The Foreign Middle Schoolers | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Foreign Middle Schoolers

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
One thing I've been meaning to talk about since this month's chapters came out is what skills Greece's and Australia's D1 pairs have shown. The Stephanoploss brothers use Executions, just like Tohno. Millman uses a serve similar to Ochi's. McGregor might turn out similarly to Mouri.

Why are we seeing G10 concepts again one age group lower?

I don't have an answer to this yet. Maybe this question doesn't even have a universal answer. After all, we've seen it multiple times in both PoT and NPoT that Konomi matched up character with similar styles (the most obvious example being Kawamura's Hadokyuu battles) and that might well be the only reason for why Tohno's opponents used Executions. In Millman's case it might be to show Niou's (and Atobe's?) growth since the G10 challenge.

Another, possibly more interesting question is this: will we see another MS only pair in D1 in the Switzerland match and, if so, will they also use techniques similar to those of a G10 member?

Obviously we can just wait and see on this one, but I do think there is potential for it. If we look at the players Japan might use in doubles and what this could mean for their opponents' style:
-Kimijima -> Negotiation Battle
-Akutsu -> Tanegashima light

Kite and Marui could also face negotiating opponents since they both fell for it during the camp - I guess Marui more so than Kite considering that Kite stopped the negotiation halfway through. A power player might also appear if Ishida or Duke plays, but that seems better suited for singles.

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Please register to see the content of this post.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia