- Joined
- Dec 1, 2011
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 40
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Sorry but couldn't think of a better title. I posted this in the commentary section of the latest chapter, but guess it belongs elsewhere since its a prediction after all.
Well I want to be the first one to make this prediction (hopefully), about Aokiji being the next crew member. We've all learned throughout the years that Oda is not that predictable, and is still too soon to say anything, but I have seen so many predictions before that why don't make one myself. I get the feeling that in the manga they have portrayed Aokiji and Akainu as good and evil. Going back to Ohara when Mr. Kuzan was uneasy about the decision that the elders had taken to destroy an island full of scholars, and the behavior of Saulo (after what he learned from Olivia) led the man to let Robin go. The reasons why he allowed the Strawhats to leave after confronting Luffy makes me believe he is an honorable man. In contrast, the radical justice of Mr. Sukasuki in Ohara when he killed all Ohara civilians, in the war where he was killing runaway soliders instead of kicking pirate's ass, and the fact that his recommendation as fleet admiral made Aokiji step up to take the spot. I suppose that Aokiji thought that the methods used by the marines would become cruel and obsessive if Akainu took place. I think that Aokiji in an attempt to pursue his "own justice", like he once said, will drive him to join the Strawhats in an attempt of opposition of what the marines might turn into. The chapter where brook joined is title "the eight," therefore with the unconfirmed Jinbei they still would need an addition coming from the new world. With their new power-ups one can safely assume that they would need a strong member, and they still don't have a Logia or a giant (-_- he is kinda tall, right? jajaja). Furthermore, I think that the trail that the Strawhats have left so far is that they have fought oppressive people and rescue friends, and he knows this that's why he left them go after nailing Crocodile. As the story keeps on developing we all know that more of these incidents will keep unraveling, and maybe this will have him question the motives of the elders for wiping Ohara even more so that what he already has. Man I freaking loooove these kinds of episodes and I am really excited. I mean all of us had it coming that Blackbeard would become a Yonkou, and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD. I think that is kinda cool that Blackbeard can take unlimited amount of powers into his control, at this rate Luffy will have to beat him Ussop style by throwing rocks at him. I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem). Well friend I apologize for the essay, but I liked the chapter a lot, so if you are reading these last words let me thank you for your patience, jajaja.
---------- Post added December 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM ----------
No you theory is ridiculous, impossible, dumb, baseless, though is just a theory
---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------
In response to the massive discussion that I caused with this controversial topic, I am answering the side of my brain that says is impossible.
I am not sure left side of my brain, as far as I know, a while ago it seem pretty unrealistic to have an ex-shishibukai joining the gang and now its pretty plausible. It's pretty safe to say that as far as Oda goes there is nothing impossible, and remember he loves big twists.
Besides a lot of the current members shouldn't have joined; pirate hunter zoro, nami stole from pirates and hated them with passion, the coward ussop, probably will have a merman that doubtfully will have joined another human crew (except maybe whitebeard), and the rest are just weird robots, walking skeletons, talking raccoons, and unexpectedly a normal archeologist with a traumatic past. The only thing missing from that equation is a marine.
I am not saying I am sure he will join, but I think that there is potential. Most the reasons why people think this is impossible is because of strength, pride and ideals interference. Nonetheless, he has shown to be pretty easy going and careless. Of course, he would not join unless he is overpowered by Luffy, but as seen in the war Yonkou are the real deal; Luffy has to eventually overcome them. I mean only one yonkou fought the war against the admirals, shishibukai, and a bunch of marines, and when the second one came about everyone abstained from fighting any longer. Therefore, as far as I know there is not a real gauge to tell how powerful an admiral is.
Now, Aokiji stepped down because he doesn't want to work under Akainu, but I think is safe to assume that he will not join any party for a while. I would think he will choose to act only when he considers that justice has been corrupted by which time he will join an anti-government faction. This might allow sufficient time for Luffy to kick some Yonko's booty. I like the prediction of him becoming a revolutionary though, but its the same as my theory in the sense that he will always work under somebody. If you are a marine, what would be worse, becoming a pirate that you've always hunted? or a revolutionary that has always been in war with you? On the other hand the connection has been made with the Strawhats for a while now.
The cool thing about One Piece is not only the action, but the unraveling of the story. The Strawhat crew will eventually learn what happened in the void century, which might cause a bigger attempt to overthrow the government. Why is it so impossible to think that all of that will get to Aokiji at some point through the Strawhats.
I am liking the discussion and maybe there is something that I am missing that really makes it impossible, and the fact that people don't go beyond the first sentence in my postings. This is only a theory, right? I thought I share it because I think is pretty sound. Up to now the people that say that the theory is idiotic don't give valid counterarguments. I also think that boney will play an important role, but she has a crew and is not that strong.
The strength argument depends on time and nobody knows when the next addition is coming, ideals might be shared if marines start employing radical methods, he is the Logia that the crew is missing, he is anti-pirate like 50% of the crew was, and anyways who the hell knows I think it fits.
Well I want to be the first one to make this prediction (hopefully), about Aokiji being the next crew member. We've all learned throughout the years that Oda is not that predictable, and is still too soon to say anything, but I have seen so many predictions before that why don't make one myself. I get the feeling that in the manga they have portrayed Aokiji and Akainu as good and evil. Going back to Ohara when Mr. Kuzan was uneasy about the decision that the elders had taken to destroy an island full of scholars, and the behavior of Saulo (after what he learned from Olivia) led the man to let Robin go. The reasons why he allowed the Strawhats to leave after confronting Luffy makes me believe he is an honorable man. In contrast, the radical justice of Mr. Sukasuki in Ohara when he killed all Ohara civilians, in the war where he was killing runaway soliders instead of kicking pirate's ass, and the fact that his recommendation as fleet admiral made Aokiji step up to take the spot. I suppose that Aokiji thought that the methods used by the marines would become cruel and obsessive if Akainu took place. I think that Aokiji in an attempt to pursue his "own justice", like he once said, will drive him to join the Strawhats in an attempt of opposition of what the marines might turn into. The chapter where brook joined is title "the eight," therefore with the unconfirmed Jinbei they still would need an addition coming from the new world. With their new power-ups one can safely assume that they would need a strong member, and they still don't have a Logia or a giant (-_- he is kinda tall, right? jajaja). Furthermore, I think that the trail that the Strawhats have left so far is that they have fought oppressive people and rescue friends, and he knows this that's why he left them go after nailing Crocodile. As the story keeps on developing we all know that more of these incidents will keep unraveling, and maybe this will have him question the motives of the elders for wiping Ohara even more so that what he already has. Man I freaking loooove these kinds of episodes and I am really excited. I mean all of us had it coming that Blackbeard would become a Yonkou, and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD. I think that is kinda cool that Blackbeard can take unlimited amount of powers into his control, at this rate Luffy will have to beat him Ussop style by throwing rocks at him. I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem). Well friend I apologize for the essay, but I liked the chapter a lot, so if you are reading these last words let me thank you for your patience, jajaja.
---------- Post added December 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM ----------
No you theory is ridiculous, impossible, dumb, baseless, though is just a theory
---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------
In response to the massive discussion that I caused with this controversial topic, I am answering the side of my brain that says is impossible.
I am not sure left side of my brain, as far as I know, a while ago it seem pretty unrealistic to have an ex-shishibukai joining the gang and now its pretty plausible. It's pretty safe to say that as far as Oda goes there is nothing impossible, and remember he loves big twists.
Besides a lot of the current members shouldn't have joined; pirate hunter zoro, nami stole from pirates and hated them with passion, the coward ussop, probably will have a merman that doubtfully will have joined another human crew (except maybe whitebeard), and the rest are just weird robots, walking skeletons, talking raccoons, and unexpectedly a normal archeologist with a traumatic past. The only thing missing from that equation is a marine.
I am not saying I am sure he will join, but I think that there is potential. Most the reasons why people think this is impossible is because of strength, pride and ideals interference. Nonetheless, he has shown to be pretty easy going and careless. Of course, he would not join unless he is overpowered by Luffy, but as seen in the war Yonkou are the real deal; Luffy has to eventually overcome them. I mean only one yonkou fought the war against the admirals, shishibukai, and a bunch of marines, and when the second one came about everyone abstained from fighting any longer. Therefore, as far as I know there is not a real gauge to tell how powerful an admiral is.
Now, Aokiji stepped down because he doesn't want to work under Akainu, but I think is safe to assume that he will not join any party for a while. I would think he will choose to act only when he considers that justice has been corrupted by which time he will join an anti-government faction. This might allow sufficient time for Luffy to kick some Yonko's booty. I like the prediction of him becoming a revolutionary though, but its the same as my theory in the sense that he will always work under somebody. If you are a marine, what would be worse, becoming a pirate that you've always hunted? or a revolutionary that has always been in war with you? On the other hand the connection has been made with the Strawhats for a while now.
The cool thing about One Piece is not only the action, but the unraveling of the story. The Strawhat crew will eventually learn what happened in the void century, which might cause a bigger attempt to overthrow the government. Why is it so impossible to think that all of that will get to Aokiji at some point through the Strawhats.
I am liking the discussion and maybe there is something that I am missing that really makes it impossible, and the fact that people don't go beyond the first sentence in my postings. This is only a theory, right? I thought I share it because I think is pretty sound. Up to now the people that say that the theory is idiotic don't give valid counterarguments. I also think that boney will play an important role, but she has a crew and is not that strong.
The strength argument depends on time and nobody knows when the next addition is coming, ideals might be shared if marines start employing radical methods, he is the Logia that the crew is missing, he is anti-pirate like 50% of the crew was, and anyways who the hell knows I think it fits.

He's a likeable character IMO with a strong sense for justice and from what we saw he definitely has some sort of consideration towards Luffy but that doesn't mean he could ever become an underling of Luffy ...
)