Discussion The Future Timeline Thread

Will the Future Timeline be properly explained in the end?


  • Total voters
    13

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So with all this talk flying around about Irene and Erza being the same person, the unfinished Future Timeline plotholes and the slayers being sent forward in time, I feel like Mashima isn't just going to touch on the edges of the real meaning of the Future Timeline. I think he's been adding to it every now and again since the GMG arc and Fairy Tail's endgame is going to involve the future timeline in my opinion. What do you guys think? Will Hiro pull a Skyrim and have the mages send Acnologia forward in time? :XD
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Any travelling or movement in time is going to make plot holes happen.

At least the slayers getting sent to X777 was explained (they needed to go to a time with greater Ethernano). That was acceptable enough for me.

I guess Irene's comment about Universe One being from the future is also intriguing, but I hope it's not true. I hope there isn't time travelling...
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Any travelling or movement in time is going to make plot holes happen.

At least the slayers getting sent to X777 was explained (they needed to go to a time with greater Ethernano). That was acceptable enough for me.

I guess Irene's comment about Universe One being from the future is also intriguing, but I hope it's not true. I hope there isn't time travelling...
That's not really what I'm getting at though. Because of the fact that the Future Rogue scenario was left hanging, I want the ends to meet up or at least the events where Gray has to not kill Frosch etc. And the whole Irene business is just fishy. But because Zeref was working with the other Dragons to raise Slayers to defeat Acnologia, I'm thinking that he'll pull an Obito here.
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Nice theory:super

But irene wasnt confirmed to be erza from the future

And the slayers were sent from the past into the present,not from the future

And the only time he has used the future timeline plot was during the GMG arc

So in my opinion,
No,i dont think mashima will go more into the future timeline plot or explain it(Although i could be wrong)
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Because of the fact that the Future Rogue scenario was left hanging, I want the ends to meet up or at least the events where Gray has to not kill Frosch etc. And the whole Irene business is just fishy. But because Zeref was working with the other Dragons to raise Slayers to defeat Acnologia, I'm thinking that he'll pull an Obito here.
Lmaoo sorry. I guess with Future Rogue's timeline that cannot happen anymore, since the dragons/gate were defeated.

Gray killing Frosh is still up for grabs imo since it's still 1 year after the GMG. It could be left out from the story now on, or Gray might kill Frosh still.

Really hope it ends in a simple way, but can see why you're suspecting otherwise.
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it but wouldn't it be interesting if in this new altered timeline END is the one to kill Frosche... or Lector instead (please kill Lector. :rolleyes:) It would be an inverse of F. Rogue's timeline and it would also be tragic because Natsu knows more about this future timeline than any other person in the story, albeit still minuscule knowledge.
 
Top