hope I still get to see the full match on TV...
Man U deserved more from the 1st half as well. Tevez and Carrick had good enough chances for a 3 - 0 lead and the Chelsea goal was a combination of luck and Van Der Sar's boots.
I was praying for a proper final unlike the community shield and the FA cup and we got it. Only the AC Milan - Liverpool final was a better game from the last few years
JT is an liar see this video http://sosoarsenal.blogg.se/?c=1211537785ate
Terry's statmant was
"There was some pushing and shoving, I admit that," he told The Sun. "But no spitting, that is not my style. No way would I spit at another player."
Chelsea fired Grant. Its official and Mancini and Rijkaard are the front line names for the Blues. I was personally surprised with this news. Grant's season was amazing despite having lost everything in the last matches. It was very difficult to do better, but I guess that's not good enough for Abramovic. I hope Mancini goes to Chelsea so that Mourinho can take Inter's hot seat.
Actually Mourinho took Inter's hot seat first than Mancini took Chelsea :P
Its said the portuguese coach will earn 9M€ for year
Lampard and Deco are already said to be in Mourinho's shortlist
I think Mourinho's style is fitting for the Serie A (more than the Premier League imo) and he'll make a strong team. Inter will have a hard time competing with Milan, since they don't play Champions and will focus on winning the Scudetto.
I agree with sk.nite. Mourinho's style fits Inter and I'm pretty confident he'll create a team not only to keep the dominance in the internal competition, but also a team who can be competitive in the CL. Inter has players, has money, and now, imo, they have a great and ambitious coach. Sometimes I criticized Mancini for his lack of ambition which caused him to loose an 11 point difference advantage and delayed everything for the last match.
Next season, Serie A will be unquestionably much more competitive, with Roma as strong as ever and I've heard rumors that they may be selling the club to a multi-millionaire. Juve gets stronger every season and they're looking forward to retrieve that amazing squad they had before calcio-caos. Milan is always a contender and Fiorentina is improving their status at great speed. I was also hopping Lazio had a word to say. They've been loosing status as fast as Fiorentina is winning it, and they have some very good players here and there.
Inter'll have to sweat alot next season :P